What's new

Muslim protesters brand war heroes 'murderers' as homecoming parade turns violent.

Well In my openion this was bound to happen as some Eurpeons countries allowed insultive articles and call it freedom of speech so now these guys are using the same tectics for their benefits.

I have said it before and will say it again that in every matter of demonstrations the truth must be adhered to. and civilised behaviour must be demostrated.

unscruplous, uncivilised, insultive depictions of prophets and saints must not be considered freedom of speech, be considered unacceptable as it has nothing to do with free speech, is based on concocted assumptions and on hatred. Furthermore those who indulge in this use the media for selfish advantages.

So if we the civilised humans will not differantiate between the true demonstrations and one based on intent to insult and based on lies than there will be those who will use the freedom of speech to push thier strange agendas and use it for their benefits of making money and of cheap advertisements

Since when u were made a spokes man for west. r. v. trin to B clever or what?

Two nation theory...That's an interesting thought...

Democracy and freedom of speech must prevail, let the voters make the final dicision about all matters.

Not devide but evolve, emulate the good, weedout the bad and reward the brilliance in all matters.

Democracy and freedom of speech must prevail, let the voters make the final dicision about all matters.

Not devide but evolve, emulate the good, weedout the bad and reward the brilliance in all matters.

just like in Switzerland, voters made the choice to ban minarets

Yes. I wonder why such people dont reciprocate the same attitude towards others in the very countries where they practice this freedom of speech? If you havent noticed, the cops were actually protecting those douches.

And oh btw, if you haven't read the article clearly, these ppl were protesting the fact that the army marched through "muslim areas" of the city as if it is their own personal promised fiefdom! Can you believe THAT?

MOD EDIT: words
They can protest, "Why babies are cute" if they want to, you can't question them why they don't protest for freedom in other Muslim countries (you can't say that England isn't their home country). It is their right to protest non-violently.

That is complete crap. Protest the government all you want and those who do war crimes but protesting soldiers coming home from deployment is pretty low and disrespectful. Show respect to these troops.

They can protest, "Why babies are cute" if they want to, you can't question them why they don't protest for freedom in other Muslim countries (you can't say that England isn't their home country). It is their right to protest non-violently.

I never said they cannot. Let them, a lot of Brits do anyway. But how does protesting a military march through "muslim areas" justify their cause? Is that area a separate land/state/country with 'muslim rules'? Heckling soldiers when they are parading in "muslim areas"? What is more ridiculous, this or the fact that British police are protecting these very dimwits?

Oh btw, you do know that not everyone born in Britain, especially to immigrants, automatically becomes a British citizen? It might be their place of birth but may NOT be their country. And yet their rights to protest are protected by the British police. These are the very people who protest against the Europeans' freedom of speech, ironic aint it?

Some folks just don't get the basics of protest.

An act of protest is the manifestation of opposition to some act or policies or the lack of it.

Protest will always fail to meet someones definition of protest. This however does not make it an unlawful act.

There is no defined way of lawful protesting. Attempt to define lawful protest will inevitably be declared unconstitutional.

Last edited:
I never said they cannot. Let them, a lot of Brits do anyway. But how does protesting a military march through "muslim areas" justify their cause? Is that area a separate land/state/country with 'muslim rules'? Heckling soldiers when they are parading in "muslim areas"? What is more ridiculous, this or the fact that British police are protecting these very dimwits?

Oh btw, you do know that not everyone born in Britain, especially to immigrants, automatically becomes a British citizen? It might be their place of birth but may NOT be their country. And yet their rights to protest are protected by the British police. These are the very people who protest against the Europeans' freedom of speech, ironic aint it?
That is relevant in a freedom of speech debate. Currently there is no lawful method of forcibly stopping them from protesting.

You may call them wrong and convince them to back off on their own.

They all were practicing their freedom of speech.

Freedom of speech.. does it require any place, occassion, time?

Lets just name this protest as freedom of speech and get along with life.
Oh wait,
Are these Muslims practicing their right of free speech?
Bastards

All you ppl who are saying this was not the place or time to protest should also remember We Muslims also once said that Our Prophet is not an entity to practice your freedom of speech.
What advices we got? Ignore them, Dont hype them, its their right of freedom of speech bla bla

So
Ignore them being britishers its their right to do or express themselves. Opposing the government policy does not mean they are not loyal to thier country.
Think of them with red passports and as British citizens (not as muslims) No body can throw them out of UK.

The more you hype them the more they'll do this.

Freedom of speech... Apply it to yourselves aswell, dwell

Very well said dear, we hindus also want this, let the christrians and muslims fight and weaken and die, good for us.

Frredom of speech so its fine I agree but this creates more hatred towards the muslim, but I hope more such things happen so that this hatred is finished once and for all through wars.

Who will win well we all know............

Very well said dear, we hindus also want this, let the christrians and muslims fight and weaken and die, good for us.

Frredom of speech so its fine I agree but this creates more hatred towards the muslim, but I hope more such things happen so that this hatred is finished once and for all through wars.

Who will win well we all know............

Start a new thread for this kind of discussion.

apart from the last line i didn't get a single word you have said or from where that reply came from :smokin:

This is why there is problems with english and muslims just visit the EDL or BNP website and u will see. I live in UK and there have been many clashes between muslim extremists and EDL/BNP supporters. The last one was over building a mosque in harrow

Since when is protest governed by rules ? Since when are certain segments of any democratic institution exempted from becoming the recipients of protest action, including and especially the military? If our soldiers in India are returning from active combat in an area which is the subject of anger to certain groups in India, and if those groups want to vent their feelings by way of peaceful protest at a parade then what stops them from doing so ? Not any Indian law from my knowledge of Indian law. In the USA many protest groups shouted anger and hurled insults at soldiers during parades after those soldiers returned from active duty in Vietnam. The protestors were not labelled "traitors" or "extremists' or unfit to be called Americans. In fact those protestors were one of the main reasons that the US government pulled out of Vietnam.

Just because something is legal does not mean its right. Yes, the protestors were well within their rights to protest, just like the vietnam war protestors were. But just like the vietnam war protestors, they were wrong to protest against soldiers who were just following orders. A protest should be aimed at the right people.

Also, the vietnam protestors were protesting against war itself. its pretty evident they would have protested even if the war was in some other country. but these protestors here are calling the war ' a crusade' and dragging relgion into the issue. so it is evident their protest is not against war, but based on religious sentiments. i doubt they would have given a damn if it was a war in Falklands.

I must differ from your point that the protestors are "anti-British". They are anti -British policy when it comes to the war in Iraq and Afganistan.They admirably are making their views known in a democratic manner and in a civilised way. It could be possible that they are hardcore British citizens in all other aspects of British life. I would rather have them protest like the way they do than have them plant bombs in a mall to expose their anger at this aspect of British policy. Isn't that what democracy is all about?

Finally, I may not agree with their views on the Iraq and Afghan wars but as a democrat I always believe in the motto that it is my duty to defend their rights to express their view in a peaceful and non violent manner

yes, it is much better that they protest than plant bombs, but any logical protestor should assess the impact of a protest. would u ever protest if u know that your protest will cause more harm? a logical protest would have been outside the parliament without dragging religion into it.

They all look so angry. They all need a nice warm bath & a shave.
It will help cool them down a bit

:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom