What's new

Nitish Kumar disowns Ishrat Jahan, denies calling her ‘daughter of Bihar’

IndoCarib

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar today denied describing Ishrat Jahan, who was killed in an encounter in Gujarat, as a “daughter of Bihar” and threatened to sue the media for “putting words into his mouth.” “Show me any piece of evidence that I described Ishrat Jahan as daughter of Bihar?” Kumar told reporters on the sidelines of the ‘Janata Ke Darbar Mein Mukhya Mantri’ programme.

“I have been perusing through records and news clippings to ascertain if I ever used this (describing Ishrat Jahan as a daughter of Bihar). After doing necessary ground work, I will initiate legal action against the media, electronic as well print, for putting words in my mouth to this effect,” he said.

I am very guarded in using words and making comments on anything, and will not tolerate this of putting words in my mouth to defame me,” the Bihar Chief Minister said.

In the wake of David Coleman Headley testifying Ishrat Jahan as a terrorist, the BJP had dug Kumar’s reported old comment describing Jahan, born in Bihar, as a “daughter of Bihar” to hit out at him.

The BJP leaders have on several occasions used the narration to accuse Kumar of appeasing a particular community as part of vote bank politics.

- See more at: Nitish Kumar denies calling Ishrat Jahan ‘daughter of Bihar’, threatens to sue media | The Indian Express

Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar today denied describing Ishrat Jahan, who was killed in an encounter in Gujarat, as a “daughter of Bihar” and threatened to sue the media for “putting words into his mouth.” “Show me any piece of evidence that I described Ishrat Jahan as daughter of Bihar?” Kumar told reporters on the sidelines of the ‘Janata Ke Darbar Mein Mukhya Mantri’ programme.

“I have been perusing through records and news clippings to ascertain if I ever used this (describing Ishrat Jahan as a daughter of Bihar). After doing necessary ground work, I will initiate legal action against the media, electronic as well print, for putting words in my mouth to this effect,” he said.

I am very guarded in using words and making comments on anything, and will not tolerate this of putting words in my mouth to defame me,” the Bihar Chief Minister said.

In the wake of David Coleman Headley testifying Ishrat Jahan as a terrorist, the BJP had dug Kumar’s reported old comment describing Jahan, born in Bihar, as a “daughter of Bihar” to hit out at him.

The BJP leaders have on several occasions used the narration to accuse Kumar of appeasing a particular community as part of vote bank politics.

- See more at: Nitish Kumar denies calling Ishrat Jahan ‘daughter of Bihar’, threatens to sue media | The Indian Express

4th July 2013 Indian Express

Seeking to put erstwhile ally BJP in a spot over the killing of Ishrat Jahan, whose family has roots in Bihar, JD(U) today asked the party to clarify whether it considered the act as an attack on the state's pride. "The Bihar unit of BJP should clarify whether killing of the daughter of Bihar Ishrat Jahan is an attack on state's pride or not. If BJP considers it yes then does it demand that those behind the conspiracy is exposed ?" state JD(U) spokesman Neeraj Kumar told reporters here.

Also BJP on the basis of its experience in running a government should say if such a 'heinous incident' could happen without political backing, he said in a veiled attack on Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi. "Gujarat police has not only murdered daughter of Bihar but by inflicting mental harassment to her family has attacked pride of the state," Kumar said.

Kumar, who is also an MLC, asked all political parties of Bihar to make clear their stand on whether they are committed to playing a role in providing justice to the 'daughter of Bihar' (Ishrat Jahan). JD(U), he said, would not sit quietly on the 'fake' encounter case as it gives top priority to the pride of the state.

It has come to light that Ishrat, gunned down in an alleged fake encounter nine years ago by Gujarat police, was born in Patna and spent her initial years here before her family left for Mumbai 20 years ago. JD(U) Rajya Sabha member Ali Anwar, who has been championing Ishrat's cause, has said since Ishrat hailed from Bihar her killing was a matter of grave concern for its people who want Justice for the daughter of the state.

Nitish Kumar needs to start using google to figure out what he has said and what he has not... Isko Ranchi ke mental hospital me bed reserve karwa lena chahiye... such are the politicians of Bihar.

Attachments

• 1455645168063.jpg
    1455645168063.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 1455645187223.jpg
    1455645187223.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 0
So you latch on to a tweet of some unknown Pakistani ? So why do you think any investigating agency interrogate suspects ? For fun ? Do you think NIA was chatting 'kushal mangal' with Headley ?

Sanjiv bhatt was a Congress pawn and even Supreme Court noted that.
Supreme Court decision exposes Sanjiv Bhatt's 'unclean hands', anti-Modi brigade loses another pawn - Firstpost

the second tweet is not even related to this case.

So you have issues with a tweet of an unknown Pakistani but have no issues with known Pakistani terrorist's statement.

Last edited:
So you have issues with a tweet of an unknown Pakistani but have no issues with known Pakistani terrorist's statement.

For crying out loud the former is frikkin tweet, the latter is a diposition before a court!! May be tweets are gosple truth for you!

Back
Top Bottom