What's new

No Pakistan artists on Indian soil: MNS, Shiv Sena

Fuego

BANNED
Reaction score
The Hindu : News / National : No Pakistan artists on Indian soil: MNS, Shiv Sena

Yet another cultural disruption in Indo-Pak ties is in the offing with the Raj Thackeray-led Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) and the Shiv Sena playing party poopers, threatening to obstruct the broadcast and the shoot of the musical reality show ‘Sur Kshetra’, a programme by the channel Sahara One to be aired on the entertainment channel, Colors TV.

On Friday, MNS chief Raj Thackeray preferred a blunt warning to Pakistan artists taking part in the show, stating that the MNS would continue opposing performance of artists across the border till Pakistan stopped sponsoring terror strikes against India.

“If anything happens to the shoot despite our warning, then the MNS cadres are not responsible for the occurrence,” he warned.

The cinema wing of the MNS had earlier written to legendary singer Asha Bhosle, urging her not to take part in shows that featured artistes from Pakistan.

Ms. Bhosle, along with Pakistan singer Abida Parveen and Bangladesh singer Runa Laila, are to participate as judges in the show which is set to commence on September 8, which would also feature stalwarts like Ghulam Ali, Hadiqa Kiani and Sajjad Ali from Pakistan.

Ms. Bhosle, on her part stated she was not interested in politics, remarking that she only understood the language of music.

“I don't like politics and don't understand it. I love Raj Thackeray irrespective of what he thinks of me. I love Maharashtra and I am a Maharashtrian,” Ms. Bhosle said, adding that she believed in the motto of ‘atithi devo bhava’ (guest is god).

Targeting Ms. Bhosle, Mr. Thackeray caustically remarked whether she would welcome Pakistani terrorist Ajmal Amir Kasab as a guest too.

“While I have great respect for Ashatai, are there not enough artists in the country? Why not develop home-grown talent for such shows?” remarked the MNS chief at a function of his party cadres here.

Shiv Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray said the Shiv Sena would not tolerate artists from Pakistan on Indian soil until relations between the two countries were normalised.

Sena cadres also staged a protest outside the World Trade Centre, where an expo from Pakistan was being held.

No indian movies on Pakistani soil...
??

Ahh well MNS has been doing this rhetoric for a long time.......ahh but life goes, films will be made and foriegn nationals will become Bolly Actors............

No indian movies on Pakistani soil...
??

nothing changes, majority of revenue for bolly films comes from India itself + foreign markets like UK & US, Pakistani collections for bollywood is like 'peanuts' :D

Actually banning the films in Pakistan increases it's revenue in India, people think there will be some anti-Pakistani scenes in the film (like sunny pajji's performance in Border, Hero etc. ;) ) :lol:

Thats impossible .... pakistanis are die-hard fans of bollywood movies and music . thats a fact

Well count me out Coz im die-hard fan of Hollywood and English music. Give me the name of One Bolly movie that can rival and counter Holly movie.

Well count me out Coz im die-hard fan of Hollywood and English music. Give me the name of One Bolly movie that can rival and counter Holly movie.

3 IDIOTS......

ALL IS WELL......................... :D

Sadly most of your countrymen dont think like you. They know Shah Rukh Khan and Amitabh Bacchhan better than Johnny Depp or Richard Gere.

“If anything happens to the shoot despite our warning, then the MNS cadres are not responsible for the occurrence,” he warned.

Someone needs to tell this idiot that only yesterday a Mumbai court slapped Raza Academy with 2 crore rupees bill for their bravado.
Govt & Mumbai police has been lenient with these MNS & Sena clowns. It's all okay to stand for the rights of people & the country...but not with an undertone of goondagiri mentality.

Someone needs to tell this idiot that only yesterday a Mumbai court slapped Raza Academy with 2 crore rupees bill for their bravado.
Govt & Mumbai police has been lenient with these MNS & Sena clowns. It's all okay to stand for the rights of people & the country...but not with an undertone of goondagiri mentality.
You're right but this time I support this terrorist Thakeray.

I think now they should give up. Indian Government has opened Banks to trade in India now.

I think there will be no stopping to it. Bigger things are legal now, actors and actresses are small fish.

Back
Top Bottom