What's new

New Chinese mainland dramas big hit among Hong Kong, Taiwan and overseas audiences

Not going to go into details, but u guys know who the biggest copycat of Chinese lit? STAR WARS

Legend of Condor Heroes 1957 (LoCH)
Return of Condor Heroes 1959 (RoCH)

SW Ep IV 1977 (copies LoCH/RoCH storyline)

A certain director from the West had over a decade to familiarize himself with these famed works from Hong Kong. Of course it helped that HK was under British control during this period to sort of help it spread to the West.

And the copying continues to this day:

Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber 1963 (HSDS)

SW Ep VII-IX (takes after HSDS by the same author of LoCH/RoCH) -> blue saber = Heaven Sword; fiery red saber = Dragon Saber; Rey is Zhang Wuji with sex change, Snoke is baldy Chen Kun, etc.

Also, here's a joke I often make. You guys know why lightsaber blades r straight? Einstein said gravity can bend light, so of course SW universe can make curved blades of the lightsabers if wanted to like a Japanese katana. So, SW blades r straight coz Chinese swords r for the most part straight...
i don't think they deny that. the whole jedi thing is a copy of kung fu sh1t from wuxia. everyone know this :D

"There was once a Jedi named K'ungfu."―Yoda begins his tale

"Wise was K'ungfu, and strong. But at this time, none was wiser or stronger than the great Jedi Master Chuang."―Yoda

Master Chuang was first mentioned in the 2015 young readers novel The Empire Strikes Back: So You Want to Be a Jedi?—a retelling of Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back—written by Adam Gidwitz.[1] He was partly inspired by Chuang-tzu, a Taoist text named for its traditional author.

The Empire Strikes Back: So You Want to Be a Jedi? is a title from Disney–Lucasfilm Press and the second volume in a children's series that retells the Star Wars original trilogy in advance of the December 2015 film Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens.

Definitely, I never go watch such China-US co-productions with US actors given lead roles. They are, to me, disgraceful.
Yeah, not honor, so-called co-production, let Chinese actor in, is just for Chinese market, can't help Chinese film industry, I never go watch them in the cinema.

Back
Top Bottom