What's new

Navy to buy seven submarines

Pakistan should go for the Chineses subs as CHINA is the ONLY POSSIBLE SELLER we have.

Nobody in the western world likes us anyway.

Whether they like it or not, we have proved our worth to the world by engaging forces on the western front and in Afghanistan. The NATO generals know that and the fact that we can even talk of high equipment with them is itself a big gain.

I am sure PN will not buy all 7 Subs from same country. There is no way that Pakistan will be operating 10 Subs by the middle of the decade without any Chinese Subs in them. We should go for the YUAN and SONG class SSKs. I don't see how the Paper Marlin can be better than them. Not to mention the countless options of upgrades and weapons we will have from China in the future. What if we get French Subs but the crazy Sarkozy government says No to torpedoes or other weapons suite? Obviously we cannot sail the boats without proper weapons and systems.

China is the only way to go, next only to Germans maybe. I wish Zardari was to drop dead or something, so the Germans can peacefully build our boats.

Arghhhhhhh........Zardari!

Mr. 10% should not make decisions or even interfere in military procurements as he doesn't even kno the "ABCD.."of military!

i kno he's the president(though i never accepted it) but he knos nothing about military...he just look for $$$ thats why he haulted the u boats deal for a "better offer" from france!
remember same thing happened with agosta 90B.....he made lots of money from that deal!
http://www.haqeeqat.org/2009/06/29/...ari-government-from-buying-german-submarines/

Why is India running a Sub they did get it too we will get it too

India pooled in $650 million for the submarine’s construction in Russia. India will now take the nuclear submarine on a 10-year lease from Russia.

Do you think it is feasible for pakistan to pay around that much to lease one .............

India pooled in $650 million for the submarine’s construction in Russia. India will now take the nuclear submarine on a 10-year lease from Russia.

Do you think it is feasible for pakistan to pay around that much to lease one .............

Why would PN want to? Their needs are very different than those of the IN, and AIP-equipped conventional subs will do just fine, at a fraction of the cost.

This isn't just my opinion, but something that may be a little more than the usual from me (if you know what I mean):

Naval acquisitions are a longer-term affair compared to fighter aircraft and tanks, and generally speaking, more expensive. Like its sister organizations, the PN is now diverting most of its funds into new(er)-generation programmes that are currently in the development phase, such as MILGEM & TF-2000 - i.e. Turkish. Similarly, the U-214 SSK may also be tied in to Turkish development (so that PN can get an even more advanced electronics, sensor, & command-control package than current U214). In any case, no Turkish system - except further MRTP, FACs, and OPVs - will be entering PN from 2010-2019...all of these programs are post-2020.

The remaining funds will likely go into Chinese systems such as the Yuan SSK and Type-054A...these alongside Agosta-90B and used-OHPs will form the 'minimum deterrence' capacity necessary. However, after 2020, things will really start to roll in terms of fleet advancement and expansion...by 2030-2035 it is hoped that the PN will be a power. In any case, funding is a major issue of concern for even that period of time...

i think atleast 2 nuke subs pakistan should have in its inventory so it gives PN go nuke tooo and with this capability i think indian AC which tilll now feeling safe will have fear of being killed too and indian alll sea ports too in major scrutiney

I am of the opinion , that Pakistan should have been making Agosta Subs

We should be making 12 Agosta Subs in our own local facilities since we have the TOT fro the subs. It would be beneficial to have these 12 subs as defensive line while the other subs we are aquiring would serve as more strategic front line operations in enemy waters.

Meanwhile , its logicaly to pay other shipyards to develiver to us
7 More subs for our Naval defence needs.

a) Merlin
b) Chinese Subs
c) U214

Agosta's operational range is well suited for ambitions of 3-4 weeks of operation at sea near our shores

Why we have not produced Agosta even after having the TOT beats me completely .....:disagree:

We need 12 Agosta to be in our possesion , and we compliment that with 7 adance subs for more of striking role vs Ships or carriers

While other nations have 70-90 subs we have a mere 2 subs , and 2-3 tiny subs

>Ideally - we should be making Agosta 3 more agostas by 2015 , and 3 more by 2018

Mean while if we plan it right we could also get other subs 3 made by different countries

So we get the shipment by 2015

We should be making 12 Agosta Subs in our own local facilities since we have the TOT fro the subs. It would be beneficial to have these 12 subs as defensive line while the other subs we are aquiring would serve as more strategic front line operations in enemy waters.

a) Merlin
b) Chinese Subs
c) U214

Agosta's operational range is well suited for ambitions of 3-4 weeks of operation at sea near our shores

Why we have not produced Agosta even after having the TOT beats me completely .....:disagree:

We need 12 Agosta to be in our possesion , and we compliment that with 7 adance subs for more of striking role vs Ships or carriers

>Ideally - we should be making Agosta 3 more agostas by 2015 , and 3 more by 2018

Mean while if we plan it right we could also get other subs 3 made by different countries

This wishlist will not suit Pakistan at all. Firstly, 8 more Agostas will likely cost well over $1billion, which is too much, considering the amount the navy will likely have to spend to maintain all the other ships and train crews. If they build 8 more Agostas and buy nothing new, then our budget can probably manage it, but we can't buy & build so much. Only one of the above can likely be done at the same time.

Also, people need to realise that once you purchase a sub, that's not the end of the deal. You need to spend millions each year to maintain them, which added to the costs of purchasing new subs and upgrading the old ones, along with the surface fleet, is too expensive and with our defence budget, we cannot afford it. The 7 new subs is a large enough number already. I believe Agostas will likely be outdated tech within the next 10-15 years, so any new ones will be a waste. There's no point in making a wishlist we can't afford. Only the 7 new subs and no more Agostas are enough.

btw, as for those with 70-90 subs (i.e. the US and China), compare their economies and defence budgets with ours. I'm sure you'll see how they got so many and managed to keep them.

i will go for 3 german 2 chinese and 2 nuke subs willl be enough which can gurantee us a balance of power in seas too

a) Merlin
b) Chinese Subs
c) U214

well in that case or going by your wish list india should order ~30 new subs...

just acquiring new things are not enough...its the maintenance which burns deep hole in the pocket sir..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom