What's new

Need solid outcome to visit Pakistan: PM

foxbat

Reaction score
Country
India
Need solid outcome to visit Pakistan: PM - Rediff.com News

Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will only travel toPakistan if he is assured of a "solid" outcome from the visit.

Waiting in the Leaders Lounge at the Nuclear Security Summit in Seoul on Tuesday afternoon, the prime minister, accompanied by National Security Adviser Shiv Shankar Menon and Foreign Secretary Ranjan Mathai, ran into his Pakistani counterpart Yousaf Raza Gilani and Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar.

After exchanging greetings and agreeing that things were moving quite well in bilateral relations, Dr Singh thanked Gilani for granting India Most Favoured Nation trading status.

Gilani said it was his intention to improve trade ties with India and the MFN status is a manifestation of that intention.

He revealed that it had not been entirely easy for his government to get the MFN deal done in Pakistan, but he had decided to move ahead with it.

"He said he had worked very hard on it," Dr Singh told reporters in a brief encounter on Air India One, the special aircraft transporting him and his delegation back from his three-day visit to South Korea.

The Pakistan prime minister also asked Dr Singh if India could supply power to his country from Punjab. "I told him we will look into it," the prime minister told reporters. :)

"He said 'You should come to Pakistan'," Dr Singh said, adding, "I told him after something solid."

I think India will give us MFN now.... Now... Now.... :cry: :mad:

First give MFN and close the 26/11 case and we can start new chapter until then i wont support it.

Does manmohan's visit gonna benifit Pakistan?

Yes, this definitely would be a +ve gesture frm India.

It would be easy to supply power to Pakistan as Lahore is right next door we can setup a pipeline asap

I don't know why Indian leaders are so reluctant to have an open dialogue process with Pakistan.
How can someone expect a solid outcome in a jiffy when we have such a splendid history?

Mumbai attack was terrible incident, a sensible person can't approve such kind of incidents.

Remember, Indians can not understand the value of peace better than Pakistanies as from last decade we are contineously faceing a war on our motherland Pakistan.

We are tired of this internal and external wars thats why we want to start peace process even with India, but I guess Indian govt is not interested in it due to their political reason.

I don't know why Indian leaders are so reluctant to have an open dialogue process with Pakistan.
How can someone expect a solid outcome in a jiffy when we have such a splendid history?

Mumbai attack was terrible incident, a sensible person can't approve such kind of incidents.

Remember, Indians can not understand the value of peace better than Pakistanies as from last decade we are contineously faceing a war on our motherland Pakistan.

We are tired of this internal and external wars thats why we want to start peace process even with India, but I guess Indian govt is not interested in it due to their political reason.

You are not the only one we are tired also and want a new chapter in ties but until 26/11 case is not closed the Indian public will never support visiting Pakistan.

Does India hate Pakistan? I am always seeing racist comments by Indians referring to Chinese, Pakistani, and Bangladeshi all have racist name calling by Indians

Does India hate Pakistan? I am always seeing racist comments by Indians referring to Chinese, Pakistani, and Bangladeshi all have racist name calling by Indians

Why we gonna hate you? we the same people who share culture together.

Back
Top Bottom