What's new

No Chinese soldiers along LoC in Pakistan Azad Kashmir: Pak

angeldemon_007

Reaction score
And we should believe this....???/

Pakistan on Thursday described as "totally baseless", media reports about the presence of Chinese soldiers along the Line of Control (L0C) in Pakistan occupied Kashmir (). Foreign office spokesperson Tehmina Janjua told a weekly news briefing that there was no basis for the reports in the indian media.

"This is the most absurd piece of information I have heard. It is totally baseless," she said.

Janjua was responding to a question about India's external affairs ministry seeking a report from the defence ministry about the presence of Chinese soldiers along the Line of Control.

The media reports had quoted Northern Command chief Lt Gen K T Parnaik as saying that Chinese troops were present along the LoC and posed a military challenge to India.

Referring to the resumption of dialogue between India and Pakistan, Janjua said the process of engagement was "moving ahead" and the commerce secretaries of the two countries will meet in Islamabad on April 27–28.

Dates for a meeting between the additional secretaries and surveyors general to discuss the Sir Creek border dispute are expected to be finalised shortly, she said.

No dates have been decided as yet for a meeting of the defence secretaries, who will address the Siachen issue, she added.

"We are confident that these talks will be imbued by a spirit of enlightened national interests on both sides. I must underscore that Pakistan attaches considerable importance to the dialogue process," she said.

Asked if the issue of giving India access to Pakistan for trade with Afghanistan would be discussed in the upcoming meeting of commerce secretaries, Janjua said this matter "has been adequately addressed in the Afghanistan-Pakistan Transit Trade Agreement."

The transit trade pact allows Afghanistan to transport its goods to India through Pakistani territory. However, Afghan trucks are not allowed to carry Indian goods via Pakistan.

Responding to another question about foreign secretary Nirupama Rao's remarks that India is willing to send its cricket team to Pakistan, Janjua said, "Any sporting event between two countries, especially neighbours, is welcome. As for the specific matter of any visit taking place, we have no such information."

No Chinese soldiers along LoC in Pakistan occupied Kashmir: Pak - Hindustan Times

Too close for comfort

Two years ago, a ministry of defence (MoD) report had stated that “the possibility of China and Pakistan joining forces in India’s farthest frontiers, illegally occupied by the two neighbours, would have direct military implications for India”. This possibility became real when last week, the Northern army.

Commander confirmed that Chinese troops are present on the Pakistani side of the Line of Control (LoC).
The Chinese troops aren’t pointing guns towards our posts on the LoC, but the fact that they are located and working alongside Pakistani troops reflects ‘joint’ interest and enhancement of strategic and operational preparedness.

What the Northern Army Commander has stated is not new. The Chinese military presence in Gilgit-Baltistan area of Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (), purportedly to repair, upgrade and re-commission the Karakoram Highway and to improve infrastructure in the area became visible last year. His statement and concern supplement prior information.

It’s also known that China plans to construct railway tracks and oil pipelines from Kashgar in Xinjiang to Gwadar port in Pakistan.

When Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao addressed both houses of Pakistan Parliament in December 2010, he said, “To cement and advance the all-weather strategic partnership of cooperation between China and Pakistan is our common strategic choice…” Talking to the media after Wen’s address, Pakistan’s interior minister Rehman Malik had described it as a strong message to the “enemies of Pakistan”.

According to the Indian defence ministry, the length of the India-China border is 4,056 km. This includes the whole of the western sector including Aksai Chin, and the Shaksgam valley (ceded by Pakistan to China in an India-disputed agreement in March 1963). For reasons still not clear, in a statement in the Chinese daily Global Times on December 14, 2010, the Indian ambassador to China put the border length to be 3,488 km.

While publishing the interview, the publication added its own comment: “There is no settled length of the common border. The Chinese government often refers to the border length as being about 2,000 km.” By reducing the length in its definition of the border, China has questioned Indian sovereignty over J&K.

Without going into details of other security and sovereignty related issues between India and China in Tibet and the Indian Ocean, it is obvious that as China develops greater national power, geo-politically and strategically it will become more aggressive and create new pressures on the border issue.

China is known to be assertive in its diplomacy over security and military issues. It will attempt to exploit our diplomatic appeasement postures and defence weaknesses on the ground to its advantage.

India-China economic and security relations are moving in opposite trajectories. The competitive relationship over our long-term security interests outweighs the cooperative one in trade, commerce and culture. India can’t afford to let the latest developments go uncontested diplomatically. In the interest of its own security and Asian stability, it must build a sympathetic international lobby.

In the coming financial year, China plans to spend $91.6 billion on defence. This does not include its budget for internal security. India’s approved defence budget this year is $34 billion. India must pay greater attention to its defence preparedness, particularly on the north-western borders. There is an urgent need to build defence infrastructure along the northern border.

According to media reports, our border road building programmes in the north are running three years behind schedule. Along with making up for shortages and replacing obsolescent weapon systems at the earliest, we must build rapid reaction military capability for all underdeveloped areas in the Himalayas. India must not become complacent as we did before 1962.

Too close for comfort - Hindustan Times

And we should believe this....???/

Pakistan on Thursday described as "totally baseless", media reports about the presence of Chinese soldiers along the Line of Control (L0C) in Pakistan occupied Kashmir (). Foreign office spokesperson Tehmina Janjua told a weekly news briefing that there was no basis for the reports in the indian media.

"This is the most absurd piece of information I have heard. It is totally baseless," she said.

Janjua was responding to a question about India's external affairs ministry seeking a report from the defence ministry about the presence of Chinese soldiers along the Line of Control.

The media reports had quoted Northern Command chief Lt Gen K T Parnaik as saying that Chinese troops were present along the LoC and posed a military challenge to India.

Referring to the resumption of dialogue between India and Pakistan, Janjua said the process of engagement was "moving ahead" and the commerce secretaries of the two countries will meet in Islamabad on April 27–28.

Dates for a meeting between the additional secretaries and surveyors general to discuss the Sir Creek border dispute are expected to be finalised shortly, she said.

No dates have been decided as yet for a meeting of the defence secretaries, who will address the Siachen issue, she added.

"We are confident that these talks will be imbued by a spirit of enlightened national interests on both sides. I must underscore that Pakistan attaches considerable importance to the dialogue process," she said.

Asked if the issue of giving India access to Pakistan for trade with Afghanistan would be discussed in the upcoming meeting of commerce secretaries, Janjua said this matter "has been adequately addressed in the Afghanistan-Pakistan Transit Trade Agreement."

The transit trade pact allows Afghanistan to transport its goods to India through Pakistani territory. However, Afghan trucks are not allowed to carry Indian goods via Pakistan.

Responding to another question about foreign secretary Nirupama Rao's remarks that India is willing to send its cricket team to Pakistan, Janjua said, "Any sporting event between two countries, especially neighbours, is welcome. As for the specific matter of any visit taking place, we have no such information."

No Chinese soldiers along LoC in Pakistan occupied Kashmir: Pak - Hindustan Times

:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

is that not what the chini said when the world asked about SARS ? "no SARS here nobody dying" said the chiniman.

chini man lie - you berry berry bad

Getting those last tax deductions in there Jay?

Come on, you can take a break now. Have some coffee. :coffee:

Working too long may cause hand problems and back problems, you know?

is that not what the chini said when the world asked about SARS ? "no SARS here nobody dying" said the chiniman.

:lol: I have never seen such "anti-china/communism" dedication. Whats the story behind this bro?

:hitwall::hitwall:

whats your problem man?

be civil.

:hitwall::hitwall:

whats your problem man?

be civil.

Be civil when you facing one with civil behavior. I tell you a story of the great Prithvi Raj Chauhan. He was civil to ghauri after defeating him in panipat and allowed him to run away unharmed......and how did he pay back??? you can consult google.

Be civil when you facing one with civil behavior. I tell you a story of the great Prithvi Raj Chauhan. He was civil to ghauri after defeating him in panipat and allowed him to run away unharmed......and how did he pay back??? you can consult google.

Ghauri what a great man, I have seen his Mazar near Gujar Khan he really showed them indian's - what a sweet and spectacular victory that was, is what made the Punjab a bastion of Muslim's

Ghauri what a great man, I have seen his Mazar near Gujar Khan he really showed them indian's - what a sweet and spectacular victory that was, is what made the Punjab a bastion of Muslim's

yups with a series of rapes and plundering of non muslims..... He was one hell of a ahsaan faramosh who attacked after being spared.... I guess chanakya was always right never be merciful to your enemy

yups with a series of rapes and plundering of non muslims..... He was one hell of a ahsaan faramosh who attacked after being spared.... I guess chanakya was always right never be merciful to your enemy

Your judging a person who lived hundred's of years ago, with modern morality, face it - back then warrior's had to be ruthless, and that was the same for indian kings etc.

Your judging a person who lived hundred's of years ago, with modern morality, face it - back then warrior's had to be ruthless, and that was the same for indian kings etc.

let me give you example of morality of muslim warrios only. Let me know how many of them plundered the way he did. Akbar, tipu sultan, muhammed bin qasim, and above all prophet himself.... Selective morality aint good

let me give you example of morality of muslim warrios only. Let me know how many of them plundered the way he did. Akbar, tipu sultan, muhammed bin qasim, and above all prophet himself.... Selective morality aint good

Of course not, so you are telling me that the indian kings of that time - never raped - never slaughtered the vanquished, do bare in mind - that this was a brutal age, when the vanquished were summarily executed.

Of course not, so you are telling me that the indian kings of that time - never raped - never slaughtered the vanquished, do bare in mind - that this was a brutal age, when the vanquished were summarily executed.

And how many of them are as glorified as Ghauri in pakistan.....

Ghauri was given psuedo glorific image in pakistan by the education system so that masses can be made into belive that india can be plundered the same way ghauri did (add islamic masala of he being a muslim though he was just another human being being muslim didnt made him superhuman, but yes there is a habit i have come across in this forum quoting that

lets discuss this at the relevent thread. let me try and find some good article on him and then we can discuss

And how many of them are as glorified as Ghauri in pakistan.....

Ghauri was given psuedo glorific image in pakistan by the education system so that masses can be made into belive that india can be plundered the same way ghauri did (add islamic masala of he being a muslim though he was just another human being being muslim didnt made him superhuman, but yes there is a habit i have come across in this forum quoting that

lets discuss this at the relevent thread. let me try and find some good article on him and then we can discuss

You are making assumptions about my country's education system, which is here say, the fact of the matter is Ghauri was a warrior in a brutal age, where human beings did all sorts.

I will give you an example, Julius Caesar is highly respected in Europe, the Czar's of Russia, and all the subsequent Roman Emperor's were called Caesar, but do you know how brutal he could be, but people over there even to this day celebrate his military genius. By the way the month of "JULY" is named after him.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom