What's new

Musharraf, The Only Hope for Pakistan

and so are those who support him. It pains me to say this but because of the things that Musharaf has done, people here in the west have changed their opinion of Pakistanis from bad to worse. They actually think we are cheap and all for sale.

Let me rephrase your sentence Sir. Nawaz League's people here in the west have changed their opinion of Pakistanis ....

Last edited:
The guy who can do NRO, just to remain in Power can never be a HOPE for Pakistan. We need people who can never lay down under US or internal Political powers.

HELL NO!!

I certainly don't want to see another episode of supereme courts locked up and shut down, civil society thrown in jail, media taken off air, mosques being bombed, etc. political leaders being arrested, and doctors running pakistani cricket....how ridiculous!!!

I didn't know people still crave for egotistical ruthless dictators here as if they were Massiah of some sort. Mushy is an empty bullet now only good for disposal. Politics were never meant for him to begin with.

HELL NO!!

I certainly don't want to see another episode of supereme courts locked up and shut down, civil society thrown in jail, media taken off air, mosques being bombed, etc. political leaders being arrested, and doctors running pakistani cricket....how ridiculous!!!

I didn't know people still crave for egotistical ruthless dictators here as if they were Massiah of some sort. Mushy is an empty bullet now only good for disposal. Politics were never meant for him to begin with.

I would love to see all political powers (including Mushy) being thrown into jail while taking their all property/institutes from them, for the corruption they are doing from last 3 decays. Just some weeks back our PM brought 280 Million land in DHA.

Quote of the Decade:

"He's like a whore, who having reached old age, and wanting to get married, is declaring himself a virgin" ---------Khwaja Muhammad Asif

Quote of the Decade:

"He's like a whore, who having reached old age, and wanting to get married, is declaring himself a virgin" ---------Khwaja Muhammad Asif

:disagree:

Mr. Asif calling anyone a whore is like the pot calling the kettle black. Seriously all remember his history well with the privatision committe, his servitude under the Choti and Bari Tinds, how he was implicated in the "handing" over of Ittefaq Foundry to the brothers.

He forgets his dealings with Gen Haq, or when he comes and blames the mehran Bank issue on the previous regiem forgetting the biggest benificiaries were the Choti and Bari tinds from Lahore.

Khwaja shaib should learn to peep into his own collar before jumping the gun.

Musharraf lists achievements during his eight-year tenure

Says he can stop corruption, capital flight and improve country

By Ashfaq Ahmed, December 27, 2010

Dubai: Pakistan should make its war against terrorism conditional on the payment of its heavy debts by the countries involved, said former president Pervez Musharraf.

"Countries fighting the war against terrorism should solve our debt problems to bring the country out of the economic trouble because Pakistan has suffered huge economic losses. And if they don't, then Pakistan should ‘see' what it should do for its survival," Musharraf said while speaking at function in Dubai to mark the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah, the founder of Pakistan.

It was Musharraf's first public appearance in Dubai since he launched his political party All Pakistan Muslim League (APML). A huge crowd of his supporters turned up at the function which was organised by his Dubai-based party, activists and businessmen — including Syed Mohammad Ali and Saleem Shah. The event was also attended by his supporters who came from United Kingdom and Pakistan.

Support

A number of people, including owner of the famous chain of Karachi Darbar restaurants in the UAE, announced their support for Musharraf.

Addressing more than 600 people in a jam-packed hall of the Ramada Continental Hotel in Dubai, Musharraf talked at length about his achievements during his eight-year tenure in the government but did not mention his grave mistakes which lead to his collapse as president of the country.

"Quaid-e-Azam's [Mohammad Ali Jinnah] soul must be restless to see what is happening in Pakistan these days. We have no pride now. Muslims are killing Muslims in the name of Islam in the country. People of Pakistan are suffering due to lack of commercial and economic activities," he said.

"Investors are scared to go to Pakistan, corruption is at its peak and huge capital flight from Pakistan to foreign countries has added to their economic downturn," he added.

Musharraf believes that he can turn Pakistan around by reversing all these deteriorating factors if he comes into power again. "I can do it and you have to support me to win elections as it is the first step to change political culture in Pakistan," he said.

However, he did not elaborate how he will win the election especially when he does not have a constituency or other candidates who are capable of winning enough seats to bring him to the corridors of power again.

But he is banking on 60 per cent of Pakistani voters who have never used their right of franchise in the past.

"This 60 per cent of [the] population will have to wake up and vote for better leadership to save Pakistan," Musharraf said.
He also urged the youth of the country to rise to the occasion to secure their future.

Back to development

To bring Pakistan back on the path of development, Musharraf said: "I will repeat what I did in 1999 — gain the confidence of people and foreign countries — and rebuild Pakistan with mandate of the masses which is stronger than army uniform and bureaucracy."
On his plan to return to Pakistan, he said: "I am very comfortable abroad with no problems whatsoever but I have a cause to go back and that is to save Pakistan."

Those who spoke at the function included Barrister Saif, secretary-general of APML; Chaudhry Shahbaz, chief coordinator, Saleem Shah and Syed Mohammad Ali. He also cut the cake to mark Jinnah's birthday.

gulfnews : Musharraf lists achievements during his eight-year tenure

Its not about what he says but what he can doo..his notable achievements are:

- Boosting the Baluch insurgency
- Boosting the Northern insurgency
- NRO

He could have handled the insurgency on two sides by allocating rights and development investment. Something the zardari led "corrupt" democracy fares better in.

Unless an until he comes to power by fair means of elections, there is little credibility to his claims. There is nobody 100% bad or good..everyone is a mix of two and its about the balance they can achieve between their success and failure to convince the nation for voting them.

i'll doubt if Musharaff can win election in pakistan unless it conducted among facebook and online community.

Musharraf is NOT coming back to power in Pakistan. EVER. End of story.

(unless he sells himself to the USA, like he did before.)

Back
Top Bottom