What's new

New Islamad Airport [promo video relased]

Everything else seems to be fine (and i hope it is.) But i don't get why they invest so much in planting date trees in Islamabad ,you can see in this promo video as well.....(don't know if it's just for the looks of it to make it a better promo video) but why not plant more and more Pine trees which not only naturally suits the climate.....but improves it a lot better.In every type of harsh climate recording subfreezing or near freezing temperatures during winter for at least a few hours per year are likely to favor the survival of pine trees. Areas with a temperate climate all year round also seem to make a good habitat for them.

During Musharaf's time, lots of date trees were planted in Islamabad with lots of money been wasted to just make them viable in these conditions.For God's sake it's not a desert.I just can't comprehend why not the pine trees that look so elegant as well.And weather friendly as well.

BTW a nice promo video.... a bit old now though. :cheers:

Old video seen it before lets see if this project even happens lolz.

Musharraf was trying to bring in the more Arabian look, kinda dumb but that's what you get when u've got dumb dictator on the job. Local plants would have been better.

They shouldn't have housing around the airport, It's going to create traffic problems and pollution. Just hope the glass ceiling of the drop off area doesn't smogged up and turn grey as vehicles pass by.

They shouldn't have housing around the airport, It's going to create traffic problems and pollution. Just hope the glass ceiling of the drop off area doesn't smogged up and turn grey as vehicles pass by.

It's not that near to cause smogging and graying of the glass pans as you call it.But yes there are some new C.D.A. sectors close up there to cause some problems that noise pollution brings on with it.And that's all on paper yet.

34fjxty.jpg

Looks nice! if everything goes as planned, we're looking at 5 years min. Good luck to Isloos.

New construction pictures. Not sure how old they are. I am guessing at least 4 months old.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom