What's new

Narendra Modi is BJP PM candidate, hints Gen Secy

It seems definition of secular has been distorted and word "secular" in India merely a minority vote bank politics and congress is biggest culprit.

Minority people are as much Indian citizens as the majority.

And of course, "India is a secular country as per the declaration in the Preamble to the Indian Constitution."

The day Indian majority drop this word from the Preamble will be the day of

Minority people are as much Indian citizens as the majority.

And of course, "India is a secular country as per the declaration in the Preamble to the Indian Constitution."

The day Indian majority drop this word from the Preamble will be the day of

So why every one is not treated equally? Why do we have different rules and laws for different religions? Why Congress is always opposed to never ending uniform civil code? Why are the advocating reservation based on regions/ cast not by financial conditions?

I have respect for some of the congress past and current leader but as a party now there are merely a bunch of opportunists politician like other and in some cases worst than other parties.

So why every one is not treated equally? Why do we have different rules and laws for different religions? Why Congress is always opposed to never ending uniform civil code? Why are the advocating reservation based on regions/ cast not by financial conditions?

I have respect for some of the congress past and current leader but as a party now there are merely a bunch of opportunists politician like other and in some cases worst than other parties.

Such treatments are no less relevant than secularism itself.

Such treatments are no less relevant than secularism itself.

Such treatments are motivated by vote bank politics. Not doing any good by creating rifts between people of different sects.

@seiko ! What are you talking about ?

NaMO has erased more temples then any other CM combined because their locations were hampering the smooth development of the process..

Last edited by a moderator:
i am divided over Modi, i believe he is a better candidate than Rahul and Manmohan or anybody congress has to offer but being a christian his election to PM might result in right wing Hindu groups becoming emboldened against us and other religious minorities.

Sigh ... what about all those Christian youth who attacked their own Churches in order to incite hatred against Hindus among Christians? (Mangalore Weeds within - Seven Arrested for Damaging Church Property)

As regards Modi, take a look at how genuine Indian Christians relate to him -

Shri Narendra Modi inaugurates the National Consultation of YMCA Brand Building in Ahmedabad - YouTube

All I hear is that you're saying BJP folks are hypocritical about their support to and from religious parties.

A clean party would divorce themselves from them. Why doesn't Modi say F YOU to the parivar and bring forward his nationalist agenda. As long as he calls himself a part of them he's guilty of all the nonsense they do too.

I was just giving an idea about Indian political landscape. These guys cant leave their support base, but BJP is not dependent on them to win election. BJP started as their offshoot, but has come a long way since.
Why would they divorce themselves from their vote banks, will congress divorce from muslim votebank or BSP from dalit vote bank. You capture new territory, but dont lose your own.

Ram temple issue has been milked to the fullest by master strategist Advani. Before that, it was bofors deal. Previous election was about governance. The next election is going to be about corruption (again)

I have to agree with Awesome here.. If BJP comes to power, they will give a license to radicals like those in the video to do any thing in India.. We have to keep those radicals out of main stream irrespective of religion..

Well I dont feel so. I think Modi/BJP will focus on development of India economically, something which the Congress has miserably failed in the last few years...

Sigh ... what about all those Christian youth who attacked their own Churches in order to incite hatred against Hindus among Christians? (Mangalore Weeds within - Seven Arrested for Damaging Church Property)

As regards Modi, take a look at how genuine Indian Christians relate to him -

Shri Narendra Modi inaugurates the National Consultation of YMCA Brand Building in Ahmedabad - YouTube

i have been a subscriber to his YouTube channel for a while and have watched quite a few of his speeches, as i said i am supportive of PM candidature.
but fearful of its consequences, we Christians a too few to pose a threat to anybody.

i have been a subscriber to his YouTube channel for a while and have watched quite a few of his speeches, as i said i am supportive of PM candidature.
but fearful of its consequences, we Christians a too few to pose a threat to anybody.

oh please NaMo will be the last person to divide India on communal basis & i have full confidence in Indian civil society they will not let these religious Nutjobs to hurt minorities in India
Have faith in the country dude
NaMo may not be the best but he is the best option we have if we are to survive as a nation

PS don't believe the Kongressi propaganda against him

Well I dont feel so. I think Modi/BJP will focus on development of India economically, something which the Congress has miserably failed in the last few years...

BJP wont be able to come into power alone.. Most of the main developmental reforms that Modi done in Gujrat cannot be repeat here because NDA allies will clip his wings in this.. But radical organizations will gain strength.. rather than getting development, we are going to have a socially and religiously divided country in our hand..

@seiko ! What are you talking about ?

NaMO has erased more temples then any other CM combined because their locations were hampering the smooth development of the process..

He was the CM when some of muslims also erased from the earth.. But I am not going to put the blame on him only.. Just because he destroyed some temples does not make him a secular person. And I am not talking about him only.. There are plenty of right wing people in BJP who will give support to what ever stupidity done by radical organizations like Ram Sena and Bajrangdal..

He was the CM when some of muslims also erased from the earth.. But I am not going to put the blame on him only.. Just because he destroyed some temples does not make him a secular person. And I am not talking about him only.. There are plenty of right wing people in BJP who will give support to what ever stupidity done by radical organizations like Ram Sena and Bajrangdal..

I AM NOT GOING TO TRY HARD CONVINCING YOU.. but I would only tell you some facts ! During the last elections, the bajrang Dal and other dumbass groups actually campaigned against many candidates fielded by modi cause it seems MODI was not supportive of their movement ! Anyways, make informed decisions rather than decisions out of fear !

oh please NaMo will be the last person to divide India on communal basis & i have full confidence in Indian civil society they will not let these religious Nutjobs to hurt minorities in India
Have faith in the country dude
NaMo may not be the best but he is the best option we have if we are to survive as a nation

PS don't believe the Kongressi propaganda against him

again let me stress that NaMo is not the problem. its people and groups that see his election as a ticket to persecute religious minorities.
i am sure NaMo is secular but there are people in other parts of the country who are affiliated to the BJP or other Hindu extremist groups that might get emboldened as a consequence of his election.

btw if i was to vote, then my vote would be for Narendra Modi.

Back
Top Bottom