What's new

NLCA NPI completes first ski-jump successfully from SBTF.

None of these things will go to the LCA MK2 (Air Force version), these are naval modifications and will be implemented in the the LCA MK2 design to make the N-LCA MK2, since N-LCA is based on the Air Force version.

That's not correct on many levels, neither has MK2 planned to move the gear bay (at least there is no proof for that from the official brochures), nor does the N-LCA MK1 have the gears in the wing routes, but modified it within the fuselage. They are folding the other way around (compared to the Air Force version) and since they are bigger the fuselage required a modification which resulted in the bulge. We know that the fuselage of the LCA MK2 will be bigger to include changes for the navy, mainly the new engine and additional fuel tanks, but it's likely that they plan with enough space to implement the N-LCA gear without the bulge in N-LCA MK2, but that needs to be seen.

View attachment 177643

B5SCa5kCQAA2Efv.jpg:large

Look at this picture. It seems that they are shifted to wing root as i said. They look totally different from MK1.

Kindly also let us know whether air intakes are larger or not?

Nice, but is it a fighter jet and a passenger plane.

It seems that you have expert level knowledge in aeronautics. From Which school did you learn such a deep knowledge in aeronautics?

Look at this picture. It seems that they are shifted to wing root as i said. They look totally different from MK1.

They fold out differently, because it's a complete different set of gears, the point however is, that it still remains in the fuselage, unlike the Gripen NG once.

Kindly also let us know whether air intakes are larger or not?

No, there shouldn't be different intakes, between the Air Force and Naval vesions, since the engines are the same.

They fold out differently, because it's a complete different set of gears, the point however is, that it still remains in the fuselage, unlike the Gripen NG once.

No, there shouldn't be different intakes, between the Air Force and Naval vesions, since the engines are the same.

Hi Sancho,

yesterday there was an article of Hrinarayan praising Tejas. The article stated that plane is very good but have some issues with wing and structure. I want to ask you whether we can redesign the wing and replace that with existing one to improve the performance? Other issues related to structure may take a long time to redesign and resolve. If we change the wings, how much performance improvement can be expected?

Hi Sancho,

yesterday there was an article of Hrinarayan praising Tejas. The article stated that plane is very good but have some issues with wing and structure. I want to ask you whether we can redesign the wing and replace that with existing one to improve the performance? Other issues related to structure may take a long time to redesign and resolve. If we change the wings, how much performance improvement can be expected?

Was away for some days, so need to get up to date with the recent news, can you show me the link to that article. From what I understand (amateur opionion), the wing is too large and causes too much drag, which is one part of the performance problem, but a complete redesign is obviously not what they want, since that takes far too much time and would risk the whole project. It is stated that even the addition of more hardpoints would require a re-design and therefor the MK2 will have the same wings as the MK1, which limits the modifications to the fuselage only.

Was away for some days, so need to get up to date with the recent news, can you show me the link to that article. From what I understand (amateur opionion), the wing is too large and causes too much drag, which is one part of the performance problem, but a complete redesign is obviously not what they want, since that takes far too much time and would risk the whole project. It is stated that even the addition of more hardpoints would require a re-design and therefor the MK2 will have the same wings as the MK1, which limits the modifications to the fuselage only.

Please find here with the article.

Father of ‘Tejas’ World’s smartest Fighter plane of its class wows Nagpur Engineers | idrw.org

Any changes in wing design to improve performance is well comed.

Back
Top Bottom