What's new

Nearly 4 in 5 Pakistanis say that they have not watched any Indian movies in the past year: Gallup & Gilani Pakistan

Young Pakistanisnare very different and more educated than the older Pakistanis. Also, younger Pakistanis in the UK are more integrated in to British society and know nothing of indianisms or bollywood etc.

It's true they don't know nothing of Indian entertainment nor do not want to. They moved on. The only thing they remember are memories of being very young and their grandparents playing the odd one or two films.
I've also noticed they have more of an attachment to their roots rather than a 'desi' type culture which was more around our time.

On th other hand pakistani dramas music and movies are in top trends in India and now a days only those Indian music gets popular which is a copy of pakistani song.
Never seen any India movie in last 10 years don't even know about any

It's true they don't know nothing of Indian entertainment nor do not want to. They moved on. The only thing they remember are memories of being very young and their grandparents playing the odd one or two films.
I've also noticed they have more of an attachment to their roots rather than a 'desi' type culture which was more around our time.

Agreed. They refer to themselves as Pakistani and have an attachment to their Pakistani roots and heritage in it's truest sense. They are very confident and fluid in their sense of being Pakistani.

Man Pakistani dramas are just addictive to Pakistani women.I am sure indian dramas have zero audience in Pakistan.
I watch Pakistani dramas too
Some of em are really good, a bit unfair to say it's for housewives only

With more production value, they can go to the next level but fundamentals are good

I watch SK movies, Pakistani and Netflix shows
I am watching this show nowadays, I loved it

I don't know why the gave the actor a black face though?

Last edited:
Alhamdulillah if true! The best thing that Pakistis to do is ban any Indian media completely. Not let any more Indian movies come in and try working with streaming services too for Pakistan specific content that doesn’t include any Indian production.

Pakistani media industry has also picked up. It needs a lot of investment and a great deal of work is needed but its a start.

Nice to see this change.
I haven't watched a single Indian movie for the last 7 years...

Indian movies now a days are full of vulgarity, foul language, weak plot, over-glamour and remix of old songs. I stopped watching/following bollywood around 10-12 years ago. Although i watched few accidental movies/series on netflix but idont think its worth watching anymore. We have tons of good quality Pakistani and Turkish series.

Indian movies now a days are full of vulgarity, foul language, weak plot, over-glamour and remix of old songs. I stopped watching/following bollywood around 10-12 years ago. Although i watched few accidental movies/series on netflix but idont think its worth watching anymore. We have tons of good quality Pakistani and Turkish series.
You stopped following Indian movies 10 years ago, but still you are aware of the plot, language, glamour etc in Indian movies. So do you follow or do you not?

Back
Top Bottom