What's new

Myanmar aircraft cross Bangladesh border, fire shells

India has no ability to "control" BD.

BD is getting relatively much stronger and the power balance has shifted significantly in BD's favour since Hasina came into power. It will keep tilting in BD's favour as BD economy will outgrow India into the future.

You're kidding right?

Explain to us how this is the case.

You're kidding right?

As Bangladesh grows economically it will become more important. In my 2 cents the best role model for Bangladesh is Singapore. You do not see Singapore getting in a pissing contest with Malaysia. They focus like a laser on their economy. They are allied to USA. Yet they maintain friendly ties with China

I will let you Bangladeshis decide the rest

You're kidding right?

BD was not much more than a basket case in 2009 economically.

In 2009, India has a gdp per capita 80% larger than that of BD while now BD is ahead and the gap will grow into the future.

Like I say the power balance will shift more towards BD as time progresses.

India's power is over-rated as it will always remain a compromise state due to its multi-ethnic nature.

As long as BD stays focused on it's economy India will need it just as much as it needs India.

As usual Pakistanis and Chinese get to decide on PDF the foreign policy of everyone

I agree with everything you say

What is common among these states ? - South Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, Israel, Vietnam. Except Vietnam all of them are serious US allies. If Bangladesh wants to be a serious player you have to ally with either USA or China. you can pick your poison

Don’t pick poison.

Stay neutral.

Both south korea and Japan had to completely submit to US culture. Japan is literally dying off and Korea curved in two. COST TOO HIGH.

A Muslim country cannot go that far. Hence US will never be as generous to a Muslim country.

Submitting to China also out of question as it will totally piss off the west and India. COST WILL BE TOO HIGH.

Don’t pick poison.

Stay neutral.

Both south korea and Japan had to completely submit to US culture. Japan is literally dying off and Korea curved in two. COST TOO HIGH.

A Muslim country cannot go that far. Hence US will never be as generous to a Muslim country.

Submitting to China also out of question as it will totally piss off the west and India. COST WILL BE TOO HIGH.

your point is well taken. the track record for non-aligned states is bleak. scores of personalities from Sukarno to Nasser to Nehru to Tito to Julius Nyerere have tried it out. it is a narrow pathway.
To top it Bangladesh has a huge population

your point is well taken. the track record for non-aligned states is bleak. scores of personalities from Sukarno to Nasser to Nehru to Tito to Julius Nyerere have tried it out. it is a narrow pathway.
To top it Bangladesh has a huge population

Options aren’t good.

Which is why Hasina gets so much credit for the stupendous progress over the last decade.

The delusional few think Bangladesh is a land of honey and should be motoring like Japan and Korea 🤣🤣

Back
Top Bottom