What's new

Myanmar-Bangladesh relations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, I don't know whay you think you are stronger than us. You have a smaller military. Hardly any experience in warfare. A fragile and corrupt democratic government. The only reasons you come up with for your superiority is apocryphal like "Oh the Burmese army is bigger but they all fight with sandals." or "The Burmese will not have the same resolve we Bengalis have" etc. Your government know this.

Our last international war was a small spat with Thailand about 12 years ago. They kicked our *** with their air superiority. That got a lot of majors and some generals fired. In the 10 years since the Tatmadaw (Burmese army) has transformed itself from a light infantry based force into a modern 3 dimensional (land, air, sea) force, upgrading everything. They have spent unprecendented levels on arms in the past 10 years. They even built their own frigate! They have N. Korean scuds and are trying to build their own missiles. I just objectively do not see anything other than a heavy defeat for Bangladesh if you attack us. I will also add that you would unify the whole nation behind the army and ASEAN will shun you completely if you attack us.

Why do you think you are in a position to threaten the Burmese? And how am I a racist?

No one will support racist people who are committing crimes against humanity, we will also work with Rohingya refugees to file a case in International Criminal Court, while all this is going on.

First fight Rohingya and other ongoing insurgencies in your land, before you turn your gun on us. We had no war in our land for the last 40 years, but once we gear up, we can overrun your little nation, if we want to, so take your chest thumping somewhere else, as we have not even threatened you with war. The first step is to support the Rohingya insurgency so they can reign supreme in former Arakan land.

No one will support racist people who are committing crimes against humanity, we will also work with Rohingya refugees to file a case in Internation Criminal Court, while all this is going on.

First fight Rohingya and other ongoing insurgencies in your land, before you turn your gun on us. We had no war in our land for the last 40 years, but once we gear up, we can overrun your little nation, if we want to, so take your chest thumping and threats somewhere else.

Chest thumping? You are the one coming up with threatening rhetoric. You're the one talking about arming a Rohingya insurgency. Why do you have this notion that you can defeat a much larger, better funded army that is on a war footing? That is madness.

Chest thumping? You are the one coming up with threatening rhetoric. You're the one talking about arming a Rohingya insurgency. Why do you have this notion that you can defeat a much larger, better funded army that is on a war footing? That is madness.

Because it is called insurgency warfare, which is what you will be fighting. And don't dream of fighting Bangladesh, you are not in the same league.

- No. ASSK is a politician. She knows what the people want. She understands a lot of her followers are islamophobic so she will not do anything that will seem to be embracing our muslim neighbours.

That is just pitiful :lol:

Are we asking Burma to bow down to Bangladesh? No.

It's simply a request not to keep throwing the Rohingyas to Bangladesh.

What part of that sentence don't you people understand?

How is that 'bowing down' to some dirty Muslim nation? Mmmm...?

- The US is already doing its hardest to embrace us because we are in a rather ridiculously advantageous geo-strategic position. I don't think they will upset that applecart over 1 million Rohingya. Unfortunate but true.

And what? You expect them to have a base in your country to save yourself from big bad China? :rofl:

-Ofcourse India are in for self interest. So are we. Don't take the dharmic brotherhood too much to heart.

Don't get cute pal. You don't know me :no:

Don't push it...

Because it is called insurgency warfare, which is what you will be fighting. And don't dream of fighting Bangladesh, you are not in the same league.

Lol! Yes sir! Mr. Bingala sayar gyi sir! I forgot Bangladesh is Premier League. :laugh:

That is just pitiful :lol:

Are we asking Burma to bow down to Bangladesh? No.

It's simply a request not to keep throwing the Rohingyas to Bangladesh.

What part of that sentence don't you people understand?

How is that 'bowing down' to some dirty Muslim nation? Mmmm...?

And what? You expect them to have a base in your country to save yourself from big bad China? :rofl:

Don't get cute pal. You don't know me :no:

- I agree it's regretful but there it is. People are islamophobic. I'm pretty sure the Burmese are not the only ones with islamophobic tendencies.

- I expect the threat of allowing a US base in Myanmar should be enough of a deterrent to China.

