What's new

Mythological Weapons

If that was a deciding factor, would we ever have any debate on this forum? Let me do my thing. You can chill and enjoy my posts.

what is there to debate about it ?
the thread reads mythological weapons.
no piont in asking other members to give proofs for thier posts unless ure looking to debate over myths(?).

he was not invincible, but no one can kill karna with kavacha, and kundala . it was not taken by krishna , it was taken by indra father of arjuna in return indra gaved shakthi astra for karnuna which could had killed any one but it can be used only once karuna used it to kill gatotgaj son of bhima.karuna and kurava army was defeated byMatsya-army under the leader ship of arjuna before kurkshethra war .
conclusion is that no one can kill karuna with this kavacha abd kundala, but he could had been defeated , he cound had been captured .so he was not invisible

Yups it was indra not krishna who took that my mistake. :cry:

If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendour of the Mighty One…I am become Death, the Shatterer of Worlds.

Oppenheimer, J.Robert, quoting the Bhagawad Gita

Voila here starts the use of these Divyastras and Bhramastras.....:cry:

Thank god those mantras got lost....:angry:

OK i am out of this thread...... you guys carry on.... :tdown:

And i am sorry that i created this thread did not intended that Indians here fight the crap out of each other......:tdown:

what is there to debate about it ?
the thread reads mythological weapons.
no piont in asking other members to give proofs for thier posts unless ure looking to debate over myths(?).

I haven't asked for proofs for mythological weapons. Because none exist. Only when suggested that these could be recreated or the 'blueprints' used for current research. You can go back and read my posts.

I haven't asked for proofs for mythological weapons. Because none exist. Only when suggested that these could be recreated or the 'blueprints' used for current research. You can go back and read my posts.

ok u can carry on. i see no point to continue this discussion.

Does anyone know that there are evidences of radioactivity in the area of kurukshetra of India where war of Mahabharata was fought. There are still traces of radioactivity in that region....
There were three instances of use of divyastra in mahabharat...otherwise there was agreement between both warring parties regarding not using divyastra

1.arjun-karna duel
2.karna-ghatotkacha duel(when karna used amogh shakti to kill him)
3.Arjun-ashwathama duel in the end of mahabarat war.

Sudarshana Chakra

The Sudarshana Chakra (Sanskrit: सुदर्शन चक्र) is a pirouetting, disk-like super weapon with 108 serrated edges of Hindu God Vishnu. The Sudarshan Chakra is portrayed on right rear hand of the four hands of Vishnu, who also hold a Shankha (a conch shell) on right fore hand, a Gada (mace) on left rear hand, and a Padma (lotus) on left fore hand.
According to the Puranas, the use of Sudarshan Chakra is called for ultimate destruction of the enemy. The depiction of Sudarshan Chakra with Vishnu also means that Vishnu is the keeper-owner of the celestial bodies and heavens.

Within scripture

The use Sudarshana Chakra is occasionally mentioned in Hindu texts of Rigveda, Yajurveda and Puranas, as an ultimate weapon to eliminate the enemy of law, order and preservation. Such enemies are enumerated variously as rakshasas, asura, and vikrutatma. In one such instance, as scribed in the stanzas of the Mahabharat, Lord Shri Krishna, the avatar of Lord Vishnu, beheads Shishupala with the use of the Sudarshan Chakra, for his rapacious behaviour (committing 100 mistakes each worthy of death) at the Rajsuya yagna celebration of Emperor Yudhishthira. It was also used to cut mandrachal parvat for samudra manthan.
[edit]Origin of Sudarshana Chakra

According to one version, the Sudarshana chakra was made by the architect of gods, Vishvakarma.
Viswakarma's daughter Sanjana was married to Surya, the Sun God. Due to the Sun's blazing light and heat, she was unable to go near the Sun. She complained to her father about this. Viswakarma took the Sun and made him shine less so that his daughter would be able to hug the Sun. The left over Sun "dust" was collected by Viswakarma and he made three things out of it. The first one was the famous aerial vehicle Pushpaka Vimana, the second being the Trishula (Trident) of Lord Shiva, and the third was the Sudarshana Chakra of Lord Vishnu.
The chakra comprises 10 million spikes in two rows. One row of spikes moving in the opposite direction to give it a serrated edge.
It was also used to cut the Goddess Sati , consort of Lord Shiva into 51 pieces after she gave up her life in humiliation. It is said that Shiva, in grief, carried around her lifeless body and was inconsolable. The 51 parts of the Goddess' body were then tossed about in different parts of Bharatvarsha and came to be known as Shakti Peeths.
[edit]Presented to Krishna by Agni

Agni-deva (Fire God) had been suffering from a severe stomach ailment. As a remedy, Lord Brahma advised him to consume the herb-rich Khandava forest. However, Takshaka the Serpent-king and a close friend of Lord Indra , was residing there. Whenever Agni tried to consume the forest, Lord Indra’s thundershowers quickly extinguished the fire.
Once, Krishna and Arjuna arrived at this place. Appearing as a Brahmana, Agni-deva sought their help and they agreed.To fight Indra and His divine army , Agni-deva presented the divine weapon *Sudarshana Chakra* to Krishna and Gandheevam to Arjuna .
[edit]Other Names

In the Tamil Language, the Sudarshana Chakra is also known as 'Chakkrath Azhwar' (translated as Ring/Circlet of God).
The Chakri Dynasty, the current ruling house of Thailand is named after the weapon.

SudarshanChakra.jpg

Many weapons mentioned were actual weapons used in ancient times, later given mythological status. for example, Sudarshana Chakra........ can any one of you tell me the technique to throw this chakra?????
Just remember there is another form of chakra still practised by Sikhs of Punjab.

The next thing you are going to say is that the Pushpak Viman was for real.

Real or not , just the extrem concept a flying object like Pushpak Viman thousand years ago existed is amazing.

Ancient Hindu religous scriptures are full of such interesting concept e,g telepathy or teletransforation ,time travel and guided weapons systems. :)

Here is example of use of guided weapons systems in Mahabharat.
Arjuna had vowed to kill Jaidrath to avenge the killing of him Abhimanyu ,but the was a problem. Jaidrath had a blessing bestowed by father was a sage that whoever makes Jaidrath's severed head fall on the ground ,his own head would explode .
So if Arjuna cuts Jaidrath's head in the battle , his head own would explode.

Arjuna was in a fix ,so he asked for Lord Krishna help .Lord Krishna instructed him to use his guided weapon that would carry the severed head of Jaidrath to his fathers lap sitting hundreds miles away . The weapon carried to its destination of and dropped it over Jaidrath's father's lap .The old man didn't know the bloddied head was of his own son and threw it to ground .immediately his exploded as per the blessing he himself had given to his son.

Brahmadanda
It was probably a firearm, which was made hollowed out Bamboo stave, about 6 cubits long, stuffed with highly flammable material and kept ready in handy position in a chariot or on elephant.
Effect of weapon was like a flame throwers of WW1 and WW2 fame, scourging any thing that came its path.
May be used as last resort weapon when wielder came under intense attack from numerous assailants.

Indraastra Would bring about a 'shower' of arrows from the sky.

AgniastraThe weapon discharged would emit flames inextinguishable through normal means.

Varunaastra The weapon discharged would release torrential volumes of water. This weapon is commonly mentioned as used to counter the Agneyastra.

Nagaastra The weapon would have an inerring aim and take on the form of a snake, proving deadly upon impact.

Nagapaasha Upon impact, this weapon would bind the target in coils of living venomous snakes.(in the Ramayana, it was used against Lord Rama and Lakshmana by Indrajit)

VayvayaastraBring about a gale capable of lifting armies off the ground.

Suryastra Surya Create a dazzling light that would dispel any darkness about.
VajraTarget would be struck with bolts of lightning (vajra referring to Indra's thunderbolt).

Mohini Dispel any form of maya or sorcery in the vicinity.

TwashtarWhen used against a group of opponents (such as an army), would cause them to mistake each other for enemies and fight each other.

Sammohana/PramohanaWould cause entire hosts/armies to collapse in a trance.

Parvataastra Would cause a Parvata/mountain to fall on the target from the skies.

Brahmasirsha Capable of killing devas. Was used by Ashwatthama on Parikshit. It is thought that the Brahmasirsha is the evolution of the Brahmastra

NarayanaastraWould create showers of arrows and discs. The astra's power would increase with the resistance offered to it. This weapon had to be obtained from Vishnu directly, and could be used only once. If the user were to attempt invoking it a second time, it would rebound on him, and possibly, his troops.

Vaishnavaastra Would destroy target completely, irrespective of target's nature. Infallible. This weapon had to be obtained from Vishnu directly.

Are you sure these weapon was exist b/c the headline is Mythological Weapons if not then i must say 3000 B.C science fiction noval

Are you sure these weapon was exist b/c the headline is Mythological Weapons if not then i must say 3000 B.C science fiction noval

Science fiction or Mythology, nobody is stopping you from believing what you want to.

i think we shud not translate(give ideas of) our ancient scriptures and its knowledge in especially in our enemy's defence forum.

let them believe in their own story of miracles like splitting of moon as true story and let them believe tht Hinduism's history " a myth ".

World's first air battle!!India vs Sri Lanka(8900 BC)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom