What's new

Nirbhay’s maiden launch tomorrow

There is nothing like stealth in cruise missiles, such cruise missiles fly below the enemy radar hence difficult to detect but with the radars(awacs, aerostates) in the sky looking toward ground you can easily detect and counter these low flying missiles.

That's why i said invest in brahmos to bring its cost down by producing large numbers. Percentage of detecting these missiles would be far less then subsonic ones.

ANd how would you know i am guessing you have worked in Awacs and operated the radar their and the Army Detected the cruise missile launch or some thing is that a personal opinion or a factual one

"thank you come again" :cheers:

Recent technology can detect fueling of missiles - launch is just an after thought - what do you think those thousands of sats do up there? Every goddamn thing gets monitored.

Brahmous is very expensive and it is also stealthy and pin point but its cost is UP their so Nirbhay is a cheap price Alternative i guess

"thank you come again":cheers:

Nope, Brahmos is meant for the kinetic kill while Nirbhay is terrain hugging missile. It would be almost impossible for brahmos to keep 2.8 mach speed with a terrain hugging capablity. Although a steep dive version has already been tested multiple times.
Moreover, Brahmos has a 300 km range while Nirbhay is 1000kms

All in all, both of them are of different class.

Regards

That's why i said invest in brahmos to bring its cost down by producing large numbers. Percentage of detecting these missiles would be far less then subsonic ones.

Its not like that. Nirbhay was subjected to invent using a re-usable vehicle. As it is stated that it would be potential low flying bomber, that can't be achieved in case of Brahmos. It will need high speed seeker that can process data travelling @3.2 mach which is another complex project.

Nope, Brahmos is meant for the kinetic kill while Nirbhay is terrain hugging missile. It would be almost impossible for brahmos to keep 2.8 mach speed with a terrain hugging capablity. Although a steep dive version has already been tested multiple times.
Moreover, Brahmos has a 300 km range while Nirbhay is 1000kms

All in all, both of them are of different class.

Regards

Its not like that. Nirbhay was subjected to invent using a re-usable vehicle. As it is stated that it would be potential low flying bomber, that can't be achieved in case of Brahmos. It will need high speed seeker that can process data travelling @3.2 mach which is another complex project.

Brahmos block III has 550 km range.....according to sengupta

Brahmos is not similar its a Hypersonic cruise and Nirbhay is subsonic similar to tomahawk in speed only rest of it is every thing is very advance guidance and pinpoint accuracy with enhanced stealth feature of evading radar detection and i think it can only be used on land and sea based platforms why brahmos is land air and sea

"thank you come again":cheers:

Correction:
Brahmos is supersonic (Mach 1 to 5 is supersonic) Achieved Mach 3
Brahmos II will be hypersonic (Mach 5 and above is hypersonic) targeted Mach-7
Nirbhaya is subsonic (<Mach1)

Rest of things you posted is correct...

congrats to India, Hindi and Bangla words have many similarities.
Nirbhay (Hindi)= Nirbhoy (Bangla) = Fearless :D

Both evolved from sanskrit. And FYI, bengali is much more nearer to sanskrit than Hindi.

ontopic: Is it a reusable missile ?
// it is a low flying bomber which can come back to launch site // what does this mean ?

Nirbhay, which looks like an aircraft, can drop bombs. It can be remotely controlled and brought back. In this mission, there are no plans to recover it or use it to drop bombs.

is this true or it is $h!tty journalism???is it really a reusable missile??

@topic...

I wish Nirbhay would have supersonicsprint capability at its terminal phase(just like klub).it would make interception a lot harder..

@topic...

I wish Nirbhay would have supersonicsprint capability at its terminal phase(just like klub).it would make interception a lot harder..

I will go with $h!tty journalism

There is nothing like stealth in cruise missiles, such cruise missiles fly below the enemy radar hence difficult to detect but with the radars(awacs, aerostates) in the sky looking toward ground you can easily detect and counter these low flying missiles.

No, if you want invest in stealth in cruise missile than missile would have more smaller RCS/IR signature, which make cruise missile little harder to detect; just like a stealth craft.

Stealthing a cruise missile is little easier than fighter. But if missile like Brahmose; it is very difficult to reduce its RCS/IR signature, while it also have greater CEP so lower precision. So this type of missile is good for navy where Ships(target) are too big. Thats why before ordering Brahmose army wants better accuracy in Brahmose( blk2 & blk3).

And also these missiles can be stored without any maintenance for years. So no headache of maintenance. While Nirbhay can drop bomb & return to base thats mean it would be reusable. Thats mean cost effectiveness and also have bigger range.

@topic...

I think journalist is wright. There was news from DRDO that they would developed a reusable missile in past. Seeing the missile's structure, my faith is even higher.

Brahmos block III has 550 km range.....according to sengupta

He may be wright, while Brahmose aerospace s/s also confirm that Brahmose would have longer range than stated.

^^^They decided to go for Re-Usable Missile Vehicle in April 2012...So with the kind of Red Tapism involved in our country i strongly doubt they are even able to complete the paper work of the project by know....

@topic...

It looks like Journo got confused between UCAV and Cruise Missile...Kher Nothing Defence Journalist in this part of the world are known for making mountain out of the molehill...

Back
Top Bottom