Nawaz wants to get rid of ladla tag ahead of polls

HAIDER

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Zulqernain Tahir Published November 12, 2023 Updated 2 days ago

Nawaz Sharif waves to the crowd, alongside his daughter Maryam and brother Shehbaz, upon his arrival at the Minar-i-Pakistan rally on Saturday.—Murtaza Ali / White Star

Nawaz Sharif waves to the crowd, alongside his daughter Maryam and brother Shehbaz, upon his arrival at the Minar-i-Pakistan rally on Saturday.—Murtaza Ali / White Star
LISTEN TO ARTICLE1x1.2x1.5x
LAHORE: PML-N supremo Nawaz Sharif, apparently perturbed at being tagged by his opponents as ladla (blue-eyed) and his party a ‘favourite’ of the military establishment, asked party’s new manifesto committee to address this matter while finalising it later this month.
On the other hand, PML-N has defended its current equation with the powers that be, wondering why such a question is being raised now when the party had never been provided a level playing field in elections.
“Nawaz Sharif is upset over the impression created by the PPP and PTI that he is a [new] blue-eyed of the military establishment and is set to return to power after getting a clean chit from courts in the cases he was convicted and disqualified,” a party insider told Dawn on Saturday.
He said Mr Sharif had directed the party’s new manifesto committee comprising over 40 members to come up with a narrative to counter this impression of being the “establishment’s party and the ladla tag”.
“The elder Sharif is keen to dilute this impression ahead of Feb 8 polls,” he added.
The PML-N on Saturday also formed 30 sub-committees, asking them to provide recommendations by Nov 20 for devising a new manifesto that could appeal to the masses.
PPP Chairman Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari recently launched a scathing criticism of the Sharifs, accusing them of abandoning their vote ko izzat do narrative and being in cahoots with “selectors” — a term the PML-N used to refer to the establishment for supporting former PM Imran Khan during his tenure — to regain power.

He even called the PML-N a “king’s party” saying as far as the politics of selection and ladla were concerned, “I think we still have to struggle more so that this tradition of selection and choosing blue-eyed [politicians] comes to an end.”
PML-N Punjab president Rana Sanaullah defended his party vis-a-vis the establishment’s backing.
“I wonder why there is a talk of facilitation [provided to the PML-N by the establishment]. Be it election during the Musharraf regime or 2018, the PML-N always faced tough situation — denial of level playing field,” Mr Sanaullah told a presser on Saturday.
“If today we are not facing that situation, it is being said that facilitation is being provided to us,” he wondered.
‘Nawaz’s conviction to go’
Mr Sanaullah claimed that Mr Sharif’s convictions in Al-Azizia Mills and Avenfield corruption cases would go within weeks.
“We are making efforts [to ensure] that his convictions do not stand. The court needs to rectify this injustice. In a few weeks, this process will be done, making him eligible to contest the upcoming polls,” he claimed, insisting that the PML-N vote bank was intact in Punjab and it would form governments both in the centre and the province.
He said former PML-N Punjab leaders — Mansab Dogar, Ahmad Raza Maneka, Asif Bhawa, Pir Nizamuddin Sialvi, Farooq Maneka, Majid Nawaz and Saeed Khan — have returned to the party fold.
He said PML-N would field a candidate against Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan, once an old friend of Mr Nawaz.
Published in Dawn, November 12th, 2023

Yeh ladla nahi super ladla ha. Or is super ladla ka lia poora nizaam aik Gasti Bana hua ha Jo Asim Munir jaisa dalla ka samna nach raha ha.

I see Imran Khan has passed on the tag to Nawaz Sharif

oh the irony

Last edited:

Zulqernain Tahir Published November 12, 2023 Updated 2 days ago

LISTEN TO ARTICLE1x1.2x1.5x
LAHORE: PML-N supremo Nawaz Sharif, apparently perturbed at being tagged by his opponents as ladla (blue-eyed) and his party a ‘favourite’ of the military establishment, asked party’s new manifesto committee to address this matter while finalising it later this month.
On the other hand, PML-N has defended its current equation with the powers that be, wondering why such a question is being raised now when the party had never been provided a level playing field in elections.
“Nawaz Sharif is upset over the impression created by the PPP and PTI that he is a [new] blue-eyed of the military establishment and is set to return to power after getting a clean chit from courts in the cases he was convicted and disqualified,” a party insider told Dawn on Saturday.
He said Mr Sharif had directed the party’s new manifesto committee comprising over 40 members to come up with a narrative to counter this impression of being the “establishment’s party and the ladla tag”.
“The elder Sharif is keen to dilute this impression ahead of Feb 8 polls,” he added.
The PML-N on Saturday also formed 30 sub-committees, asking them to provide recommendations by Nov 20 for devising a new manifesto that could appeal to the masses.
PPP Chairman Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari recently launched a scathing criticism of the Sharifs, accusing them of abandoning their vote ko izzat do narrative and being in cahoots with “selectors” — a term the PML-N used to refer to the establishment for supporting former PM Imran Khan during his tenure — to regain power.

He even called the PML-N a “king’s party” saying as far as the politics of selection and ladla were concerned, “I think we still have to struggle more so that this tradition of selection and choosing blue-eyed [politicians] comes to an end.”
PML-N Punjab president Rana Sanaullah defended his party vis-a-vis the establishment’s backing.
“I wonder why there is a talk of facilitation [provided to the PML-N by the establishment]. Be it election during the Musharraf regime or 2018, the PML-N always faced tough situation — denial of level playing field,” Mr Sanaullah told a presser on Saturday.
“If today we are not facing that situation, it is being said that facilitation is being provided to us,” he wondered.
‘Nawaz’s conviction to go’
Mr Sanaullah claimed that Mr Sharif’s convictions in Al-Azizia Mills and Avenfield corruption cases would go within weeks.
“We are making efforts [to ensure] that his convictions do not stand. The court needs to rectify this injustice. In a few weeks, this process will be done, making him eligible to contest the upcoming polls,” he claimed, insisting that the PML-N vote bank was intact in Punjab and it would form governments both in the centre and the province.
He said former PML-N Punjab leaders — Mansab Dogar, Ahmad Raza Maneka, Asif Bhawa, Pir Nizamuddin Sialvi, Farooq Maneka, Majid Nawaz and Saeed Khan — have returned to the party fold.
He said PML-N would field a candidate against Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan, once an old friend of Mr Nawaz.
Published in Dawn, November 12th, 2023
ppp & pmln both are ladle parties & these both parties are the biggest corruption & criminals mafias of whole Pakistan...

the sad fact of the matter is that, if suddenly the fauj starts supporting PTI, these very PTI fanboy members will again start loving them, and everything will be forgotten.
And the noonis will then again start the "vote ko izzat do"
To be honest, I don’t think it will happen.

There would be die hard IK fans who would support the establishment, but majority of the Pakistanis will show a middle finger.

The rapist be like I wanna rape you please its good for you.

the sad fact of the matter is that, if suddenly the fauj starts supporting PTI, these very PTI fanboy members will again start loving them, and everything will be forgotten.
Nah we're done with the fauj bruh. They can put Khans balls all the way down their windpipe, wont change a thing.

He is right

He is ladla super pro max. Not just ladla

He deserves to be called with right titles

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom