What's new

Myanmar May Have Just Bombed Chinese Territory -- Now What?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are some big demonstration in Myanmar right now? What next? Color Revolution?

The red bold one : So what should PRC do? Attack, Annex and massacre Myanmar People, just like what Washington did to Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, and Libya? Or like what happen in Donbas Ukraine?

I don't know mate ,it's up to CPC and PRC how they answer their people as it's not my voice but voice from people of China.

I would disagree. Ladakh was never ruled as a colony but as an addition in the kingdom. Moghuls too ruled India but they ruled it not as a colony but made India their home. Australia, the US, New Zealand are all occupied territories not ruled by natives but occupiers. The difference is that the occupiers never treated these territories as a colony but their own country. Thats the difference between Ladakh and Goa. If portuguese had decided to settle in Goa and rule as citizens of Goa, my argument then would be different perhaps.

What defined a chinese territory before the McMahon Line? Not long ago, just about less than a hundred year ago, the boundaries of a kingdom kept changing. People were unconcerned about it and the rulers too did not take it to their heart too much about losing a territory. It was more of a military triumph or loss and not a matter of ego. Geographycal surveys too are not a very old thing.
Nepal is a sovereign independent country. The people on southern border with India are almost the same people on the indian side in terms of race, language, culture, religion, caste etc. they are referred as Madhesis in Nepal. Similarly on Nepal's eastern border with India, there are Gorkhas on Indian side who speak Nepali and have more mongoloid features. All this happenned over a long period of history. Now it would be wrong for India to stake claim on madhesi people and land of Nepal and it would be wrong for Nepal to claim the Gorkhas of India.
If the nations decide to draw a boundary based on some long gone historical fact then there will be no end to that. One of the most sacred place for hindus is Mount Kailash and Lake Mansarovar where they believe their Lord Shiva to be residing. This place falls in Tibet, China and has no religious significance for chinese. Should India stake claim on Mount Kailash and Mansarovar Lake based on the mythology???
Sometimes, you say that MacMahon Line was drawn by the British and India inherited that in 1947 and at the same time you say that India invaded and occupied Arunachal Pradesh in 1951. And you replied to that invasion after 11 years.
We dont know what ethnic chinese in Tibet are made to believe by the authoritarian chinese govt. but we have about 100,000 refugees from Tibet who accuse China of occupying their territory and they demand chinese to withdraw from their land.

If Japan were never to attacked China in 1937, you guys will have no chance. The KMT military would have establish themselves in Tibet. PLA march into Lhasa around 1951, which is a little late.

If CPC would have unite China in 1945, basically PLA will plant her flag in South Tibet by 1947.

If Qing dynasty is strong, Francis Younghusband would lost her pants.

Count yourselves lucky.

If Japan were never to attacked China in 1937, you guys will have no chance. The KMT military would have establish themselves in Tibet. PLA march into Lhasa around 1951, which is a little late.

If CPC would have unite China in 1945, basically PLA will plant her flag in South Tibet by 1947.

If Qing dynasty is strong, Francis Younghusband would lost her pants.

Count yourselves lucky.
Ifs and buts dont change the history. There is no point feeling lucky or unlucky about what has happenned and what has not. Taiwan must be feeling lucky that it could escape communism and the same fact must be making chinese feel lucky for being otherwise.

Ifs and buts dont change the history. There is no point feeling lucky or unlucky about what has happenned and what has not. Taiwan must be feeling lucky that it could escape communism and the same fact must be making chinese feel lucky for being otherwise.

That is my feeling per se, sharing it in PDF. But China got to count themselves half-lucky as well. First, China got Mao, who is a mixture of murderer but also a army builder.

If Chinese civil war drag on until now, I would say Tibet will be like Bhutan, another India land. You guys will not be stop at S Tibet. You will have Aksai Chin, Zayu and Yadong.

Mao destroy your dreams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom