What's new

Next Chief Of Army Staff - 2013 ?

Who will be the next Chief Of Army Staff - 2013 ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally feel Gen Tariq Khan , (Depends on Nawaz sharif and Co's personal agendas whom they select) but I feel he might be a good choice. Though many of his professional traits have already been described my members so I will only add one line and that is, he is also believed to be supporter of or important for Pak-US relations.

There are also rumours , I repeat, rumours/guesses that Kiyani may be granted extension.

I personally feel Gen Tariq Khan , (Depends on Nawaz sharif and Co's personal agendas whom they select) but I feel he might be a good choice. Though many of his professional traits have already been described my members so I will only add one line and that is, he is also believed to be supporter of or important for Pak-US relations.

There are also rumours , I repeat, rumours/guesses that Kiyani may be granted extension.

That would be not good for Army that means we lack leadership in Army and no one is capable enough to replace an outgoing Army Chief

That would be not good for Army that means we lack leadership in Army and no one is capable enough to replace an outgoing Army Chief

Its NOT about lack of capability. NS might want to continue the flow of things as with new chief he might be feeling starting things from the scratches.
Anyway that is a political rumour and guessing.

Gen Tariq seems to be good choice

Its NOT about lack of capability. NS might want to continue the flow of things as with new chief he might be feeling starting things from the scratches.
Anyway that is a political rumour and guessing.

Gen Tariq seems to be good choice

I am for Haroon Aslam he is also from SSG and is a capable man General Tariq lost his son he may be try to make somethings personal which we can't afford

Tell me this, you were under Tariq Khan in Multan, Waziristan or the FC? Odds are I've probably met you.

:D

On a serious note, you have missed a station, and that Waziristan and FC counts as one station.

why so many options?? Doesn't the senior most general will get the post??

Not neccessarily, primarily because unlike you, we dont lobby when the officers are in their brigadiership and 'make' them senior most so that he could become a Cheif automatically.

:D

On a serious note, you have missed a station, and that Waziristan and FC counts as one station.

You must be referring to 14 Div, that was what I meant with Waziristan. The Div was stationed there at the time if I'm not mistaken.

And Who would replace Khalid Shameem Wyne and what is the basically his post these days I mean what are the duties of that post which is now with Khaild Shameem Wyne ?

the Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee (JCSC )basically acts -among many things- as a sort of liaison between 3 services. We've learned, like many militaries in the past that there will be a great need for JOINT military planning and execution. There are direct communication between the services rather than they act on their own and in some cases they do finger pointing and blaming in the event of any failures. "JOINT" is really that-- involving and keeping the Services and their respective Chiefs/Admiral/etc.on same page on planning but especially operation level but also of course working with &advising civ. govt. as well. Doesnt mean he the Chairman controls each service but its more just for direction. We've learned in the past that this is a necessity; in fact even in COIN we have to keep the Services constantly updated and they are planning things accordingly (especially Army/PAF, less the Navy).

oh and to answer your question -- a Chairman (4star) heads the Committe and Gen. Wyne is the Chairman. I believe the term is 3 years.

nooray daa nawaa noora drama

bd4fb5a2a618fa7b9db7b0c0d7cd3360.jpg

khamosh! kon baney gaa pakistan ka army chief!
stay tunned!

nooray daa nawaa noora drama

bd4fb5a2a618fa7b9db7b0c0d7cd3360.jpg

khamosh! kon baney gaa pakistan ka army chief!
stay tunned!
Kiyani would prove to be the biggest dumbo if he accepts this status

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom