What's new

New provinces of Pakistan??

that will be pulled down once the sikhs get control, it was founded by Lord Rama's sons and it was the Sikh capital

well on that india will loose its 2 provinces as well ....:)

lahore actually should belong to the sikhs

Lahore belongs to everyone... including Muslims, Sikhs and Hindus. There are some Pakistani Sikhs residing in Lahore.

It shouldn't only belong to the Sikhs however. It should belong to everyone.

My stance is we need to create new provinces to effectively manage the country, sooner we do it better it will be. But we must not do it ethnic basis, this will create hell of problems.

PS: Division looks fair to me

what did i say before??

But don't you think creating more provinces will improve the Law and order situation in the country? Local police, local budget for education, health and infrastructure? It will also help curb the corruption since more transparent system will have to be introduced and the outflow of money will be checked on hand-to-hand basis.

At the moment Punjab alone is bigger than every single country of Europe and in some cases, it's larger than 5-6 European countries combined. Such a transparent system is difficult to introduce under the current provincial system of the country. Karachi can take half the budget of Sindh, Lahore can take half the budget of Punjab and Quetta might take the share of the entire province and leave the other parts of the province poor and hungry... and even if the CM is honest person, it is difficult to manage such a large province by one person/small cabinet.

I wouldn't mind if Pakistan is divided in 20 provinces or abolish the current provincial system and make your 27 divisions as new provinces

So, instead of half a dozen crooks we will have two dozen crooks. The problem is lack of local accountability. If we work on providing accountability at the lowest level, the higher levels will take care of themselves. In any case the two crook parties will simply have their goondas running the show, no matter what level they are at.

There was a thread about PTI suggesting some ways to improve local accountability. Maybe they have some good ideas, maybe not.

Texas and California are huge states, yet they manage to provide governance.

The problem with talk of provinces is that it reignites feelings of division, which is the last thing we need right now. Already in this thread, we see confusion. People expecting new provinces based on language, ethnicity, etc., etc.

More provinces means more Assembly building more High courts and their chief Justices, more Chief Ministers, cabinet ministers, education boards this department and that department.(Actually I heard somewhere that budget of Islamabad city alone is more than whole Balochistan province.)

But I feel Pakistan should go for Saraiki Province because it will bring down fear of Punjab hegemony by large extent.

doesnt mean making new buildings, im talking about provincial capitals now federal capital, obviously islamabad will be forced to spend on these units then its own budget,

also it will bring atleast basic development to the provincial capitals also people would have to travel to karachi for eg from sukkur for specific jobs, the less amount of population will depend on prime cities like karachi lahore,it will also pave way for development of gwadar and some port in the east of karachi

So, instead of half a dozen crooks we will have two dozen crooks. The problem is lack of local accountability. If we work on providing accountability at the lowest level, the higher levels will take care of themselves. In any case the two crook parties will simply have their goondas running the show, no matter what level they are at.

There was a thread about PTI suggesting some ways to improve local accountability. Maybe they have some good ideas, maybe not.

Texas and California are huge states, yet they manage to provide governance.

The problem with talk of provinces is that it reignites feelings of division, which is the last thing we need right now. Already in this thread, we see confusion. People expecting new provinces based on language, ethnicity, etc., etc.

the division is not based on ethnicity, how can a province based on karachi,brahvi speaking people and baloch people and sindhi people living tgether have a sense of division??

just like the dera ghazi khan province which has both punjabi and pashtun people, and the multan province which has both punjabi and saraiki people??

the division is not based on ethnicity, how can a province based on karachi,brahvi speaking people and baloch people and sindhi people living tgether have a sense of division??

just like the dera ghazi khan province which has both punjabi and pashtun people, and the multan province which has both punjabi and saraiki people??

My point is that, once you bring up the subject of new provinces, everybody will have different ideas on how to divide everything. This will cause old divisions to surface, and new ones to be created to justify new provinces.

The idea we want to promote is that we are all Pakistanis. Punjabi and Sindhi and Seraiki and whatever people should be able to live next door to each other.

The idea we want to promote is that we are all Pakistanis. Punjabi and Sindhi and Seraiki and whatever people should be able to live next door to each other.

but you can clearly see, the idea of four provinces is not working since 1947 we are discussing renaming NWFP to KP, these issues and divisions will remain till we reach this conclusion

to end this debate we will have to act to divide more provinces or we will keep having sindhu tehreeks, pakhtunkhwa tehreek baloch tehreeks, hazara and saraik tehreeks etc

More provinces means more Assembly building more High courts and their chief Justices, more Chief Ministers, cabinet ministers, education boards this department and that department.(Actually I heard somewhere that budget of Islamabad city alone is more than whole Balochistan province.)

But I feel Pakistan should go for Saraiki Province because it will bring down fear of Punjab hegemony by large extent.

I have lived in Bahawalpur for about 7 years, Siraiki consider themselves Punjabis.. Siraiki as a language is a dialect of Punjabi, altho there are controversies related to it.. No provinces on the basis of ethnicity, as everybody has stated.. Moreover creating new provinces must not be our first priority, we have far important issues to deal with..

(Actually I heard somewhere that budget of Islamabad city alone is more than whole Balochistan province.)

Indian news paper? Then no surprise..

but you can clearly see, the idea of four provinces is not working since 1947 we are discussing renaming NWFP to KP, these issues and divisions will remain till we reach this conclusion

to end this debate we will have to act to divide more provinces or we will keep having sindhu tehreeks, pakhtunkhwa tehreek baloch tehreeks, hazara and saraik tehreeks etc

How will creating a separate province solve anything? Once they have their province, they will talk of independence or autonomy. All these tehreeks are a power play by feudals and gangsters to increase their power. The solution is not to give in to their blackmail, but to create a notion of a common Pakistani nationhood.

I am not saying it will be easy, but I see more provinces as going down the wrong path of divisiveness.

How will creating a separate province solve anything? Once they have their province, they will talk of independence or autonomy. All these tehreeks are a power play by feudals and gangsters to increase their power. The solution is not to give in to their blackmail, but to create a notion of a common Pakistani nationhood.

I am not saying it will be easy, but I see more provinces as going down the wrong path of divisiveness.

Ok - Than abolish provincial system make it one unit and introduce district/division governments.

We surely do need better localised system, be it Provinces or bring the government to district level. The idea is to empower the local people of each region to help improve their infrastructure by their own hands and help improve the country's economy, education and other sectors. Under the current 4 provinces set up, many areas are deprived from their basic rights and the approach of the government is not commendable. The division of the budget, representation of the people in the parliament and the unwillingness of the politicians to do anything good for the people other than their own local area is also very disappointing.

strong local body system will help tackle these issues. Be it in any form, provinces or abolishing the entire provincial system to replace something better.

Back
Top Bottom