What's new

New Delhi police fire water cannon at India rape protest

Now, this one is such rarest of the rare case. However, you should note it:

A senior police officer said they may even prosecute the woman for filing a false case and misleading the government machinery.

The new laws will keep such provisions to prosecute anyone who files a false complaint. It is a concern that the law makers will definitely take into consideration. However, when a three year old girl gets raped, don't tell me, she might have consensual sex. Or when a girl gets raped by more than one man or a girl having physical apparent injuries on her body parts, don't tell me they might have consensual sex. The judiciary is not that stupid, in case, the judges are much more learned that one might imagine. So don't worry.

Dude - you can't say it is the rarest of the rare case. What if the lady has not come forward? Here is a situation for you where this guy lost his future of being a NFL star and would have made millions as the girl accused him of rape and got him convicted.

Ex-USC Trojans recruit exonerated on rape conviction - ESPN Los Angeles

There are situations where it is tough to say whether it is a rape or not and science does not help many a time. Even in US where the forensics are more advanced, innocent people had become victims for someone claiming rape. There is a popular TV series called Law and Order - Special Victims Unit in US. If you watch it, you will understand it is more often than not, it is a grey area.

As per your argument about a 3 year old girl getting raped - it is an open and shut case and you know my position on that.

Dude - you can't say it is the rarest of the rare case. What if the lady has not come forward? Here is a situation for you where this guy lost his future of being a NFL star and would have made millions as the girl accused him of rape and got him convicted.

Ex-USC Trojans recruit exonerated on rape conviction - ESPN Los Angeles

There are situations where it is tough to say whether it is a rape or not and science does not help many a time. Even in US where the forensics are more advanced, innocent people had become victims for someone claiming rape. There is a popular TV series called Law and Order - Special Victims Unit in US. If you watch it, you will understand it is more often than not, it is a grey area.

As per your argument about a 3 year old girl getting raped - it is an open and shut case and you know my position on that.

Sashan is a rape apologist.

Thank you but I'm in no need of a certificate of sensitivity from you. Maybe it is worse than "zinda laash" for your type. It is precisely such attitudes which you claimed elsewhere you were against that is the problem. If it becomes a "great shame" for a woman, she is unlikely to report it to save herself from getting such epithets & the perpetrator is free to continue his crime run freely.

Irrelevant. All someone has to do is claim consensual sex. Disproving that when a death sentence is possible would be tougher because it is all based on circumstantial evidence, We don't have enough people properly trained to do proper forensics, do you think that will change overnight because you want it to?

Dhananjay Chatterjee was strung up & rightly so. That should be the law, mandatory death sentence for rape+murder, lesser punishment for rape alone. You seem unaware of the fact that you are not the first person to come up with the idea of capital punishment for rape. It has been thoroughly discussed & what I said is the position of almost all police officers & jurists who gave their opinion on this matter. Lame excuse it isn't.

Do you know the difference between culpable homicide & murder or are you using those two words thinking that they are the same? What difference if he might get caught? Atleast there is no direct evidence in the form of a testimony by the victim. In any case, he can't be punished more severely if death sentence is already the punishment subscribed.

OK, then. may be rape for you is nothing but forceful penetration and ejaculation inside a woman and may be the force used to subdue a woman and defying her objection mean nothing for you but it means a lot to people like me because we see rape from a different point of view. I think there is no point of discussion if you stick to your sensitivity which I won't certify.

I told you, our demand for death sentence is only for open and shut cases. Didn't I make that clear? A three years old girl getting raped or a girl getting raped or gang raped with physical injury is open and shut case. And death sentence for such cases is a must.

Individualism will not come overnight. We are in the process of evolution where our system is still not evolved enough to respect the individual, we are too complex and poor for that to happen quickly. BUT there has to be efforts to make that happen. Take the case of police reform, sinceour system is so rotten anyway, there's nothing to lose by introducing harsh radical reforms. But we don't do it, we take decades just to discuss what needs to be done and there is zero pilitical will and the common people do not even know it can be done, let alone be politically active about it.

Hence I said we are not mature enough yet, and you were asking why death penalty is a bad idea???

Isn't it a sign of maturity that people are asking for safety and security through protests? You may oppose death penalty but you can't say there should not be death penalty because you assume people are not mature enough. I mean, I didn't get you, I am sorry.

we should congratulate the media for all those manipulated news,they are doing good job brainwashing the youth and turning them against a democratic govt system!!!
what exactly do they want,a coup???:hitwall:

what for, do some one need a widescale protest against such a non political issue.........utmost stupidity that i've seen ever!!

OK, then. may be rape for you is nothing but forceful penetration and ejaculation inside a woman and may be the force used to subdue a woman and defying her objection mean nothing for you but it means a lot to people like me because we see rape from a different point of view. I think there is no point of discussion if you stick to your sensitivity which I won't certify.

I didn't ask you to teach me my own position & I would very much appreciate if you didn't waste both our time with this pointless stuff. My position is very clear, it is for you to see if you can understand it. I have no objection to you disagreeing, this is a forum after all & there is no need to get all personal about disagreements. Any debate involves first understanding the other's position before attempting to combat it. Statements like yours are meaningless because you seem determined not to listen to any opinion but your own. I'm open to convincing, you on the other hand, are not & that is the difference. Feel free to move on & debate with somebody more your type, if that is what you prefer. Do not issue moral certificates, no one here needs it.

@Enemy picture of ladies police handling female protesters..
5c0a4124-5c31-4471-ba7b-d3b61d87294dHiRes.JPG

If elderly protesters behave like this what do you expect from police.
557392ee-ae64-499e-beca-f832b4d256ceHiRes.JPG

Again if some one is responsible for situation/ treatment today (at India gate) is Govt of Delhi, who fail to anticipate turn of events and did not take necessary actions to cool situation other then hiding behind police

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't it a sign of maturity that people are asking for safety and security through protests? You may oppose death penalty but you can't say there should not be death penalty because you assume people are not mature enough. I mean, I didn't get you, I am sorry.

People are showing their anger, ask them to vote based on such issues and you will know what I mean about maturity.

Andyou got my argument wrong, the reasons for opposing death penalty have been very well put by Bangalore, I was saying with the kind of immature dishonest people and system, death penalty will be a case of cure being worse than disease. I'm saying a mature society will always oppose death penalty for such a crime anyways. Completely different from what you made it out to be.

I didn't ask you to teach me my own position & I would very much appreciate if you didn't waste both our time with this pointless stuff. My position is very clear, it is for you to see if you can understand it. I have no objection to you disagreeing, this is a forum after all & there is no need to get all personal about disagreements. Any debate involves first understanding the other's position before attempting to combat it. Statements like yours are meaningless because you seem determined not to listen to any opinion but your own. I'm open to convincing, you on the other hand, are not & that is the difference. Feel free to move on & debate with somebody more your type, if that is what you prefer. Do not issue moral certificates, no one here needs it.

Listen, I was ready to listen to you but when I saw that rape of a woman or even a girl or even a child is nothing for you and just forceful penetration and ejaculation, then what more is there I could learn from you? You just tell me, if a three year old girl is raped by a fifty years old man, is that just a penetration and ejaculation and since the three year old girl is not dead, the rapist cannot get death penalty?

People are showing their anger, ask them to vote based on such issues and you will know what I mean about maturity.

Andyou got my argument wrong, the reasons for opposing death penalty have been very well put by Bangalore, I was saying with the kind of immature dishonest people and system, death penalty will be a case of cure being worse than disease. I'm saying a mature society will always oppose death penalty for such a crime anyways.

You mean this crime, this Delhi gang rape crime?

@Enemy picture of ladies police handling female protesters..
5c0a4124-5c31-4471-ba7b-d3b61d87294dHiRes.JPG

If elderly protesters behave like this what do you expect from police.
557392ee-ae64-499e-beca-f832b4d256ceHiRes.JPG

Again if some one is responsible for situation/ treatment today (at India gate) is Govt of Delhi, who fail to anticipate turn of events and did not take necessary actions to cool situation other then hiding behind police

I think we all were talking about what happened just before dusk, I mean in the evening. Protests started from morning but was put to an end in the evening and during the evening lathi charge, there were no female police constables. That was caught on camera like this one. The first photo looks like taken in the morning, see the fog in the background. So far as the stone pelting is concerned, the police men themselves pelted stones and in front of camera. Ask anyone who saw ABP news. I will post them if I get one. Stone pelting is different issue, we are talking about the bonfire.

you 'human right' people have no Idea what actually happened to that girls.....it was not just iron rod which was put in girl's vag**a but actual thing is the main accused 'ram singh' put his hands inside her vag**a and removed her urethra entirely from her body which also displaced the position of her lever and kidney.....still would you guys not justify death panalty for main culprit??..didn't wanted to say this but why are you guys are so soft for accused??? Human Right my foot!! Those accused should be burnt alive and any of you will call me uncivilized then no problem I am uncivilize and you people remain what you are..so called sophisticated and elite people!!! I demand death panalty with maximum torture for them!!

we should congratulate the media for all those manipulated news,they are doing good job brainwashing the youth and turning them against a democratic govt system!!!
what exactly do they want,a coup???:hitwall:

what for, do some one need a widescale protest against such a non political issue.........utmost stupidity that i've seen ever!!

fk such elected govts where such crime happens and the PM still asks the people NOT to show anger :angry:

a coup will be better than such rule. The asians need big danda .

New twist to the movement.. a facebook page available "occupy-rajpath" go an check. They put four demands ..

1. Quick justice - with in 7 days - Asking for too much I'd support if they ask for 30 days
  2. Asking for parliament session to amend law- Asking for too much current law are adequate (or longer sentence would be welcome move), just need speedy trails and verdict
  3. PM should address nation to cool things down - I fully support it
  4. Police actions - investigate lathi charge and take actions

Please note there is no demand for death sentence. I fully support @fateh71 and @Bang Galore that death sentence is not the cure for this disease it will not do any good.

Listen, I was ready to listen to you but when I saw that rape of a woman or even a girl or even a child is nothing for you and just forceful penetration and ejaculation, then what more is there I could learn from you? You just tell me, if a three year old girl is raped by a fifty years old man, is that just a penetration and ejaculation and since the three year old girl is not dead, the rapist cannot get death penalty?

Don't deliberately misconstrue my positions. If you saw something, especially what you say you saw, you need both an eye exam & an MRI quick.

I have said earlier & you have obviously not bothered to read, my position for child rapists is castration, chemically. You do understand that eliminating the baby is a possibility that the perpetrator will consider. How does that make it better?

You are not the sole repository of wisdom. The sooner you realise that, the better.

you 'human right' people have no Idea what actually happened to that girls.....it was not just iron rod which was put in girl's vag**a but actual thing is the main accused 'ram singh' put his hands inside her vag**a and removed her urethra entirely from her body which also displaced the position of her lever and kidney.....still would you guys not justify death panalty for main culprit??..didn't wanted to say this but why are you guys are so soft for accused??? Human Right my foot!! Those accused should be burnt alive and any of you will call me uncivilized then no problem I am uncivilize and you people remain what you are..so called sophisticated and elite people!!! I demand death panalty with maximum torture for them!!

These human rights defenders will only understand when their own mothers or sisters or daughters or wives will be brutalized with blunt iron rods after forceful penetration from front and back at a time by a group of violent drunkards. I would like to see how much they oppose the death sentence when iron rod is inserted into their own sister or mother or daughter or wife.

Back
Top Bottom