What's new

No ammo, air defence obsolete: Army Chief to PM

1. Still not effective, IMHO. And anyway, these are with the IAF and not IA. The chief is talking about protecting the advancing coloumns.

2. The IA chief has to think of many other places other than Delhi. For IA, S 300 means nothing on the actual battle line.

3. Perhaps and that is why the good general just wants to speed it up.

4. I'll have to recheck my data. I guess you know better .

5. No way, bro!

6 It is a crying need which needs to be taken as seriously as possible.

1. Still not effective, IMHO. And anyway, these are with the IAF and not IA. The chief is talking about protecting the advancing coloumns.

2. The IA chief has to think of many other places other than Delhi. For IA, S 300 means nothing on the actual battle line.

3. Perhaps and that is why the good general just wants to speed it up.

4. I'll have to recheck my data. I guess you know better .

5. No way, bro!

6 It is a crying need which needs to be taken as seriously as possible.

The Chief should also take into account his large stock of igla derivatives..
And the effectiveness of the Shilka.
speed it up for what?
Is India going to war tomorrow? Unless there is an immediate threat(considering the recent peace overtures by both Pakistan and china.. I dont think so).

I maintain my PoV.. its simple inter-service rivalry fuelled by the IA's own internal lack of vision and organization when it comes to streamlining procurement.

One should ask him, IF your allegations are true, what did you have done against it in the last few years? Why IA's procurement of SR SAMs is still delayed, why didn't they simply bought the same system as a stopgap that IAF is buying, if the situation is really so difficult?...
At the end he is in charge and he should do anything to speed up the modernisation, but the fact is IA is the force which has the biggest "internal" problems when it comes to modernisation. This is nothing than a try to distract from the bad press he got in the last few month and to put pressure on defence ministry.

Modernization of armed forces is not an easy task, not because of the ToT but because of the system we follow. Trial happens, price negotiation(in case of non Indian firm)

The file has to pass through more than 4-5 SO, then same number of undersecretary, then deputy s, etc etc and etc. till it reaches the secretory then the Minister, simultaneously through ranks in the armed forces till it reaches the Chief.
This alone takes a year or two. When will our forces get the weapon, when will they get trained on it, together it takes 3-4 years.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom