What's new

N. Korea satellite appears dead: scientist

Actually many people in China hate North Korea. As China government is multiple times suggesting North Korea to take a reform and make a good relationship with South Korea. Every time there were improvement, another set back is happened. From all I know, mainland China have non-interfering on other country domestic affair, so they have limited choice. At least they able to convinced Myanmar and Cuba to change.
really??thats news to me :what:

This satellite was never supposed to work. It was just a payload ONLY. There will not be any working sattelite in their next few launches either. They have to optimize every thing before sending a $100 million satellite, like Gokturk 2.

Dead or not it's something up in the orbit. The South K. can do nothing but bugging the Russians for help.

P.S. Maybe also dig up the seabed to get some leftovers of the North Korea's rocket to see if they can reverse-engineer it.
What a laugh...

When Sputnik was launched, no one ever done anything like that before, and it took a global power to do it. Everyone was correct in their fear that if an artificial satellite can be nothing but a radio beacon, which Sputnik was, the technology can launch a weapon later, which actually happened. There must be a counter. So stepped up the US. In the years that followed, the US leaped ahead of the Soviets in some areas, and the Soviets got ahead of the US in some other areas. No one guided either power.

This is North Korea's Sputnik, but in this case orbital capabilities are essentially 'old news'. If South Korea wanted to achieve technical parity and even surpass the North's, as in really wanted to do it, unlike the US and Soviets who had nothing but their own successes and failures to guide them, the US can assist South Korea and in a few short years, less than the decade that the US needed to put a man on the Moon, with South Korea's superior economy and its own scientific prowess, South Korea WILL surpass North Korea in orbital launches capabilities.

No need to follow North Korea's junk. This is about finances and North Korea had to strain its already starving people to achieve a Sputnik. South Korea have nothing to be ashamed of. In my industry, semicon manufacturing, South Korea is a formidable competitor in all areas from pure science to engineering to practical applications to manufacturing and to marketing. Plenty achievements that benefited the world. China is still behind South Korea overall and North Korea: Zilch.

Kim Jong Eun doesn't care; this was an ICBM test and it was a success, that's all that matters.

This is North Korea's Sputnik, but in this case orbital capabilities are essentially 'old news'. If South Korea wanted to achieve technical parity and even surpass the North's
That's not what the ROK rocket program is for.

The ROK needs to launch "sensitive" and "classified" satellites at home instead of launching them through foreign launch service providers, and that's all that is asked of in the ROK.

the US can assist South Korea and in a few short years
The US is blocking the ROK rocket program, not helping it.

Without the US interference, the solid fuel rocket would have been operational in the early 2000s(Already reached an altitude of 150 km in 1995), or an O2/kerosene rocket with the Russian RD180 engine that the US uses for its own rockets by now. The US has been interfering with the ROK's rocket program ever since the nuclear weapons program. When Korea was ready to built its orbital solid fuel rocket, the US blocked it citing the provisions of the ballistic missile accord. When Korea switched to O2/Kerosene liquid fueled rocket with Russian RD180 engine to comply with the accord, the US then pressured Russia to not sell the RD180 engine to Korea and arrested the engine broker who arranged the deal.

Now the only option left is the clustering of the local O2/Kerosene engine from the second stage(The US cannot stop this rocket configuration), but the ROK now has to develop the engine cluster controlling technology that they did not anticipate.

That's not what the ROK rocket program is for.

The ROK needs to launch "sensitive" and "classified" satellites at home instead of launching them through foreign launch service providers, and that's all that is asked of in the ROK.

The US is blocking the ROK rocket program, not helping it.

Without the US interference, the solid fuel rocket would have been operational in the early 2000s(Already reached an altitude of 150 km in 1995), or an O2/kerosene rocket with the Russian RD180 engine that the US uses for its own rockets by now. The US has been interfering with the ROK's rocket program ever since the nuclear weapons program. When Korea was ready to built its orbital solid fuel rocket, the US blocked it citing the provisions of the ballistic missile accord. When Korea switched to O2/Kerosene liquid fueled rocket with Russian RD180 engine to comply with the accord, the US then pressured Russia to not sell the RD180 engine to Korea and arrested the engine broker who arranged the deal.

Now the only option left is the clustering of the local O2/Kerosene engine from the second stage(The US cannot stop this rocket configuration), but the ROK now has to develop the engine cluster controlling technology that they did not anticipate.
That is not my point. Nor even it is the Chinese's point. This is about South Korea's somehow inherent incapability of building a working space program. Retarding South Korea's rocket program in the interests of keeping a nuclear peace is not keeping South Koreans stupid. Do not fall into this trap. I have been to South Korea, in and out of my military service. I know what your people can do.

Article written by a bunch of ignorant 'experts'. The reason why N-K launched that satellite wasn't to bring a satellite into orbit, but just to see all three stages of their rocket work, to show that the rocket could carry its payload a long distance.

Article written by a bunch of ignorant 'experts'. The reason why N-K launched that satellite wasn't to bring a satellite into orbit, but just to see all three stages of their rocket work, to show that the rocket could carry its payload a long distance.
I don't agree with that. Coz if what you are saying is true then it may be a dummy satellite. I highly doubt that.

But I think we can't be sure of anything.

they have their rockets helped by the chinese , but chinese dont want to give them all, the kim3 is a random guy going to be hard to control

I don't agree with that. Coz if what you are saying is true then it may be a dummy satellite. I highly doubt that.

But I think we can't be sure of anything.

Think logically. Why would they want to send a satellite into orbit? The only reason why they launched this missile, is because they want to test their ballistic missile technology.

Think logically. Why would they want to send a satellite into orbit? The only reason why they launched this missile, is because they want to test their ballistic missile technology.
Buddy, like I said we can't be certain. its all up to your and my discretion.

You may be right though.

Buddy, like I said we can't be certain. its all up to your and my discretion.

You may be right though.

We can and are certain. The North Koreans would not risk additional sanctions for that prehistoric abomination of a satellite. They would however risk further sanctions in exchange for a chance to be able to strike USA proper.

I remember that game, it was way to short. :cheesy:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom