What's new

Nawaz Sharif - Osama Bin Laden meetings

PeacefulIndian

Reaction score
'Sharif met Osama, used his funds in anti-Benazir plot' - Pakistan - World - The Times of India

LAHORE: In a stunning disclosure that once again confirmed the nexus between Pakistan's Inter Services Intelligence and banned militant outfits, a former ISI official, Khalid Khwaja, has claimed that he arranged at least five meetings between former prime minister Nawaz Sharif and al-Qaida chief Osama bin Laden.

In an interview with a private television channel, Khwaja said Sharif has met several Islamic movement leaders around the world, including Osama and asked him to provide fund for 'development projects'.
Khwaja revealed that he had arranged three meetings between Sharif and Osama in Saudi Arabia. "Nawaz (Sharif) insisted that I arrange a direct meeting with Osama, which I did in Saudi Arabia. Nawaz was looking for a 500 million rupees grant from Osama. Although Osama provided a smaller sum... he secured for Nawaz a meeting with the Saudi royal family," Khwaja told the Daily Times.

He also claimed that Osama bin Laden had provided him funds to hand over to the incumbent Punjab chief minister to overthrow Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto's government.

"I still remember that Osama provided me funds that I handed over to then Punjab chief minister Nawaz to topple Benazir Bhutto's government," Khwaja said.

Khwaja claimed that he maintained a close relationship between Osama bin Laden, as after being 'forced' to retire he went to Afghanistan in 1987 and fought against the Soviet troops "alongside Osama".

Khwaja had in February successfully petitioned the Lahore high court to bar the government from extraditing five Afghan militant leaders captured in the country, including Taliban No. 2 Mullah Baradar, to neighbouring Afghanistan.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Ex-ISI official says he arranged 5 meetings between Nawaz, Osama

LAHORE: Former Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) official Khalid Khawaja has claimed that he arranged five meetings in the past between former prime minister Nawaz Sharif and al Qaeda chief Osama Bin Laden on separate occasions.

In a recent interview with a private TV channel, Khawaja said Nawaz asked the al Qaeda chief to provide financial support for “development projects”.

“I still remember that Osama provided me funds that I handed over to then Punjab chief minister Nawaz to topple Benazir Bhutto’s government,” said Khawaja, adding that Nawaz met Osama thrice in Saudi Arabia alone. “Nawaz insisted that I arrange a direct meeting with Osama, which I did in Saudi Arabia,” he said. “Nawaz was looking for a Rs 500 million grant from Osama. Although Osama provided a comparatively smaller sum ... he secured for Nawaz a meeting with the Saudi royal family.”

The former ISI official also claimed that Nawaz had met leaders of Islamic movements around the world.

Khawaja said following a “forced retirement”, he went straight to Afghanistan in 1987 and fought against the Soviet forces alongside Osama. daily times monitor

^^^

What is new in this apart from the name of NS. We know Pakistani state has relation with some of the "distinguished" organizations.

well i have questions

1 where is osama???

2 is USA is getting fail or the policy changed as president change

USA president has a soft corner for Muslim is is right for USA future ?

I think this will be used to end the sharif family once and for all. Its in the best interest of Pakistan that such tripe is removed from our land and sight.

Questions for Mr saint khuwaja "the whistle blower" why was he quiet all this time ? Why speak the truth if it is now ?

^^^

What is new in this apart from the name of NS. We know Pakistani state has relation with some of the "distinguished" organizations.

Plenty to think about here. An ex-PM of Pakistan, directly meeting the most dreaded terrorist of modern era, that too 5 times. Seeking his help to overthrow BB's government. Might give a clue about her assassination too.

And this piece strikes me the most -

Khwaja had in February successfully petitioned the Lahore high court to bar the government from extraditing five Afghan militant leaders captured in the country, including Taliban No. 2 Mullah Baradar, to neighbouring Afghanistan.

Why is Khwaja so reluctant to extradite Taliban leaders? Does he fear that they may spill far too many beans, which may ultimately result in ISI's popularity going down the drain in Pakistan?

Plenty to think about here. An ex-PM of Pakistan, directly meeting the most dreaded terrorist of modern era, that too 5 times. Seeking his help to overthrow BB's government. Might give a clue about her assassination too.
OBL had not attacked 911 then, nor was he that high on the US radar.

His reputation in our region was mostly as a Mujahid and financier of the Mujahideen (especially against the Soviets), so while unusual, Sharif meeting with OBL was not a crime.

Why is Khwaja so reluctant to extradite Taliban leaders? Does he fear that they may spill far too many beans, which may ultimately result in ISI's popularity going down the drain in Pakistan?
The treatment of detainees by the US has not gotten good press in the Muslim world. The atrocious treatment by the Afghans of detainees is not just bad press ...

And given that these leaders were high up the Taliban ladder, it is likely that they have info related to the ISI's dealings with the Taliban before the US invasion. Assuming the ISI/PA is backing KK's petitions, why should they not do so to prevent classified information from being revealed? At the time the Taliban were not a terrorist organization after all.

We know Pakistani state has relation with some of the "distinguished" organizations.
So did your newly found love, the Americans:

f57862220ff9c187f0ba1bb6fc854090.jpg

267e9de9f02496d802c29f4625f5ffb5.jpg

c716e944d711fa488feb2ada1e65326f.jpg

1947e6722e276547b1b38ccec32202d3.jpg

Richard J. Kerr, the Deputy Director of CIA at that time, meeting with Gulbuddin Hekmatyar.

56802acacb6f0f6e3d78db67d95deebe.jpg

Even Hollywood was not far behind....

Last edited:
Our political govts. have always used state machinery for their personal gains and this has always benifited RAW who kept slipping exlosives and operatives in Pakistan.

No doubt 90's was a lost decade.

OBL had not attacked 911 then, nor was he that high on the US radar.

His reputation in our region was mostly as a Mujahid and financier of the Mujahideen (especially against the Soviets), so while unusual, Sharif meeting with OBL was not a crime.

QUOTE]

Fair point OBL at that time didnt attack US nor he was a threat

Questions for Mr saint khuwaja "the whistle blower" why was he quiet all this time ? Why speak the truth if it is now ?

Because mr khawaja was getting some bones thrown infront of him and now it has stopped so its the time to have a "Dikaar".

well i have questions

1 where is osama???

2 is USA is getting fail or the policy changed as president change

USA president has a soft corner for Muslim is is right for USA future ?

1- If any one knew it than he should better get the reward money by helping the authorities...instead of acting stupid and answering your question.

2- US has been failing in Afghanistan all the time and this is first time they are winning.
Pakistan has handed over almost 95% of wanted terrorists US.
If US deliver us most advance helis and drones than we can get the remaining 5% also and US army can go home victorious.

US drones which have killed more civilians than terrorists are the policy of very same Obama but you may have your own experiences.

LAHORE: In a stunning disclosure that once again confirmed the nexus between Pakistan's Inter Services Intelligence and banned militant outfits,

lol Indian press has to throw in their ingredients in the mix. Beating the same drum over and over and over..... I'm sure they don't get tired of it as subscriber of belief that if you scream about something over and over it might just be taken serious.

Back
Top Bottom