What's new

Musharraf resigns; for nation and country

Interceptor, Correct me if I'm wrong but I do not see anything other than the amb. denying these reports which surfaced on our baighayrat media.

Perhaps, my linguistic abilities are not as strong as yours. :woot:

“For me it is always Pakistan first”, Musharraf said and added that politics of confrontation must come to an end and instead a policy of reconciliation be pursued.

Here I don’t agree, reconciliation may be needed in general during managing the institution or the country but it always have certain parameters which allow to make reconciliation and forgive the person who made mistake, while it never allow the proved criminals or traitors who could be a serious threat to the institution, company or the country. Further, I would like to remind a general quote; “Bud acha badnaam bura” , so Musharaf gain bad name just to have friendship with corrupt cruel craps.

As he had time, he has to eject traditional cunning politicians and crook bureaucrats by replacing with patriotic talented peoples to establish think tank and encourage forums of educated peoples to enabling him to lead the country towards real growth.

Off-course I understand that, the rule on the institutions and the country is quite tough to manage, the emotions, courage and sincerity are definitely essentials, but not enough to rule, it’s vitally require, the sharp determination, broad vision, and complete understanding and command on environment and Human psyche and its culture.

“No charge sheet can stand against me. Not even a single charge can be proven against me as I have full trust in Allah Almighty and I did everything with the belief of Pakistan First.”

“All stake holders, whether they were soldiers, politicians, bureaucrats, members of civil society, ulema were consulted in all decisions. “I have nothing to worry about the charge sheet,” Musharraf said.

Good advised but unacceptable or even unimaginable in power's corridors, as one is in power they assumed their wisdom beyond the limit & premier, so it’s useless to take advise from others.

He is right and don’t need to be afraid of to face any forum for accountability; as we believe that, Musharaf may not corrupt, and he is far better then those idiots politicia who are proved corrupt and incompetent, and country was desperately needed the person like Musharaf to lead.

But here is a question, why did he allow these crook ba$tards (who are already proved security threat to Pakistan's Image, & sovereignty) to rule by his specific bad known NRO. Once he knows their track record then why did he compromise with them, why didn’t he throw them out or fix them with courage & obligation of a brave commando. While, he made a blunder, then he had to bear it…. but now country will also have to pay the price of his mistake.

The President said he has mixed thoughts to do something to take the country out of this crisis. Parliament can be saved from horse trading. Even if the impeachment fails, the relations between institutions of the state will never be the same again.

Principally he is right, but unfortunately non of parlimentrian either have capacity nor "Will" to care about country.

Last edited by a moderator:
Musharraf is free to travel anywhere in the world.

I remember Musharraf build a palace there so he could live in peace with our money

Source?

I would like to add one more point.

Gen. Musharraf has repeatedly said he's going no where, will remain in Pakistan and he has no land outside of Pakistan. But, our baighayrat media repeats its own views based on ficticious grounds.

But here is a question, why did he allow these crook ba (who are already proved security threat to Pakistan's Image, & sovereignty) to rule by his specific bad known NRO. Once he knows their track record then why did he compromise with them, why didn’t he throw them out or fix them with courage & obligation of a brave commando. While, he made a blunder, then he had to bear it…. but now country will also have to pay the price of his mistake.

Dude, have you forgotten.. the hooligans rampaging around the country after several unfortunate incidents? how conveniently the flour crisis began before the elections? the way Nawaz Sharif tried to destablise Pakistan by returning? the way BB went to US begging to get power? and several other reasons..

Keeping within the interest of Pakistan, the dire need of political reconciliation to confront problems facing Pakistan and standing by the principle of Pakistan first, Gen. Musharraf felt the need for NRO as we all did. But, as usual the hooligans and crooks want power.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interceptor,

Not sure how rumors about planes etc. have been misconstrued by you to be denial of entry by the Saudis? Just in case, I'd like to let you know that most of the Muslim countries realize the work Musharraf has done and are very supportive of him. Such was not the case with either BB or Nawaz Sharif. He will be allowed in where so ever he wishes to go...knowing so that he is a patriot, he would like no better place than Pakistan to live in, but the local politics won't let that happen.

