What's new

Nawaz's irrational comment

Problem with Pakistanis is that they never learn from the history...Do you think after living in exile in KSA he has been "PURIFIED". Saying that he is a "changed man" would be something PPP would be chating about Zardari after 5 years and thus the cycle will continue until they die and their kids take over.

do you think after become a test tube politician IK is also purified from his PLAYBOY, ZANI, Dictator mentality? Bulls eye from NS they are emotional.

BLbrHa9CYAIjwu3.jpg

do you think after become a test tube politician IK is also purified from his PLAYBOY, ZANI, Dictator mentality? Bulls eye from NS they are emotional.

Are you talking about the same person who won you the world cup, built a cancer hospital and building a technical college.

He is a true patriot through and through.

This is the idiocy of our nation, can't see right from wrong.

very immature statement coming from a veteran politician who is preparing for third time premiership!!
He should respect the mandate of public and think as a leader of whole Pak not Punjab.

Punjabi wins in Punjab and a Pastun in KPK -- Ghinwa Bhutto has a an excellent article in the Op/ed section of the News, I will present below -- but before that, it's important to understand how the idea or concept of Tabdeeli and Naya Pakistan are presented in the media now -- Tabdeei and Naya Pakistan's core idea is "CHANGE", and in Pakistan this idea of CHANGE is seen by influential gups, exactly in opposite terms, to some it is a POSITIVE, they are persuaded that Change will empower them a lead to a better Pakistan, there is another element, represented by the likes of the PNL-N and PPP, who view change as anathema, as something to be avoided at all costs:

De-mock-racy

Ghinwa Bhutto
Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Stalin famously said "It is enough that the people know there was an election. The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything."

Those of us who do not identify as Stalinists believe that in a democracy the fundamental value of polls is to decentralise the arbitrary patronage of the powerful and expand the voices heard in the political realm. In a democracy the job of decentralising patronage belongs solely to the public.

Democracy is supposed to shorten the chain of command between the people and the state. By having the authority to levy and collect taxes, spend on development, protect life and property and dispense justice people become empowered. They have the authority to remove those who fail in their duties of fairly and transparently expending resources and protecting the public.

Unfortunately, this contractual relationship between the people and the state does not exist in Pakistan. The existing social contract is between the state, represented by the military and civil bureaucracy, on the one hand and feudals, industrialists, and the moneyed class on the other. Since 1947, patronage has been strictly limited to these ruling classes who allow almost no alternatives and who co-opt the apparatus of the state to restrict the public’s ability to seek justice. Without the police, the courts and the support of the bureaucracy the feudal in the interior or the industrialist in the city has no real power of patronage.

Thus in every elections, the military and civil administration, including the judiciary, all come together to protect the patronage of this ruling class over the resources of the state and consequently over the people. As long as elections serve to restrict patronage rather than expand it, the Pakistani state will always be happy to hold them.

In a devolved system of power, citizens have the right to elect representatives at the union council level – mayors, deputy mayors, labour leaders etc – and at the provincial and national levels. In such a system, these officials are empowered by the people and thus totally accountable to an electorate that has the ability not only to select them, but also hold them to the highest standard of governance. The Pakistani citizen at the moment only has the right to select provincial and national representatives, who answer only to the bureaucracy and not to the people. These two representatives are not chosen freely or fairly but under violent intimidation, bribery and the shadow of massive rigging.

The 2013 elections demonstrated that the Pakistani state works in tandem to ensure that the status quo prevails and that patronage, contrary to people’s hopes, would not be expanded to new leaders. When a political party comes to power and fails to give the people what they promised, they are at fault. But when the sum of state machinery – the courts, the law-enforcement agencies and the civil and military bureaucracy – plays a collaborative role in bringing that party back to power by actively engaging in rigging and intimidation, then the blame rests with the entirety of the state.

In every polling station presiding officers and returning officers are designated as neutral observers. In reality there is nothing neutral about them. They are government teachers hired by the incumbent government to cheat. The auditor general’s report for 2010-11 found that the provincial government was guilty of a massive number of fake appointments, even hiring under-age recruits who were otherwise ineligible for service.

During elections it is these teachers tasked with educating our children who tear out polling lists, stuff ballot boxes, intimidate and threaten dissenting voters and steal votes for the party that hires them.

There weren’t even judges to be found who could shut down polling stations indulging in rigging. At Government Primary school Old Nazzar Larkana polling station I came across a returning officer sitting on a pile of torn out sheets from the voters’ list book. All around her were women who already had blue thumbs and ink drawn on their fingers lining up to vote for the umpteenth time. I asked the returning officer supervising this rigging for her name and she replied “main be naam hoon” (I have no name)

On any day of the year, our police are busy protecting criminals and thieves. On election day, they work even harder. In Naushero Feroz the police surrounded a bank-turned-polling-station so that the ballot thumping inside would not be disturbed by the angry crowd gathering outside. In many countries – even in India – the local police are not allowed to participate in elections in any official capacity whatsoever.

In those countries paramilitary and military forces are deputed to ensure a peaceful environment. But how can the citizens of Karachi vote peacefully under the Kalashnikovs of those Rangers who have launched armed operations in the city for decades?

I have contested three elections and campaigned in many others. I have not won any of them, but luckily I subscribe to Alai Stevenson’s philosophy: “I’m not an old, experienced hand at politics. But I am now seasoned enough to have learned that the hardest thing about any political campaign is how to win without proving that you are unworthy of winning

But never before have I witnessed the brutality and violence that I had to see during these elections. Complaints of excessive force and violence were not only levelled against the police and the Rangers but also against the army. Polling agents were threatened and voters and candidates, myself included, fired at.

How does the ordinary citizen seek protection? If not from the police, or the army, then from whom?

Alongside the state’s obstructions, the media’s absence was also noticeable. While news channels did not stop their television coverage for even ten minutes on election day, neither their cameras nor their intrepid reporters were anywhere to be found in large swaths of Pakistan’s rural areas.

The reason Pakistan continues to recycle the same ruling elites over and over again regardless of the wishes of its people is because the electorate does not have the chance to redistribute political patronage. Only when power is decentralised will elections hold any significance in this country. Until then, they will continue to be a violent and unworthy charade.

The writer is the chairperson of PPP-Shaheed Bhutto.

Punjabi wins in Punjab and a Pastun in KPK -- Ghinwa Bhutto has a an excellent article in the Op/ed section of the News, I will present below -- but before that, it's important to understand how the idea or concept of Tabdeeli and Naya Pakistan are presented in the media now -- Tabdeei and Naya Pakistan's core idea is "CHANGE", and in Pakistan this idea of CHANGE is seen by influential gups, exactly in opposite terms, to some it is a POSITIVE, they are persuaded that Change will empower them a lead to a better Pakistan, there is another element, represented by the likes of the PNL-N and PPP, who view change as anathema, as something to be avoided at all costs:

There is a large cadre of people who are well connected and benefit from the status quo. Therefore, these are the people who will do everything to see to it that there is no meaningful change in order to maintain their dynastic hold on everything that matters in Pakistan. It is naive to think that a few slogans of change and a few large rallies of young educated people in the cities are enough to bring about anything of lasting consequence.

When Imran said its noon vs janoon no one had a problem with being Janooni lol

now look at them crying :omghaha:

Enjoy karo,mere humwatn Bakistaniyoon. Abhi to halaf bhi nhi lia is Shrek nay. :D

he did ok back then, but i think he has had a change of heart since and he really seem genuine this time and i hope he is for the sake of pakistan.

even if you guys dont like him you should pray he is being genuine in his concerns becuase i dont think pakistanis will get through another 5 yrs like this

Yes, i'm sure Zardari too will have a "change of heart" after next 5 years. Perhaps we can vote him back into power too, what do you say?

Enjoy karo,mere humwatn Bakistaniyoon. Abhi to halaf bhi nhi lia is Shrek nay. :D

You're not our hamwatan. By changing your flags you have shown the ultimate desperation and narrow mindedness. So stay a proud north korean and worry about themselves. Pakistan doesn't need your sympathies.

This is very immature comment from Nawaz sharif and directly towards Pathans because they voted for PTI.
Only God can save us from PMLN party..,,
And i see supporters and patwaris of PMLN here, they are biggest Enemy of Pakistan. Punjab is becoming MQM number 2 because of gang/militant wing groups and their representatives in the parliament. Target killing is started in Punjab.

This ganja Nawaz sharif have no shame. They goes abroad for treatment, their wealth is outside from Pakistan and they are talking about Pakistan. His party was involved in attack on supreme court. Only option is to ban PML N.

Nawaz sharif is such immature leader, talking with the Indian media of kargil issue. I will not surprise if another Marshallah comes.
Even he blames his brother Shahbaz for emotional speeches.

Nawaz sharif will not change. Kuttay ki dum tairhi hi rehti hai, seedhi karo gay to toot jayi gi

Yes, i'm sure Zardari too will have a "change of heart" after next 5 years. Perhaps we can vote him back into power too, what do you say?
nawaz is not as bad as zadari, zardari looks like bayiman kuta

Are you talking about the same person who won you the world cup, built a cancer hospital and building a technical college.

He is a true patriot through and through.

This is the idiocy of our nation, can't see right from wrong.

and you are talkin about a person who had no talent but country gave him opportunity, sole power to win a world (btw not free nation pays him) and he took 15+ years to win and bring lot of curruption and scandels of girls drug etc(check the cricket history even after he left for next 5-6 years. btw did you remember Jhangir khan, Jamsher Khan, Shehbaz Senior, Mohammad Yousuf, Younis Khan.
Guy who made hospital with peoples money and land given by PML-N Govt(lol) btw what about Edhi, Chippa, and many more.
Agreed: This is the idiocy of our nation, can't see right from wrong.
you just have 3 reason
will i give my Reasons:
Land given for Raiwind Ijhtimah
Hospital in Raiwin
Huge Charity to Data Darbar
Support of Kashmiri Freedom Faighters
JF-17
Atomic Blast
Motor Way
Long march for CJ
Economy Boost in both term
Yellow Cab
Sasti Rotti
Metro Bus
Danish School
and so on..........

josh e kitabat mei bool diya hoo ga ...
statement like these divided pakistan even more ..if u go in KPK , sindh and balouctistan ..they already hate Punjab .. Goood job Priminister to be ... u have spent **** load of money on ur hair transplants u should have spent it on ur brain transplant ...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom