What's new

No, thank you: Nepal asks India to not send old clothes as relief

These Nepalese are out of their mind expecting new clothes from India where 23% population lives below poverty line.

Another day, another comic attempt to downplay India in Nepal. It has ceased to be funny and now its just sad. :(

Intellectually challenged or disingenuous people who don't know the difference between GoI and NGOs aside, I would like to find if this is really the sentiment of the people on the ground or some silly Nepal government officials.

On topic, there is a saying, 'beggars can't be choosers'. The arrogance to reject 'used' clothing when a third of your already poor country has been shattered and you have no ability to help yourself is just astounding.

This is not a big a matter, actually not even worth anyone serious reacting to, but it is surprising. One would think that they would be grateful for whatever help they get, but th world is made of strange people, I can only hope this is a small section and not representative of Nepalese people in general.
Great post, a nice summary of my feelings.

There is a wide spread agitation among Nepali people that their government was mute spectator to all that is happening around them.
That is their problem, to spit in the face of those who are there to help you, as they are doing, is beyond disgusting in my opinion

how pathetic people are here on this forum they just insulting other country's efforts to help other country.They are mocking each other look we are closer to Nepal.Be human people be human.Stop posting these useless stories you can do better than this in the name of bhagwan/allah/god

So if I get it correct, people don't want open heart charity in tough times, rather they want showroom product of Levis and pepe? In situation like this people should be lucky enough to have neighbor like India who is doing all sort of help without any begging or request.

This is seriously too much asking for new cloths although most of them don't have roof above there heads, If i were in this situation i would have accepted all the help i could have got.

I wonder .. what kind of donations were made by Gaddafi cheerleaders.

if gaddafi cheerleaders cannot airlift 5 tons of clothing, does it mean indian government also shouldn't??

Why? India owes Nepal NOTHING

for the sake of humanity, is what would come to mind.

there are thousands of people in kathmandu alone who i believe are staying out in the cold... would indian government rather prefer not buying up clothing for these refugees in the immediate and let the clothing industry of south india earn income by selling and let the government tax them to earn money in six months time to buy more foreign weapons??

image.raw

they are hardly being gracious as it stands.

you very well know how indian tv channels have been obscene about the earthquake coverage... i have seen zee news cover demolished temples for two days while at least 4500 people had been declared dead by then and there were riots in kathmandu for food and water... this last wasn't covered by sangh-affiliated media like zee news.

natural for nepal to react against indian media.

@utraash :laughcry:I am already get over from that organization.

Jaan chuti bhai:nana:

Kab huyi ye shubh ghatna ? Kis team me tha yaar TNG UNOC or something else ?
RJIL ?
Don't worry I may quit from here around July if things go as per plan ....

Big Deal? its very common practice in India to donate your used clothes to the needy people....volunteers, NGOs, several other groups, collects used but in good condition clothes in offices and through camps ..get them washed and then give them to poor and needy people...so its not a big deal if India is giving used clothes to people of other country who are to most extent are on par when it comes to standard of living...

now coming to developed western countries...In Netherlands there are so many shops in prime locations called as Re-Share....rich people or people who have more than they need..they drop that stuff in those shops...store runners then do the required refitting and then sale it at very cheap prices...I have seen thousand times. Dutch people buy clothes from ReShare Shops at through away prices!

so what big deal in this case?

Kab huyi ye shubh ghatna ? Kis team me tha yaar TNG UNOC or something else ?
RJIL ?
Don't worry I may quit from here around July if things go as per plan ....

Buddy give me your Oracle ID without B00/A00 :p:, I will contact you on your number.

So Nepali's don't want old clothes ?
Poor survivors of Christchurch Earthquake who settled with Salvation Armies recycled clothing, furniture and household goods.

Nepal has quietly asked India not to send old clothes as part of relief for earthquake victims, saying in the Himalayan republic saying it did not want “leftover food", officials from both countries have confirmed.

India was the among the first countries to respond with a massive relief mission after a 7.9 magnitude earthquake flattened large parts of Nepal on April 25, leaving over 7,000 people dead and countless others homeless.

Besides the government, NGOs and the corporate sector have also pitched in provide help to the estimated 9 million people affected by the earthquake.

Nepal’s objection to old clothes came to light recently when the first wagon carrying relief supplies by train, reached the dry port at Birgunj, 10-odd km from Raxaul, India’s last border district in Bihar.

Officials said the Nepalese authorities detected a few “objectionable” gunny sacks, amid other relief materials, as part of completing customs formalities in receiving foreign goods. Relief supplies are unloaded at the port from railway cargo vans, re-packaged in some cases and re-loaded on trucks for transportation to different areas of Nepal.

Indian officials said, on detecting old clothes the very first day the exercise began, the Nepalese authorities not only rejected the consignment, but minced no words in conveying to their Indian counterparts that “leftover food in plate should not be served to them”.

B Mohan, chief executive officer of the Himalayan Terminals Private Limited, an Indo-Nepal joint-venture firm looking after terminal operation at Birgunj, told HT: “I removed the consignment of old clothes and junked it at our port.”

Consul general of India at Birgunj, Anju Ranjan, confirmed the development, saying, “I have communicated the information to the home ministry through my channel.”

The home ministry has been tasked with collecting and ensuring loading of relief supplies, pouring in from different governments and agencies across India, at New Delhi. They are then ferried overnight to Birgunj through Raxaul.

Gujarat, Uttarakhand, Rajasthan and Chhattisgarh governments, besides the Indian Red Cross Society, Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI), Dena Bank and the MHA are among those to have sent relief supplies through the rail route.

The port has so far received 171 tonnes of relief supplies through the rail route from India ever since the exercise began on May 2.

“We now check any consignment of clothes before handing them to Nepal. On May 4, we found brand new towels in one such consignment, which the Nepalese authorities happily received,” said Raghvendra, an IAS probationer, overseeing the operation at the port.

No, thank you: Nepal asks India to not send old clothes as relief

This is utterly tasteless and disgraceful for Indians to be doing this to Nepal. I guess being the first one there doesn't count.

Buddy give me your Oracle ID without B00/A00 :p:, I will contact you on your number.
Arey yaar kya batau mere saare communication track Ho rahe hai aajkal including my official no ..... Its a long tail buddy , arey ek hi num operate karta hu jo official hai or voh bhi tapping hai mera aajkal Just drop me your num or id at my personal mail .....add @GMAIL in my pdf username .......
Bachi kuchi jaan ye COC ke chakkar me phansi hai meri aajkal.... Want to get rid of this company asap....
I m in TNG ....

shameless indians at it again-

I piece of old cloth from india comes with one indian journalist for free whose only job is to take pictures and ask "how are you feeling?" and send it back to india for them to BRAG about it all day on national TV-

Thats so low

Back
Top Bottom