- I'm not your pal, buddy. :laugh:

Lol! Yes sir! Mr. Bingala sayar gyi sir! I forgot Bangladesh is Premier League. :laugh:

Compared to Myanmar, I can say confidently yes. And don't just look at the size of our Army. It was kept low to save money, but we have millions people with arms training who can join in a few months. We can also buy equipment when we need to. But at this moment, we have no need, although we should gear up for any future possibility.

And we have no insurgency in our country and there is no possibility of having any new one in the future. Indians tried one with Chakma, result: we put a bunch of our own ethnic Bengali people and settled them there and now we have majority presence there. So no chance there any more. Plus Chakma's are treated nice, given jobs with priority and some Bangladeshi's also inter-marry with them. I myself employed hundreds of Chakma factory workers and some managers at one time. So they are happy as far as I know, not like how Myanmar ethnic cleansing of Rohingya's from their own land.

Myanmar on the other hand have zillions of insurgency, some ongoing, some still simmering after cease-fire, so you have no possibility of economic growth like us, you will be drowned in insurgency for many decades, democracy or no democracy.

- I agree it's regretful but there it is. People are islamophobic. I'm pretty sure the Burmese are not the only ones with islamophobic tendencies.

That does not mean that gives them the right to persecute people just because of their religion.

There are plenty of Islamophobic bigots in the US and elsewhere, yet do we see them like what you are doing? :no:

And for your information, I've known one Burmese Muslim of Chinese decent during my time in Thailand. He never complained of Islamophobia in his country or within his circle of Burmese friends. And he is a great supporter of ASSK.

So please, do continue to entertain us.

- I expect the threat of allowing a US base in Myanmar should be enough of a deterrent to China.

Why...yes! YES! By all means! Please do that!! :rofl: :rofl:

Okay, just don't pretend you know me :lol:

Again with this disguised troll...pathetic !!

I'm suspecting that. But let's see where it goes :D

The US knows that Bangladesh and Bengali's are moderate and not extremists. So Islamophobia of US, which is reserved for extremism, does not affect US-Bangladesh relationship. India is another story however.

US base in Myanmar is not likely, its not even likely in Bangladesh, but even if there is one in Myanmar, it will not be bad for us, as they will make sure that you follow the US minimum standard of human rights, otherwise they will withdraw, like they did in Uzbekistan. If there is any talk of US base in Myanmar, expect China to start working hard to publicize human rights issues in Myanmar.

That does not mean that gives them the right to persecute people just because of their religion.

There are plenty of Islamophobic bigots in the US and elsewhere, yet do we see them like what you are doing? :no:

And for your information, I've known one Burmese Muslim of Chinese decent during my time in Thailand. He never complained of Islamophobia in his country or within his circle of Burmese friends.

So please, do continue to entertain us.

Yes, well done. You knew a panthay. I am happy he was not subjected to islamophobia. However, I am pointing out that there is a strong islamophobic tendency in Myanmar. I don't agree with it but there we go. Daw Suu will not bend on the Rohingya issue as she if she does, she will lose her nationalistic support and her Arakanese support.

The US knows that Bangladesh and Bengali's are moderate and not extremists. So Islamophobia of US, which is reserved for extremism, does not affect US-Bangladesh relationship. India is another story however.

US base in Myanmar is not likely, its not even likely in Bangladesh, but even if there is one in Myanmar, it will not be bad for us, as they will make sure that you follow the US minimum standard of human rights, otherwise they will withdraw, like they did in Uzbekistan. If there is any talk of US base in Myanmar, expect China to start working hard on human rights issues in Myanmar.

Oh please don't get me wrong. A US base is the VERY LAST thing I want in Myanmar. I am simply putting ideas out there. I've said before that I see our future as ASEAN + Japan, Korea, Taiwan.

Yes, well done. You knew a panthay. I am happy he was not subjected to islamophobia. However, I am pointing out that there is a strong islamophobic tendency in Myanmar. I don't agree with it but there we go. Daw Suu will not bend on the Rohingya issue as she if she does, she will lose her nationalistic support and her Arakanese support.

Yes, she hasn't said anything on the issue. So I believe you are correct about ASSK.

But then, Bangladesh will not tolerate any form of bigotry from anyone. We've seen enough of it in our young existence. And we are not an extremist nation. And we do share many security interests with the US currently.

Given that the Rohinghya issue can potentially spill on our border further in the future, we won't stay quiet about it. And they got us at a very bad time.

Yes, she hasn't said anything on the issue. So I believe you are correct about ASSK.

But then, Bangladesh will not tolerate any form of bigotry from anyone. We've seen enough of it in our young existence.

Given that the Rohinghya issue can potentially spill on our border futher in the future, we won't stay quiet about it. And that has gotten us at a very bad time.

Nor should you tolerate bigotry. I have said many times over that I lament a lot of Burmese and their attitudes in this whole affair and a lot of people haven't painted themselves in a positive light.

However, I do think BD accepting Rohingya is the unfortunate but equitable thing to do. Atleast give them the choice of settling in BD or Myanmar. I think Thailand made a similar offer to Karens in their camps a few years ago.

Oh please don't get me wrong. A US base is the VERY LAST thing I want in Myanmar. I am simply putting ideas out there. I've said before that I see our future as ASEAN + Japan, Korea, Taiwan.

DASSK and the people of Myanmar will change their mind when faced with a full blown Rohingya insurgency and international condemnation. Rohingya is a well documented international persecution case which some are claiming to be crimes against humanity. So when sh!t hits the fan, DASSK and your people will not know which way to turn but to change their mind.

This geopolitical game is not one that is hard to solve in my opinion, all the elements and pieces are there, all we need to do is make sure that the right moves are made on time.

And about Islamophobia, please do not forget Indonesia and Malaysia, our Muslim brothers in ASEAN.

For ASEAN+ (ASEAN-10+Japan+Korea+future states), please leave Taiwan out of it. Both China and USA need to give their blessings for ASEAN+ idea, even though the blessings will be forced out of them. So Taiwan is an absolute no-no.

To Bangladeshi posters, please comment on the insurgency ideas:

Considering this material and history, there is a strong case of supporting Rohingya insurgency. I will make the following initial recommendation:

- the insurgency should be less religiously oriented and more defensive and human-rights oriented. So "Arakan Mujahid" name should change to "Arakan Self Defense Forces"
- insurgency support should be covert, Bangladesh govt. will officially deny any support or involvement, as always, but Bangladesh Armed forces as well as DGFI should be intimately involved
- we need to activate the Rohingya diaspora community to get involved
- the goal would not be to liberate Arakan or part of Arakan, but rather negotiate rights of citizenship in Myanmar constitution, reparation for past atrocities and return to stolen land to land owners, but if they fail to budge, the last resort is for them to carve out a de facto enclave this side of Arakan Yoma mountain range
- sanctuary has to be provided for insurgents in Bangladesh land, so they can escape when needed and sneak back in at more convenient times
- Bangladesh as a country also should gear up for war against Myanmar, just in case if they decide to attack us, as they may think that they are stronger than Bangladesh, while they could do nothing against China or Thailand, as both are much stronger than Myanmar, while we are just marginally stronger

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangla...anmar-bangladesh-relations.html#ixzz1xhrs5gAx

Nor should you tolerate bigotry. I have said many times over that I lament a lot of Burmese and their attitudes in this whole affair and a lot of people haven't painted themselves in a positive light.

However, I do think BD accepting Rohingya is the unfortunate but equitable thing to do. Atleast give them the choice of settling in BD or Myanmar. I think Thailand made a similar offer to Karens in their camps a few years ago.

Hey disguised indian, why dont india accept all indians in Malaysia, Fiji and other places in Africa. We can send even Rakhine in Bangladesh to Myanmar. But we are not indian BIGOT like yourself who are out to commit genocide against religious minority population.

As far as I remember, we never supported Rohingya insurgency wholeheartedly, it was always a confusing halfhearted effort. If Bangladesh decides to "unofficially" support Rohingya's to defend themselves against ethnic cleansing, they will go back in droves to fight for their land and existence. This is the dream come true for them and Myanmar's worst nightmare in their little racist minds. So I think your/Myanmar luck will quickly run out, the moment Bangladesh sincerely take up the Rohingya issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom