What's new

Myths about the Urdu language

Well, Khariboli + Arabic + Persian is a better reaction to represent it. Modern day Hindi didn't exist at the time; in fact Hindi itself was stemmed from Urdu by nationalistic Hindus and artificially inseminated with Sanskrit to get rid of Islamic influence on it after India came into being :coffee:

Yeah I know that's been taught to you in Pakistan that Hindi was stemmed from Urdu.. I can now see the very reason why people laugh at your history books and an attempt to paint everything as Islamic as possible.. :lol:

No language was developed from grammar to script, except for Hebrew (even that with lots of Arabic influence) on purpose. Most languages change and come into being eventually after centuries and millennia of changes.
Plain wrong, Learn history of languages to make some sense.. Roman, Sanskrit, Pali/Prakrit(Devnagiri) etc etc are many examples where the languages were developed grammar upto script level and then used over centuries..

Most languages you speak were also developed from Sanskrit, and Sanskrit being born in the IVC before Hinduism even became Hinduism.

Show us your proof that Sanskrit was the language of IVC. Seriously, you are making a fool out of yourself by making such wild claims..

The simple fact is in this case, that Urdu, by name and modern form, first came into being under Muslim rule times. It was the 'evil invaders' which first spoke it. Even today, the majority of words of Urdu are actually of Arabic and Persian origin. That is, if you're so bent on playing the mathematical game, 1/3 of 'Hindu' origin and 2/3 of Muslim.
Point is there nothing Muslim/Islamic about the langauage.. Persian soldiers met Hindi speaking ones and they picked up the local language to interact with locals.. neither of the languages had Muslim origin to begin with.. About evil invaders, they were evil because they converted all the weak hearts in the land of Pakistan, ravaged their cities, raped their women.. so I agree with you that they were evil barbarians.. But in any case, Hindus in India speak Hindi from which Urdu originated from.. I am just fighting for 60 million Urdu speaking Muslims in India.. They are the rightful owners of the language than the Punjabis/Sindhis etc..

As far as Pakistan goes, we chose the language to become our national tongue because it has been the cultural language for Muslims for centuries, Whether most Muslims spoke it or not. Don't forget Pakistan was, after all created for Muslims, not 'Punjabis' 'Sindhis and whatever else.' It's like Arabic, most Muslims value it be they Arab or not.

Muslims in Bengal used to speak Bengali, Muslims in Punjab used to speak Punjabi, Muslims in Sindh used to speak Sindhi, Muslims in Balochistan used to speak Baloch, Muslims in Fata used to to speak Pashto.. so who are these majority of Muslims who used to speak Urdu exactly?? Definitely Jinnah and his team and the people who migrated from India.. and you made the language of migrated people your national language.. That's so funny.. What was wrong with the languages of land like Punjabi, Sindhi, Pashto etc etc??

What what is that supposed to mean? Fact is, now they're Muslim and that's all that matters

Just an attempt to tell you the roots.. Anyways, it doesn't matter to me much as well..

Hindi has been artificially inseminated with Sanskrit. In reality, there's several languages (and generations) between Sanskrit and Hindi. Also, I never claimed to speak Hindi or Sanskrit, you weirdo.

hindi evam sanskrit ka gehan adhyyan krne k pashchaat , aap hmse vaartalaap krne ki cheshtaa kijiyega.... it says frst go and gain knowledge about hindi and sanskrit then talk to me.... btw that was shudh hindi , the real one..... :smokin:

never in my lifetime i had ever heard such weird lies,delusions, cooked up stories and such screwed up stories..... pakistan really needs to come in terms with the reality

Never heard of sanskrit was developed from IVC. Always knew it was a proto indo european lang.

I was never educated in Pakistan :coffee:

Where did Sanskrit originate? Is it still spoken?

Muslims in Bengal used to speak Bengali, Muslims in Punjab used to speak Punjabi, Muslims in Sindh used to speak Sindhi, Muslims in Balochistan used to speak Baloch, Muslims in Fata used to to speak Pashto.. so who are these majority of Muslims who used to speak Urdu exactly?? Definitely Jinnah and his team and the people who migrated from India.. and you made the language of migrated people your national language.. That's so funny.. What was wrong with the languages of land like Punjabi, Sindhi, Pashto etc etc??

Because Pakistan was created for Muslims of South Asia; and Urdu has been the cultural language of Muslims of the Subcontinent since centuries. The people credited to developing Urdu, the 'evil Muslim invaders'; are very much respected in Pakistan; unlike in India where you people have a radical-like hatred for them.

I am just fighting for 60 million Urdu speaking Muslims in India.. They are the rightful owners of the language than the Punjabis/Sindhis etc..

You're fighting for null then. We never stole the language; they still speak it, we also speak it. They patronise and love the language, and so do we, unlike a certain Hindu people.
Besides, the difference between your way of thinking is: you people only take pride in 'indigenous things' we don't care if something is indigenous or not, we just take the best ie. Islam or Urdu/Arabic :coffee:

Besides, I already told you, while the language Urdu and Arabic themselves are not "Muslim"; they are undoubtedly related to and are important in the Islamic world and not in the "non-Islamic" world.

Because Pakistan was created for Muslims of South Asia; and Urdu has been the cultural language of Muslims of the Subcontinent since centuries. The people credited to developing Urdu, the 'evil Muslim invaders'; are very much respected in Pakistan; unlike in India where you people have a radical-like hatred for them.

then its even more disturbing if u were not educated in pakistan....... seems true why the whites in uk are fed up from pakistanis..... every hindu ritual is in sanskrit and is widely recited..... all hindu prayers are in sanskrit.... script of hindi and sanskrit is same and in terms of speaking..... it is almost same

every hindu ritual is in sanskrit and is widely recited..... all hindu prayers are in sanskrit.... script of hindi and sanskrit is same and in terms of speaking..... it is almost same

And who said otherwise :rolleyes: Still doesn't change the fact Hindi borrowed it from Sanskrit after being written with the Perso-Arabic script for so long. Besides, the "Hindi" you're talking about is actually Khariboli.

then its even more disturbing if u were not educated in pakistan....... seems true why the whites in uk are fed up from pakistanis...

Go read up the history of Urdu and Hindi from a non-Indian source then :coffee:

you guys shunned "urdu" without really shunning it. no denying that urdu originated in modern-day India largely by the Mughals. but after partition u adopted "hindi" as a national language while most of your population spoke urdu. now you guys just like to call it "hindi" when it really isnt. its the same language that was used during the mughal rule and the same language that the british tried to speak-URDU! urdu scripture may be largely dead in india due to its association with islam but your pop culture, films, etc. still use the language without acknowledging it.

you guys shunned "urdu" without really shunning it. no denying that urdu originated in modern-day India largely by the Mughals. but after partition u adopted "hindi" as a national language while most of your population spoke urdu. now you guys just like to call it "hindi" when it really isnt. its the same language that was used during the mughal rule and the same language that the british tried to speak-URDU! urdu scripture may be largely dead in india due to its association with islam but your pop culture, films, etc. still use the language without acknowledging it.

hindi is not our national language..

by the way urdu is an indian language..why fight over it.

Indians neither speak pure Hindi nor speak pure Urdu. It's a mix.

But people who compare Urdu with Arabic are just insane!

Urdu is an Indo-Aryan (Indo-European) language with borrowed words from all three major Muslim languages. (Arabic, Persian and Turkic) Whereas Arabic is a sementic language like Hebrew.

It's like comparing Chinese (Sino) language with English (Indo-European) language.

most of Indian languages have sanskrit content. so, even if a Malayali or Kannadiga don't know Hindi, He will easily pick up it because of the common Sanskrutham content. It is natural to think that Sanskrit and Other Indic language words heavily make part of Hindi. Urdu is beautiful agrees. but, I don't believe Indians understands Urdu even used in Hindustani cinema.

:lol: Ask Yahoo as source.. You seriously need education buds.. The Origin of Sanskrit language is not known only thing known is it was developed by ancient Hindus..

The invaders were evil not the ones who got converted by the force of sword. Learn the basic difference.. :)

The language was developed by people of lands of India and is Indian language which is derived majorly from other Indian languages.. It has no Muslim element but it has Hindu elements, ancient Persian elements, ancient Arabic elements none of which were contributions of Muslims.. This is the main point that you need to accept..

You're fighting for null then. We never stole the language; they still speak it, we also speak it. They patronise and love the language, and so do we, unlike a certain Hindu people.
Besides, the difference between your way of thinking is: you people only take pride in 'indigenous things' we don't care if something is indigenous or not, we just take the best ie. Islam or Urdu/Arabic :coffee:
:lol: so Punjabi, Sindhi, Pashto speaking people are all dumb.. Let me clear any misconception, Urdu is just another language, mate!!

Besides, I already told you, while the language Urdu and Arabic themselves are not "Muslim"; they are undoubtedly related to and are important in the Islamic world and not in the "non-Islamic" world.

The only relation of Arabic with Muslims is that they were able to successfully convert all the Arabic speakers.. and Urdu carries a huge Hindu effect.. So it is more related to Indians the owner of the Hindu languages on which Urdu is based..

And who said otherwise :rolleyes: Still doesn't change the fact Hindi borrowed it from Sanskrit after being written with the Perso-Arabic script for so long. Besides, the "Hindi" you're talking about is actually Khariboli.

Dude, Devanagari is an age old script used to write Sanskrit, Hindi, Marathi etc. So please spare us your Pakistani knowledge..

Yeah like non-Indian Pakistani sources..

Dari is spoken in Afghanistan (somewhat same as farsi spoken in Iran)

:lol: Ask Yahoo as source.. You seriously need education buds.. The Origin of Sanskrit language is not known only thing known is it was developed by ancient Hindus..

The invaders were evil not the ones who got converted by the force of sword. Learn the basic difference.. :)

The language was developed by people of lands of India and is Indian language which is derived majorly from other Indian languages.. It has no Muslim element but it has Hindu elements, ancient Persian elements, ancient Arabic elements none of which were contributions of Muslims.. This is the main point that you need to accept..

:lol: so Punjabi, Sindhi, Pashto speaking people are all dumb.. Let me clear any misconception, Urdu is just another language, mate!!

The only relation of Arabic with Muslims is that they were able to successfully convert all the Arabic speakers.. and Urdu carries a huge Hindu effect.. So it is more related to Indians the owner of the Hindu languages on which Urdu is based..

Dude, Devanagari is an age old script used to write Sanskrit, Hindi, Marathi etc. So please spare us your Pakistani knowledge..

Yeah like non-Indian Pakistani sources..
MY FRIEND PLEASE DON'T ARGUE THEM.BECAUSE YOU KNOW THEIR SO CALLED HISTORY BOOK.

Whatever you say bro, its not going to change the fact that Urdu is an Indian language. There is a reason why Hindu and Urdu when spoken are so similar, and its because they originated in the same damn place (modern day Uttar Pradesh, India).

Its cool that you guys accepted an Indian language as your national language, just dont give everything a religious angle. The way you guys are going, next thing you know you guys will start giving religious angles to apples and oranges.

We just did, the article in the OP is written by a Pakistani writer in a Pakistani news source (Express Tribune). Perhaps you should par attention to this non-Indian source :P

Before coming to this thread, I thought it was common sense that Urdu is an Indian language. I am shocked to see that the history distortion is so much in Pakistan (as seen in this thread), that you guys actually think Urdu is Pakistani. You guys have maybe 10 million Mohajirs who speak that and actually have a claim to Urdu, while we have 160 million Indian Muslims and many other Indian Hindus/Sikhs/Christians in UP who are native to the land and the language.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom