What's new

Featured No Buyers For Rafale Jets: Why Almost Every Country Dumped French Rafales Except India?

That's still 2x more expensive!
Seriously with this price for a 4.5 Gen fighter, how on earth that happened?

Complaining about how much a country paid for their military inventory is not going to stop them from using their assets. You are better off talking about its capabilities. When an aircraft comes at you, the price nor the paint job will stop it from attacking you, using all of its capabilities.

Complaining about how much a country paid for their military inventory is not going to stop them from using their assets. You are better off talking about its capabilities. When an aircraft comes at you, the price nor the paint job will stop it from attacking you, using all of its capabilities.
it's quite funny to read all the "overpriced" bs about the Rafales from a certain gang here.

an undisclosed or classified number of munitions have also been ordered alongside the jet itself, add to that the training costs, both for air as well as ground crews and other factors.

I'm of the opinion that India made the right choice, the Rafale is best in class and soundly beat the competition, and has proven it's worth in real life as well as in exercises with friendlies.

that paint job thread is beyond pathetic in just how self defeating it is.

as the French would say.. oh là là !

Indians are very smart my friend, they know very well that Pakistan doesn't have money to buy top of the line fighter jets for example Eurofighter, F-35. F-18 etc nor anyone offer to Pakistan because of "Muslim" tag. So what Pakistan can actually do with its limited number of resources and budget? obviously try to grab western avionics when it comes to fighter jets. Which country has the capability, capacity, and experiences of the manufacturing world's best avionics and third party mil hardware? as far as I know France other than Americans and Russians. So, by signing this deal India has blocked the 2nd option for Pakistan in terms of avionics and we had witnessed in JF17 thunder case.

Hint: The mid-life upgradation of PN 90B contract signed btw Pakistan and "TURKEY" not France ;)
bye bye French!

That's why I keep repeating. Those Pakistanis who do not expose India, let go of the proofs of its involvement in Terrorists activities, are treacherous enemies of Pakistan. They should be charged for treachery and treason.
Examples are Nawaz and Zardari.

it's quite funny to read all the "overpriced" bs about the Rafales from a certain gang here.

an undisclosed or classified number of munitions have also been ordered alongside the jet itself, add to that the training costs, both for air as well as ground crews and other factors.

I'm of the opinion that India made the right choice, the Rafale is best in class and soundly beat the competition, and has proven it's worth in real life as well as in exercises with friendlies.

that paint job thread is beyond pathetic in just how self defeating it is.

as the French would say.. oh là là !
I still dont think that the price tag is right. Well i couldnt believe it at first, i kept on checking the Conversion Rates and it was freaking 8 Billion Dollars! Good Lord! What use is a Jet if the equipment and Ordinance isnt upto the mark? Everyone, Even Pakistan buys the Weapons for the Jets. It isnt anything new or special. I would never believe that if a Rafale is lets say a 100 Million Dollars(Over Estimate) than the weaponry for each jet would be 150 Million? Thats just insane. Indian Establishment isnt stupid, there is definitely something else going on here. But let me tell you, A Major letdown/Drawback was when Indian plans got delayed. Their “Arch Enemy” Pakistan had plenty of time to tear a Rafale screw to screw in Qatar. I think the 100 Million Indians about to lose their jobs might have had benefited from this Money. I dont think anyone lets modi Near the Defense procurement programs. The Establishment decides and of course the Ambanis.

I still dont think that the price tag is right. Well i couldnt believe it at first, i kept on checking the Conversion Rates and it was freaking 8 Billion Dollars! Good Lord! What use is a Jet if the equipment and Ordinance isnt upto the mark? Everyone, Even Pakistan buys the Weapons for the Jets. It isnt anything new or special. I would never believe that if a Rafale is lets say a 100 Million Dollars(Over Estimate) than the weaponry for each jet would be 150 Million? Thats just insane. Indian Establishment isnt stupid, there is definitely something else going on here. But let me tell you, A Major letdown/Drawback was when Indian plans got delayed. Their “Arch Enemy” Pakistan had plenty of time to tear a Rafale screw to screw in Qatar. I think the 100 Million Indians about to lose their jobs might have had benefited from this Money. I dont think anyone lets modi Near the Defense procurement programs. The Establishment decides and of course the Ambanis.
what makes you think the ordnance isn't up to the mark ?

guys like you and me will never know the true effective range and capabilities of that ordinance

but by all accounts... that's some pretty srs ordinance right there, numbers undisclosed, classified... it adds to the procurement costs.

haha, interesting you mention Qatar.. I had something to say about this espionage and cloak and dagger business in another thread. Yeh mazeydaar thread padho :)

Excuse me ... yes because of your flipping change in govt... one set of officials did not get; the french were obliged to pay double. That is why!.

Go clean up your shit first. Then your gupta agents tried to hijack our govt as well.

Denel was caught bribing the officials. Its as straight forward as that - you can spin it however you want. By the way the ban on denel was lifted - but i doubt indian officials will touch it with barge pole.

Denel was caught bribing the officials. Its as straight forward as that - you can spin it however you want. By the way the ban on denel was lifted - but i doubt indian officials will touch it with barge pole.
says the people who started the cricket bribes.
really.... you keep buying our mine proof vehicles for deployment to kashmir. before you write check the reality.
if it was not for the casspirs, your toll in kashmir would be astronomical.
I guess you were not born when bofors scandal blew up. so grow up.

No other nation will let you configure the jet to carry nuclear weapons. And the initial buyer of Eurofighter is shelving their jets because of high maintenance, that speaks a lot about about it's availability during times of crisis.
tranche 1 is purely an air superiority jet where as tranche 2/3 are multirole so it makes sense for them to have less of fighters that can do more

So what Pakistan can actually do with its limited number of resources and budget? obviously try to grab western avionics when it comes to fighter jets.
I believe JF-17 performed adequately with Chinese avionics in Feb last year. Perhaps, just like USA, it was time to go for other choices rather than French. Apart from french, the avionics for JF-17 also had options from UK and Italy, however Chinese avionics were chosen long before Rafale won the MMRCA competition.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom