What's new

Nauman Ali & Nauman Akram Went Hunting Together For Five Hours

Windjammer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
1626110749452.png

Recently Group Captain Nauman Ali Khan, shooter of Abhinandan’s MiG-21and a National hero, recently visited Nauman Akram's (Shaheed) family. The details were shared by Nauman Akram's brother Salman Akram.

''A down to the earth person. Very good buddy of my brother…Shared stories of the countless hours both of them spent together in air and on the ground. Mentioned again that no one matched the professionalism of my brother. On the night following the 27th Feb 2019 op they flew together in one F-16 for 5 hours.''

View attachment 761698

Recently Group Captain Nauman Ali Khan, shooter of Abhinandan’s MiG-21and a National hero, recently visited Nauman Akram's (Shaheed) family. The details were shared by Nauman Akram's brother Salman Akram.

''A down to the earth person. Very good buddy of my brother…Shared stories of the countless hours both of them spent together in air and on the ground. Mentioned again that no one matched the professionalism of my brother. On the night following the 27th Feb 2019 op they flew together in one F-16 for 5 hours.''
A single, unrefueled sortie in an F-16 is unlikely to last for 5 hours.

Will be interesting to find out the endurance period during patrol with Three Drop Tanks and Two CFTs.
Two CFT's would automatically indicate Block 52's of the No. 5 Squadron (Falcons).

Wg Cdr. (Shaheed) Nauman Akram was OC of No. 9 Squadron. In that event he'd be GIBS on a Block 52.

Incentive rides aren't known in the PAF (to my knowledge) unless its for high ranking officials (Military and/or Politicians).

Suna hai koi Bhuj: pride of India bhi movie aarihi hai … aur devgan bhi hai uss mein aur disney produce bhi kar raha hai.. bada maja aya ga jab bharati viman koi 200 Sabre girayin ge aur bhaktoray khusi ke maray apni sookhi si tangon walay patiala pajamay geelay kar jayien ge.

Suna hai koi Bhuj: pride of India bhi movie aarihi hai … aur devgan bhi hai uss mein aur disney produce bhi kar raha hai.. bada maja aya ga jab bharati viman koi 200 Sabre girayin ge aur bhaktoray khusi ke maray apni sookhi si tangon walay patiala pajamay geelay kar jayien ge.

Yeh hai Bhuj...
1626149285129.png

Yeh hai Dharti ka Bhujh ;)
1626149317820.png

A single, unrefueled sortie in an F-16 is unlikely to last for 5 hours.
Will be interesting to find out the endurance period during patrol with Three Drop Tanks and Two CFTs.
You can do that with tanks and CFTs and the right alititude

A viper's combat radius with no IFR, CFT's, 1 center-line 300g tank, and Twin 600g tanks is +/-1,000NM.

On cap duty, with only a Fox 2 + Fox 3 load out, quiet possible?

@SQ8 @Raider 21 @The Eagle @LeGenD Could you gents pls give your input?

Note:
1) g = US Gallon
2) NM - Nautical Miles

A viper's combat radius with no IFR, CFT's, 1 center-line 300g tank, and Twin 600g tanks is +/-1,000NM.

On cap duty, with only a Fox 2 + Fox 3 load out, quiet possible?

@SQ8 @Raider 21 @The Eagle @LeGenD Could you gents pls give your input?

Note:
1) g = US Gallon
2) NM - Nautical Miles

If I am not wrong, per my limited knowledge, 2 CFTs and one (max size) centerline drop tank; these boys can fly with couple of Fox 2 & Fox 3 on CAP especially. @SQ8 can confirm at-least without going into specific given Op Sec. Though he is busy with some Indian script practice lol.

@Raider 21 as you may like to comment.

The numbers (hours) may vary given the civilian aspect and also, a message to deliver.

Last edited:
Assalamoallaikum,

Salman Akram here, bro of Wg Cdr Nauman Akram Shaheed. Someone shared with me this link so I thought it appropriate to comment on the concern about 5 hrs flight…Yes he said it was around 4-5 hrs, not because of any incentive but the official intent was to prolong it as much as possible (cant share reasons). Of course I dont know the technical details but I am sure the guy who said it, knew that n did it. :)

thanks for the kind words! Whole family is proud of bhai. Alhamdulillah he got highest ranks in the hereafter and extreme honor in this world too.

F-16's internal fuel capacity is 7000 lb, two wings and one centerline makes it 14000. The minimum fuel consumption on CAPS or endurance mission varies between 3500-4500 lb per hour. So max flying time is 3 to 3.5 hours with reserves and IFR. 5 hours will only make sense if you count in taxi and debrief

Assalamoallaikum,

Salman Akram here, bro of Wg Cdr Nauman Akram Shaheed. Someone shared with me this link so I thought it appropriate to comment on the concern about 5 hrs flight…Yes he said it was around 4-5 hrs, not because of any incentive but the official intent was to prolong it as much as possible (cant share reasons). Of course I dont know the technical details but I am sure the guy who said it, knew that n did it. :)

thanks for the kind words! Whole family is proud of bhai. Alhamdulillah he got highest ranks in the hereafter and extreme honor in this world too.
Walikum Asalam,
Nice of you to join us here, we all are indeed proud of W/C Nauman Akram (Shaheed) and also very sad of his departure. I was lucky to have spoken to him albeit inadvertently, a couple of times. We indeed lost a true gem. A young member of my family while visiting Pakistan last year, paid personal tribute to the Shaheed where his aircraft came down. Hope some day you can share with us your fond memories of your dear brother.

1626292938903.png

Back
Top Bottom