What's new

No Pakistani players in IPL 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dil ke khush rakhne ko...galib har wahiyat khayal achha hai

One thing should be clear to all Pakistani's lalit modi and BCCI would have not wanted this for sure. It happened because buisness got involved, they do not want to put their money on players that might not be available.

IPL done right thing by not picking pakistani players. IPL is all about business. Why would IPL waste money on players that might risk IPL profit. What if tomarrow another 26/11 attack happens? Will pakistani players would come india? Would they risk their life by facing victim indian people? i have seen shahid afridi comment. i was bit shocked. i mean he was part of IPL before. Didn't he? What was his record in that? Less than 10 average? India didnt pick present australian players too. IPL is business and not toy to fullfil other countries need. IPL will do what profits them.

One thing should be clear to all Pakistani's lalit modi and BCCI would have not wanted this for sure. It happened because buisness got involved, they do not want to put their money on players that might not be available.

My friend the point is that it does make a lot of business sense if the players are granted Visas...not blaming BCCI but once some sort of permission was granted by PCB and BCCI had no issues, then keeping in mind current situation it would have been a good gesture on part of both governments to facilitate...i do not think it would have had any negative impact.

With current situation both governments should be resorting to healthy exchanges to restore normalcy.
Cricket is a major passion of both the people...even though i was skeptical of the concept of cricket diplomacy, i firsthand saw it working recently in the past, at least to the level that many in both countries asked the question of why we cannot achieve peaceful co existence.

It really was a big change and prompted many cultural exchanges.
A positive environment was created but eventually due to a series of unfortunate events we are again at daggers drawn despite many wishing for peace.

Life goes on and this will pass but it was another opportunity lost...for cricket and maybe for promoting peace.

^^^^^

very well said !- you said it all "All Green" .. I cannot agree more with you.
I guess the only thing is ..IPL owners were nervous ..abt what if they do not get the player ..even though they paid, same they did with Aussie players

I welcome this decision.

IPL money and Jihad against India cannot go in hands.

First stop anti-Indian activities then come to us for money.

The Pakistani reactions are tight slaps on the faces of those who used to say that IPL needs Pakistani players more than the Pakistani players need IPL.

It seems that the Pakistani players need all the money and glamour which unfotunately no league other than IPL can provide them.

GB

IPL done right thing by not picking pakistani players. IPL is all about business. Why would IPL waste money on players that might risk IPL profit. What if tomarrow another 26/11 attack happens? Will pakistani players would come india? Would they risk their life by facing victim indian people? i have seen shahid afridi comment. i was bit shocked. i mean he was part of IPL before. Didn't he? What was his record in that? Less than 10 average? India didnt pick present australian players too. IPL is business and not toy to fullfil other countries need. IPL will do what profits them.

My friend, first introduce yourself in the introduction thread instead of straightaway jumping into the fray.

Regarding facing the Indian victims, Afridi and the Pakistani citizens did not orchestrate Mumbai, Pakistan has suffered thousands upon thousands of casualties at the hands of the terrorists who have an agenda of chaos, death and destruction.
We hate the terrorists more than anyone so stop linking our sportsmen to terrorism...they have nothing to be ashamed of in front of any Indian victim...we all condemn such acts of cowardice and barbarism...who better than us to understand what it means to lose our innocents to terrorism?

Those who were responsible for Mumbai are all condemned to hell, as are the ones who are murdering innocent Pakistanis by the thousands...they are all the worst kind of people...

It is however these very global terrorist organizations who desperately need India and Pakistan to go to war because they are being squeezed and need to create space for themselves.

Best thing is to let people to people exchanges happen and actually promote them so as to make the common man understand that they can see each other in a different light, rather than as enemies...

My friend, first introduce yourself in the introduction thread instead of straightaway jumping into the fray.

Regarding facing the Indian victims, Afridi and the Pakistani citizens did not orchestrate Mumbai, Pakistan has suffered thousands upon thousands of casualties at the hands of the terrorists who have an agenda of chaos, death and destruction.
We hate the terrorists more than anyone so stop linking our sportsmen to terrorism...they have nothing to be ashamed of in front of any Indian victim...we all condemn such acts of cowardice and barbarism...who better than us to understand what it means to lose our innocents to terrorism?

Those who were responsible for Mumbai are all condemned to hell, as are the ones who are murdering innocent Pakistanis by the thousands...they are all the worst kind of people...

It is however these very global terrorist organizations who desperately need India and Pakistan to go to war because they are being squeezed and need to create space for themselves.

Best thing is to let people to people exchanges happen and actually promote them so as to make the common man understand that they can see each other in a different light, rather than as enemies...

Post 2008 Mumbai attacks the Indian people didnot wanted Pakistani players in IPL. Many also wanted to ban Pakistani artists and music.

IPL 2009 despite of not being in India Pakistani players were not allowed.

IPL 2010 is going to India. If the franchisee buy them and later they cannot play those players if the people protested then what is the use of investing on Pakistani players in IPL?

IPL is all about money and business. If you cant play Pakistani players, why invest money on them?

Afridi and the Pakistani citizens did not orchestrate Mumbai

But the same Afridi and Pakistani people support Kashmiri Militiants and organizations such as LeT etc. After arrests of Lakhvi and company people of Pakistan protested. After banning JuD people of Pakistan protested.

Pakistan media and Zahid Hamid carried out false propaganda post 26/11 that the attackers were Hindu Indians and the attacks were staged by India itself.

Don't distance people of Pakistan from organizations like LeT. All LeT members and militiants are Pakistani and the most of the money that they get is from donations of Pakistani Awam or from secret GOP funds.

GB

Post 2008 Mumbai attacks the Indian people didnot wanted Pakistani players in IPL. Many also wanted to ban Pakistani artists and music.

IPL 2010 is going to India. If the franchisee buy them and later they cannot play those players if the people protested then what is the use of investing on Pakistani players in IPL?

IPL is all about money and business. If you cant play Pakistani players, why invest money on them?

But the same Afridi and Pakistani people support Kashmiri Militiants and organizations such as LeT etc. After arrests of Lakhvi and company people of Pakistan protested. After banning JuD people of Pakistan protested.

Pakistan media and Zahid Hamid carried out false propaganda post 26/11 that the attackers were Hindu Indians and the attacks were staged by India itself.

Don't distance people of Pakistan from organizations like LeT. All LeT members and militiants are Pakistani and the most of the money that they get is from donations of Pakistani Awam or from secret GOP funds.

GB

thats what we are saying man :hitwall: stop mixing sports with Politics :flame::flame::flame:

the reason why Pakistani players were not allowed to play are mentioned in your post and just re-read and u will find we were not allowed due to this dirty politics :flame: and like one of the other dear member/mod said (i think taimikhan) 26/11 is he said, she said issue...... don't mix that with sports for god sake

I welcome this decision.

IPL money and Jihad against India cannot go in hands.

First stop anti-Indian activities then come to us for money.

The Pakistani reactions are tight slaps on the faces of those who used to say that IPL needs Pakistani players more than the Pakistani players need IPL.

It seems that the Pakistani players need all the money and glamour which unfotunately no league other than IPL can provide them.

GB

It is a pity if this is how you see things.
I care two hoots for the money given to the players, it is about peace that educated people or sensible people care about.

Pakistan and India both are anti each other due to lack of positive people to people interactions...the anti Pakistan and anti India sentiments cannot just fade away till a deliberate effort is made to explore all avenues to promote normalcy.

The reasons for our dislike are a consequence of mutual mistrust in the first place...all means should be explored in removing the mistrust and negative sentiments prevalent.

Such cultural and people to people events can be pivotal in promoting peace in the long run.

Cricket is a mutual passion and cricket diplomacy has been a successful enough formula to merit attention.

Previously all of you used to say that IPL needs Pakistani players more than the Pakistani players need IPL, now you are crying foul?

If you have got so much problem why not start an own Pakistani Premier league and destroy IPL once for all?

Such cultural and people to people events can be pivotal in promoting peace in the long run.

Any idea for how many years Bollywood was banned in Pakistan?

Besides...........

Post 1988 cricket diplomacy there was Operation Topac which was initiated in Kashmir by Gen.Zia.

Post Delhi-Lahore Bus service there was Kargil which was initiated by GOP.

Post IPL 2008 (Pakistani players included) there was 26/11.

GB

Last edited:
two threads talking about same thing so please merge it :)

I don't understand what my Indian friends are trying to claim....... first they said Players were selected on merit hence could not fill up the criteria..... later on some other members came and said no they do fill up the criteria but were not selected due to lack of slots available..... later on they said no its due to non-availability and GoI has nothing to do with it....... later on.... ahh man keep your words.... or close this useless thread now..... no use to discussing again n again

GB

LET is banned in Pakistan and heavily involved in butchering innocent Pakistanis in many attacks.
JUD is not the same as LET though some people formerly associated with LET are in JUD...however these people declared that they are not LET supporters and want to tow a peaceful agenda...
JUD was involved heavily in Kashmir rescue efforts after the earthquake...they did a marvelous job and that is first hand account.
My own friends and cousins worked with these guys so i can tell you that JUD is certainly a charity as far as their work is concerned.

Regarding Hafiz Saeed, there is no evidence except what Kassab says...you cannot arrest and charge him without solid evidence...he was arrested without evidence as part of a temporary detention law which is time limited...it maybe that he is part of it, but without evidence the courts ordered his release...

This happens in all parts of the world if process is followed, the GHQ attacker was captured years ago by agencies based on suspicion after the tragic bombing on Marriott hotel but without evidence he had to be released eventually...now look what he did later...you think he was released deliberately?

I understand the anger India felt and when Saeed was named all hate is diverted towards him, however one must realize that if there was solid evidence linking him to LET planned attack...there is no way he would not be behind bars.
There can be many possibilities...
What if LET wants to implicate JUD which has renounced LET?
What if it is all a plan by Al Qaeda to ensure that Pakistan and India go to war or at least are so much involved in hating each other that this region remains a stronghold of terrorists?
This is not a simple matter and Pakistan is not stupid to carry out such an obvious terrorist operation using its own citizens!

Let us not bring it to this thread, you can PM me for further discussion or you can post on the thread on Saeed.

The hate is bred further and further by our choice to remain aloof and distant...

There are many others who were not purchased besides Pakistani players. I dont understand the hoopla at all.

Brad Haddin, Doug Bollinger, Monty Panesar, Geame Swann are some of them.

They are not complaining bias.

Even Bangladeshi and Sri Lankan players are bought by the IPL teams.

GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom