What's new

New post-Soviet alliance ready for 2015 launch: Putin

Sorry, I added another sentence at the end to spell out my concerns.

Will Russia send troops and tanks if any of these dictators is threatened by democracy?

Echoes of the past...
You mean - whether Russia will support the legitimate government of the Central Asian states, if the United States would begin a revolution in these states?
Certainly will. If these states are in the union with Russia - who would attack them from the outside in a clear mind? This means nuclear war. Except the United States nobody has a chance to win Russia. And the U.S. will not risk 98% of its population due to change any stan dictator to another dictator.

You mean - whether Russia will support the legitimate government of the Central Asian states, if the United States would begin a revolution in these states?
Certainly will. If these states are in the union with Russia - who would attack them from the outside in a clear mind? This means nuclear war. Except the United States nobody has a chance to win Russia. And the U.S. will not risk 98% of its population due to change any stan dictator to another dictator.

That's precisely my point.

Any challenge to the dictators would be portrayed as a proxy war by the US. It may or may not be true (often would be), but it would mean that these -stans would forever be doomed to remain dictatorships.

A union is viable only if it is achieved through democratic means.

That's precisely my point.

Any challenge to the dictators would be portrayed as a proxy war by the US. It may or may not be true (often would be), but it would mean that these -stans would forever be doomed to remain dictatorships.

A union is viable only if it is achieved through democratic means.
If the dictatorship is in the country , it does not mean that the people of this country against the union with Russia and the other former republics. Peoples of stans will benefit from this union in the first place . Russia will restore the destroyed plants , they grow wages , they will reappear education, medicine, culture and so on. All that was destroyed after 1991.
Nowhere in the world does not have a true democracy. Under capitalism, there can not be democracy, because all political parties are 100% paid by the bankers. This is not democracy. Not a real democracy.

If the dictatorship is in the country , it does not mean that the people of this country against the union with Russia and the other former republics. Peoples of stans will benefit from this union in the first place . Russia will restore the destroyed plants , they grow wages , they will reappear education, medicine, culture and so on. All that was destroyed after 1991.
Nowhere in the world does not have a true democracy. Under capitalism, there can not be democracy, because all political parties are 100% paid by the bankers. This is not democracy. Not a real democracy.

I am not against the concept of a union; I am sure being part of a greater union will bring many benefits. And I agree that even western democracies have many faults.

However, the Faustian bargain of being stuck with these brutal dictators would not an appealing prospect for most people.

I am not against the concept of a union; I am sure being part of a greater union will bring many benefits. And I agree that even western democracies have many faults.

However, the Faustian bargain of being stuck with these brutal dictators would not an appealing prospect for most people.
Over time, all this will gradually change. The main thing that it not came from the West. Otherwise ends as well as in Yemen, Egypt, Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya or Syria. Neither arranged West revolution "against dictators" has not brought democracy and people's happiness. Only war, looting of resources, constant changes of government and so on.

Back
Top Bottom