What's new

Netanyahu faces ridicule from Iranians online over "jeans" comment

basiji are a minority of the population, a small minority
basiji are making their profit and i know many of them who just care to have advantages for jobs, business, school and so: do you know they have priority for jobs? they have their special very low level of exams?
you know after war, many families of martyrs becoming basij with low morality and taking profits of the system...
Yeah, sure.
In Basij you get no payment what so ever, maybe Basijis will have priority for some governmant jobs,Azad university and I have never heard of ''special very low level of exams''.

And family of martyrs and veterans don't need to get in Basij they have ''sahmiye shahed''.

That netanyahu most the time speak out of his @rse so nothing new here.

Here are some : - Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Turkey, Australia over their death of their national in prison, losing the funding cash-cow EU's support, expelling Israeli diplomats over Mabhoh's murder in UK, and Ireland for using their countries' faked passports.

you are wrong, except of Turkey non of these were lost.

you are wrong, except of Turkey non of these were lost.

I think the lost of several billions of dollars was more devistating than losing Turkey. Some South American nations can also represent a few other examples.

Not taking side into this but Iran's social structure is similar to ours in one way or the other. There is nothing to be ashamed of in this regard, most Iranians are RELIGIOUSLY conservative or at least the vast majority of them. Therefore, It wasn't your regime's moral durty to police the streets, but rather the will of your own people who made brought it to this level, which means that they are - to some extent - okay with it.

Not actually, the percentage of non religious people in Iran is even higher than secular Turkey. Iran is indeed a religious society, but the portion of religious people to whole population is lower comparing to almost all countries in ME.
And people don't want or love that stupid moral police, although its influence is decreasing everyday because they are slowly understanding that they can't force someone to act as they say and almost always, it has the opposite effect.

Not actually, the percentage of non religious people in Iran is even higher than secular Turkey. Iran is indeed a religious society, but the portion of religious people to whole population is lower comparing to almost all countries in ME.
And people don't want or love that stupid moral police, although its influence is decreasing everyday because they are slowly understanding that they can't force someone to act as they say and almost always, it has the opposite effect.

Well, by now all that I can say is that @Surenas had a point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please elaborate.

He said people aren't happy about the way things are going, given an example of the role the moral police plays that people had enough of it. If the vast majoirty of the Iranian people aren't religious then there has got to be one answer for it i.e. the removal of the religious figures who dominate and run the state.

But in all seriousness, my experience with the Iranians in reality is totally different from what's been written above ^

He said people aren't happy about the way things are going, given an example of the role the moral police plays that people had enough of it. If the vast majoirty of the Iranian people aren't religious then there has got to be one answer for it i.e. the removal of the religious figures who dominate and run the state.

But in all seriousness, my experience with the Iranians in reality is totally different from what's been written above ^

You got it wrong mate, I NEVER said that majority of people are not religious, I just said the percentage of religious people is lower than many ME countries. Absolute majority of Iranians believe in God and a good majority practice religion or believe in a religion.

You got it wrong mate, I NEVER said that majority of people are not religious, I just said the percentage of religious people is lower than many ME countries. Absolute majority of Iranians believe in God and a good majority practice religion or believe in a religion.

I don't think we should compare Iran to other countries. We don't have any accurate statistics of other countries in terms of religion, if it helps.

All netenyahoo is doing is digging the hole deeper. Who writes this mans speeches? High school kids? I cant believe the Israeli people allow such a blood thirsty immoral individual to represent them? Dont they understand hes slowly taking them down the path to hell?

you're kiding ?
saying it needs to attack Iran is what you call eloquent ?
saying there should be more sanctions against the Iranian people?

there is a difference between:
- the guy who wants a change in Iran for good (for exemple my friend who is doing politics in Israel) , and
- the guy who says he wants change but wants more pain on people and says he wants the country to be bombed

some people are full of hatred in Israel towards us. we should not lie to ourselves. the reason is this stupid conflict between our two countries , with insults and stupid supports: MeK from them but we did before them support terrorist groups.

another point: the people like Netanyahu don't make even difference between reformists and Ahmadinejad.
they are totally ignorant about politics inside Iran and the many people who want to change for good.

Netanyahu believes in MeK.

can i ask you; do you believe in MeK as alternative to Iran regime ?

What? Israel only uses MEK for their own agenda. They are not stupid to believe that MEK is a real alternative to the Iranian regime.

Second, if I was a Israeli leader, I would've attacked Iran already. Don't give me this warmonger-stuff. The only real warmonger in the region is Iran. I'll guess you and all those other people here forgot that it was Iran who started to threaten Israel just after the revolution with their 'the road to Jerusalem goes through Karbala', or by starting to support corrupt and terrorist Palestinian organizations, who are responsible for the deaths of hundreds of innocent Israeli people. We have nothing to do with this whole Israeli-Palestinian conflict to begin with, which is a conflict between two Semite people about a small piece of Semite land.

Iran's bombastic way of threatening Israel, the fact that it uses terrorist organizations against Israeli civilians and interests + its nuclear program, are all legitimate reasons in my eyes to consider a military strike against it.

Israel's struggle is with the Iranian regime, not with the Iranian people.

What? Israel only uses MEK for their own agenda. They are not stupid to believe that MEK is a real alternative to the Iranian regime.

Second, if I was a Israeli leader, I would've attacked Iran already. Don't give me this warmonger-stuff. The only real warmonger in the region is Iran. I'll guess you and all those other people here forgot that it was Iran who started to threaten Israel just after the revolution with their 'the road to Jerusalem goes through Karbala', or by starting to support corrupt and terrorist Palestinian organizations, who are responsible for the deaths of hundreds of innocent Israeli people. We have nothing to do with this whole Israeli-Palestinian conflict to begin with, which is a conflict between two Semite people about a small piece of Semite land.

Iran's bombastic way of threatening Israel, the fact that it uses terrorist organizations against Israeli civilians and interests + its nuclear program, are all legitimate reasons in my eyes to consider a military strike against it.

then you should read again what i wrote above . it seems you missed the important part ;)

i don't agree with some points with you :
- the words "the road to Jerusalem goes through Karbala" is much more about Karbala than Jerusalem... seriously you believe our army was aimed to go Jerusalem that time ??? it was just religious words .. stupid but more a blabla than anything else
- i would blame much more Iran for supporting Hezbollah , which is a group of terror. even if now Iran didn't control the group as it was in the past. i don't think they are lot of Iranians supporting this anyway
- supporting MeK is a terror decision . so for this action my friends in Israel as well agree about this point: that was a bad decision. if we blame our support to Hezbollah , we can blame support of MeK too
- this has nothing to do with being semitic people (i am half Arab , so what ? i should be concerned ? )
it has much more to do with ... the simple... it is not a country to support this or that country or terror groups. if a country is to blame for this or that (and there a lot of countries to blame for far worst than Israel) it is UNO job and diplomacy should be favored by countries in the region. that's all. Iran is far so far less concerned anyway... but i guess you know why Khomeiny cared about Palestine.
- i have many relations in Iran and considering the position of my father, i know many people in army. I never never heard of any beginning of doubt about nuclear army program. But of course the attitude to tease Israel sadly always existed. Ahmadinejad was the joke as president .
accepting a military strike against our country... well i don't understand it . even with lot of efforts, because i know what is war (much older than you ) i 'll never understand an Iranian wants our country to be striked
- maybe yes for Israelians , and probably most smart people, but we are speaking about people like Netanyahu who are using Iran nuclear said program to make Iran evil. their speech about "i care about Iranians" is bullshit for two reasons: they ask more sanctions against our people AND they accepted MeK to be used.
I don't generalize . But i cannot understand why you like the Netanyahu words.

I know that many people in Iran thinking in that way, but the fact is when Israel or US bomb Iran, bombs will kill ordinary Iranian people. when they sanction Iran, it will hurt Iranian people. there is not so much difference between government of a country and its people for foreign countries.
If you wanna look at this issue more carefully, you would see that many of people were tortured in Shah's era by SAVAK which it was trained by Israeli MOSAD. btw, in 80's when Iran revolution happened, most of the political activists, and intellectuals in all over the world were against Israel, and Iranian government wanted to attract them to Iran's revolution.
When Netanyahu said such a stupid thing about jeans in Iran, I felt that he has no idea about Iran, so do you really think that he knows or even cares that who MEK really are?

Back
Top Bottom