Well these are some sources for your interest to back that up.

It came on tv senior journalist had picked it up and they were saying the Musharraf had been denied asylum by many countries so on they said that Saudis weren't expecting any Musharraf :D of course that part of the deal, the US specifically said that it would review asylum for Musharraf if he asked, so that is kind of bluntly NO, after all he was their "most allied ally" where is the love now, as for Turkey as I remember Musharraf build a palace there so he could live in peace with our money.

Please provide me one iota of evidence about this so-called palace built by Musharraf in Turkey. While I can buy people in Pakistan swallowing lock, stock and barrel ridiculous crap that is spouted by Hamid Mir and team, but for the sake of the standard of this forum, please post stuff that you can substantiate.

Also while we are on this topic, please enjoy the following about your beloved PPP leaders and how they have raped and pillaged the poor of Pakistan. These are the same crooks who for the past 3 decades have been promising you and I, roti, kapra aur makaan all the while they live off building real estate empires in and outside of Pakistan, all with ill-gotten wealth. If you do not see this and accept it then there really is no hope for Pakistan:

HOUSE OF GRAFT: Tracing the Bhutto Millions -- A special report.; Bhutto Clan Leaves Trail of Corruption - New York Times

Last edited:
Dear Champ,

Your blind devotion and emotions blind you.

Yes Gen Musharraf was a good General but that does not make him a good civil Administrator or visionary. He had everything

The Army Backing Him.
The People Backing Him.
The World Powers Backing Him.

Then why did the majority vote for NS and BB ? While voting for these two they voted for change and if he was wise he would have stepped down and gone and played his tennis.

He had 8 years to solve Pakistans problems but he did not. Please don't blame the West for that.

However I agree with most people here that he must be shown dignity and respect now that he has stepped down. The Gen M era is over and now Pakistan and its media should watch Mr Zardari and NS closely and let them perform and hold them accountable when they slip up.

Regards

Well yes of course i am emotional every Pakistani who loves his country will be emotional, at the time when some who cared for them from heart leaves.

He did what he could to save this country from many problems, yes Army's support was with him & that was not bcoz he was there chief but bcoz they know at the moment he is the only person who can save Pakistan.

& you are talking about support of the world do you really belive that i have a news for you world never wanted us to prosper the did what ever they could to stop us in our tracks & then there was this one man who took the command in his hand & took Pakistan to a safe shore.

And about people you say , that is the biggest problem of our nation for answer to this you have to read my previous post you will get the answer.

and the problems of 50 years cannot be solved in just 8 years but he tried his best & got rid of the most of the problems.

HEROES ARE NOT ,WHO TAKE A COUNTRY TO A VICTORY, but THOSE ARE WHO TAKE A COUNTRY OUT OF CHAOS & DRIVE THE TOWARDS PROSPERITY.
just think about it.

Regards
Champ

Last edited:
LOL the unconditional support is over is't it?
And also noone is selling people YET. And politicians when they will do something, they will be punished with people's vote and if people still vote for them, then I don't think people like you should have any problem with it.

I must disect this one... have you been to Pakistan ever (this and the next question are serious questions) were you an adult when BB and NS played for 2 innings each... did anyone ever get netted for ANYTHING... Have you heard of NRO... and still you think "ba-sha-oor awaam" actually know how to punish the corrupt...

Musharraf was no saint thats a fair statment, but by God any sane person will place his/her bet on him anytime the other option is 10% or Gunjoo Lala...

nice to read your concepts....totally different from mine...lolz...

You told about USA King....ok ok dear what about Iranian President....what about them...hann.
secondly...About killing terrorist in Pakistan...So according to you children there are terrorists hammm..or for you Pakistani FC and PA personals are terrorists GUD thoughts dude.
Thirdly i accept the way GEO present their news...but what about others atleast they are telling us the truth.
Forth...LAL Masjid..Whats the problem with him to do operation and killing Pakistanis just for the piece of land...and the Army did the operation in such a way oo my God....as the are in the battle field. Are the students there are terrorists...
Come on dude... nothing could be done with out the permission of President or PM...ok
well there are some links which may help you to think again...

CNN.com - Pakistan protests airstrike - Jan 14, 2006
U.S. Releases Video of Pakistan Airstrike - The Lede - Breaking News - New York Times Blog
Musharraf terrorises the nation with Lal Masjid assault - Kavkazcenter.com
Musharraf Sprinkles Salt on Lal Masjid Wounds | The Pakistani Spectator
Random Thoughts: Those who killed Laal Masjid's innocent students, plz read 4:93
Musharraf Dancing Lal Masjid Jamia Hafsa Food Crisis (Azaab) - Video

I know i could not change your thinking...but these links may or may helps you...thanks
Brother USA is king and that is the a fact. And i also don't like fooling myself like most of the people. Second thing is yes we are not IRAN! Iranian president can definatly talk back and show a finger to entire world since they sit on the sea of oil but we don't. World can't work properly if we iran stop pumping oil so they can black mail world but realisticly speaking we can't say much since we are Pakistan come to the reality brother. I know our pakistani people sometimes dont like to admit it. Lal masjid !you tell me what kind of right terrorist had to blackmail Pakistan. We gave 9 months to everyone to leave red mosqe for once not forever. But they didnt want to leave it. right, man get your head out of the sand, feel the heat. this world is ugly and we need to realize what is going on here. You are telling me that Pakistani army or innocent people getting killed yes its true and its sad but can you stand up to this mighty power the answer is NO. All decidions had been by Musharraf were in the favor of Pakistan but we cant go to war with US because our 30 soilders have died!!!!! Man like i said this world is ugly. There are people who live in Pakistan and attack US forces in afganistan and come and hid back in pakistan near our bases so what about that. Yes innocent kids and women have died in this war but we can't stop it. Your terrorist friends from Lal masjid meaning extremests killed more people then US has ever killed in pakistan. Why you guys dont talk about these scumbags terrorists. it wounder me sometimes. Musharraf having dance is bad wow for your kind information its not wrong to dance here and there atleast he was't hugging girls and kissing and drinking like BILAWAL ZARDARI your new leader in near future. Come to reality thanks:sniper: :pakistan:

Nice you know the facts thats great. Today if this govt say YES to USA for everything, Our economy will BOOM like it never did.

But we lost an angel man every Pakistani is moaning :(

Man what are you talking about? This goverment is doing everything for USA way more then Musharraf did. like i said take your head out of sand and feel the heat. Try to put ISI under interior ministery . I hope what i will mean, it means say bye bye to Pakistani ISI it will be in control of USA. who know what going on in bajor and other areas, all i can see is over 150,000 people moving out of that area which never happend. This big of a number of people never moved in pakistan like that. In eight years of musharraf we didnt have this. Who knows how badly this goverment is hurting Pakistani there. Man these comments make me sick. What you people think, its true we people have been ruled by whites because we can't think beyond little stupid stuff. My this reply is rude but i don't care man. Iam not breaking rules of this forum thats all it matter to me.:pakistan:

actually, Gillani has just got Pakistan a 10 year $15 billion aid package! last time I checked, Musharraf only got $10 billion over a period of 10 years.

wonder what's taking the economy so long? maybe it's because the people running it our jahel feudal lords who have fake degrees? maybe it's because we have a nation filled with stupid people right now, right?

actually, Gillani has just got Pakistan a 10 year $15 billion aid package! last time I checked, Musharraf only got $10 billion over a period of 10 years.

wonder what's taking the economy so long? maybe it's because the people running it our jahel feudal lords who have fake degrees? maybe it's because we have a nation filled with stupid people right now, right?

my dear sir - i beg to disagree. this US $ 15Bill for 10 years has nothing to do with gillani. this is a democracy dividend which was the idea of sen joe biden to encourage democracy in pakistan.it has been on the cards even before the present govt. came to power. if there is any credit due it should go to musharraf for holding free and fair elections and paving the way for democracy. gillani is a useless rubber-stamp.

Wednesday August 20, 2008

The inevitable has happened after all. President General (retd) Pervez Musharraf by tendering his resignation on the eventful day of August 18, 2008 has acted quite wisely and thus saved the day for himself as well as for the ruling coalition mainly the senior partner PPP and its PPP Co-Chairman Asif Ali Zardari.

In all fairness, due credit should be given to former president and COAS Pervez Musharraf for upholding his slogan "Pakistan First and Foremost" and stepping down just before the ruling coalition was going to formally initiate the process for his impeachment in the parliament.

By doing so, he has stuck to his commitment that he will not invoke Article 58-2(b) and dissolve the National Assembly to avert any threat to him.

When Musharraf had himself elected as the president in October last year from his brain-child PML-Q and coalition partners even when retaining the uniform, it is a matter of record that he had announced that he would get vote of confidence from the newly-elected assemblies after the general election in due course of time.

However, the general (retd) neither sought vote of confidence from the new assemblies, which came into existence after February 18 elections nor did he honoured his constitutional obligation to address the joint sitting of the parliament to formally inaugurate the new parliamentary with a message from the president.

Like all previous civil and military rulers, General (retd) Musharraf also committed mistakes and faltered here and there, despite honouring his commitment to doff off the army chief uniform before taking oath as the elected president.

One can go on counting the plus and minus points of Musharraf`s rule at some length as he had ruled the country for almost nine years since October 12, 1999. But now that he has stepped down and sent his resignation to the National Assembly Speaker, as provided in the constitution, the pertinent question which needs to be addressed in all seriousness by all concerned is: what`s next now?

A new president has to be elected according to the procedure laid down in the constitution and the ruling coalition`s high-command has to shoulder greater responsibility under the changed circumstances to pick up a suitable candidate for the top slot of the country. One wrong step at this juncture may prove pretty costly for everyone.

PML-N Chief Mian Nawaz Sharif has just stated that he is not interested in the presidentship and PPP`s Co-Chairman Asif Zardari, in a debatable and questionable manner though, had once said that he will not be running for the highest office of the land, however, recently he has laid PPP`s claims over the top slot and also hinted that the "next president can be a woman."

In order to give due representation to the smaller provinces in the overall set-up of the country, it would be advisable as well as sensible that the new president should be taken from Balochistan for which PML-N leadership has already suggested a couple of names. Moreover, the PPP leadership should not insist on MNA Faryal Talpur or any other PPP`s man for the top slot in case the coalition partners do not agree. The country`s interests must be given preference over the party or individual`s interests.

The chapter of Musharraf is not really over. The same PPP folks dancing in Karachi will face Musharraf in future elections of Pakistan. Musharraf tuned a very negative situation to a prospective one by resigning and waiting for an opportunity to come back to power.

The deal reached secretly is simple. He will not be prosecuted. He will have full security from Pakistani Government. He will be able to contest the elections in future.

An emotional Musharraf said he wanted to spare Pakistan from a dangerous power struggle.

"I hope the nation and the people will forgive my mistakes," Musharraf said in a televised address largely devoted to defending his record.

After inspecting a guard on honor outside his hulking white marble palace in the capital, a pokerfaced Musharraf stepped into a black limousine and left the building — perhaps for the last time.

Chaudhry Shujaat Hussain, head of the main pro-Musharraf party, said Musharraf would live in Islamabad, where he owns a farmhouse on the outskirts.

Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi said leaders of the ruling coalition would discuss later Monday whether to prosecute Musharraf in court on the impeachment charges.

Briefly, his political foes put those issues on the back burner and got on with celebrating.

"It is a victory of democratic forces," Information Minister Sherry Rehman said. "Today, the shadow of dictatorship that has prevailed for long over this country, that chapter has been closed."

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom