What's new

Mythological Weapons

actually what u r talking about is chakra. though in sanskrit it is called chakram. sudarshan chakra was different in terms as it was formed from the sun dust along with pushpak vimana and shivas trident. it has 2 spikes rotating in opposite direction. and i guess it had some 10 million spikes if i remember correctly.
Correct and the use or the know how to use it is known only to Lord Krishna.
At the begining of war Lord Krishna vowed not to use any of his power in the war.

thouugh ashwathma could invoke brahmastra only once but he had knowledge to invoke it.
Ya he has the knowledge to invoke but not revoke....... Only Arjun has that power.
there is a temple of shiva i forgot the placename where evry morning there is a flower at the shiva idol and is said that ashwathama does that and had been going on since ages. no one actually ever found out where that flower comes there everyday.
It is in madya pradesh I think, Often called as gate way to South India I think (not Sure)

Correct and the use or the know how to use it is known only to Lord Krishna.
At the begining of war Lord Krishna vowed not to use any of his power in the war.

yups and he almost broke his vow once for love of arjuna.

though his presence itself at the arjuna rath saved arjuna .... else he was doomed. and thats why he asked arjuna to get down first before him after war and as soon as he and hanuman stepped out the ratha burned into flames.

Ya he has the knowledge to invoke but not revoke....... Only Arjun has that power.

It is in madya pradesh I think, Often called as gate way to South India I think (not Sure)

and i guess only bhisma and drona had knowledge of brhamadanda but they never used it for the sake of annihilation of universe.

even the brhamastra was never countered. because it could only be countered with another bhramastra and collison of 2 bhrmastra was too destructive

yups and he almost broke his vow once for love of arjuna.

though his presence itself at the arjuna rath saved arjuna .... else he was doomed. and thats why he asked arjuna to get down first before him after war and as soon as he and hanuman stepped out the ratha burned into flames.
I might have missed the last part, why burned into flames?

even the brhamastra was never countered. because it could only be countered with another bhramastra and collison of 2 bhrmastra was too destructive
It will lead to famine at the place where it collides(dont know exactly for how long) How similar to the nuclear bomb....

I might have missed the last part, why burned into flames?

oh well there was a custom that the king used to step down second after the sarathi. but krishna requested arjun to step down first and then he signalled hanuman to get off from flag and then he came down. as soon as he came down the rath burned because of the impact of weapons which were used on it. it was presence of krishna which was delaying the impact.

there is another incident when arjuna got pissed off with krishna for praising karna for being able to move his ratha a inch and when he himself had thrown away ratha of karna many meters away with his weapons.

It will lead to famine at the place where it collides(dont know exactly for how long) How similar to the nuclear bomb....

that was 12 years if i am not wrong. and wat u said was impact of one bhramasta. but when it was countered with another one it meant complete annihilation. thats why arjuna called back his brahmastra on ashwathama and ashwathama redirected his...

that was 12 years if i am not wrong. and wat u said was impact of one bhramasta. but when it was countered with another one it meant complete annihilation. thats why arjuna called back his brahmastra on ashwathama and ashwathama redirected his...
Hmmmm the power of mind..... Unlimited !!!!!!!

hey i am not able to find info on radioactivity in kurukshetra... i posted one link is there any more info with anyone.

lately there is a sunken city has been found near dwarka in gujrat. but there are many techinical challenges in exploration. it is interpreted it can be ancient dwarka but they have just found walls of the city

Pair of war quoits - Throwing Blades and Sticks - Object 1906.64.1 Pitt Rivers Museum

Regarding your questions about steel, it might help the rest of us to read a little. In college, 40 years ago, I read about Wootz Steel, and that led to further grubbing around, especially as my first job happened to be with a subsidiary of Tata Iron and Steel, way back in 74. But again, instead of weaving together fancy stuff, let us make things easier

In fact I had not asked any question.... but was trying to be eloquent...in phrasing my post :D

My post reproduced below:
Originally Posted by divya
Asi (Mahabharata)

Frame narrative

During the course of the sacrifice, a dreadful creature sprang from the midst of the sacrificial fires scattering flames all around. It was as though a moon had arisen in the midst of the stars. He was colored like a deep-blue lotus. His teeth were sharp and terrible, stomach lean and skinny and stature very tall and slim. He was of exceeding energy and power. ..............The 'being' I have conceived is Asi. It shall effect the destruction of the enemies of the gods and restore the Dharma (righteousness).
Upon this, the creature assumed the form of a blazing, sharp-edged sword, glowing like the flames at the end of the Kalpa (aeon).
[edit]Succession of wielders of asi

..........., dyed with the blood of the Daityas, to Vishnu.

If 2000 or 3000 years ago, any body to writ down about how to forge steel blade? how to gauge temperature? how to carbonize steel? then above description will hold true.
Color of heated metal or alloys were observed to estimate temperature........ hot blade dipped in blood(fluid having high carbon content??) to give extra strength to steel.

hey i am not able to find info on radioactivity in kurukshetra... i posted one link is there any more info with anyone.

lately there is a sunken city has been found near dwarka in gujrat. but there are many techinical challenges in exploration. it is interpreted it can be ancient dwarka but they have just found walls of the city

23000 yrs old Evidence of Dwarka city found underwater

Shri.Krishna.Dwarka.Mahabharat.underwater.Archaeology.jpg

In the photo (courtesy ASI) above, An underwater archaeologist of the ASI examines an ancient structure off the shore of Dwaraka; a circular structure on the shore at Dwaraka; fragment of an ancient structure found underwater; remains of an ancient structure in the forecourt of the Shri Dwarakadhish Mandir (temple).

another great mystery is the rasleela of mathura on janamastmi. till today no one is able to figure it out how everything which is kept in order get disturbed by morning in a temple on janamastmi. those who tried to find out either went crazy or became a crzy fan of krishna.

there is also a temple there where the parda is constantly closed and opened continuously. it is said that if u gaze in the eyes of that idol it can turn you crazy for love of krishna.

it is said parshurams axe was another most deadly weapon. but i am not able to find much info on it.he destroyed a clan of khatriyas 7 times with it. it is said that that axe was further gifted to ganesha by him after ebing saved from wrath of parvati by shiva and ganesha

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom