What's new

Non resident Pakistani running outsourcing buisness from India

ashwin

BANNED
Reaction score
Mr. Waheed has 26 years of experience as a senior manager in financial services sector and has built three companies (from start-up through successful IPOs). He also spent eight years in the collections industry and was responsible for the design and implementation of a proprietary system for one of the largest student loan collections firms in the US. Mr. Waheed is a US citizen, a native of Pakistan, speaks local languages of India.

Feroze Waheed founded Astra Business Services, a Gurgaon, India and San Francisco, USA based firm focused on collections services for the US market, raised a $4 million investment led by WestBridge Capital Partners. Feroze Waheed and other executives from the US financial services industry also participated. Sumir Chadha and K.P. Balaraj of WestBridge will join the Astra board.

Other higher management consists of Ajay sharma, Rajiv Parashar, Shaifali Agrawal.

It has been well known fact that the economic boom in India has been attributed to the outsourcing Industry. It attracts many international capitalists to invest into India.

Venture Funding Activity For Call Centres in April-June 2004

Feroze Waheed facts - Freebase

Feroze Waheed Email Astra Business Services CEO CFO VP @astraglobal.com

I believe if I not wrong Pakistan is at 20 in the outsourcing. I had competed with few couple of Pakistani companies in the past while bidding for the projects.

Can anyone enlighten about outsourcing in Pakistan?

Yes. I know Pakistan has an IT exports sector but I don't know much about it.

Regarding this guy, it looks like his Indian business, collections, is related to his work in the States. Venture capital is always tricky to get and they are loathe to invest in political hotspots. I imagine he partnered with Indian colleagues to pool talent and form the best proposal to the VC.

Yes. I know Pakistan has an IT exports sector but I don't know much about it.

Regarding this guy, it looks like his Indian business, collections, is related to his work in the States. Venture capital is always tricky to get and they are loathe to invest in political hotspots. I imagine he partnered with Indian colleagues to pool talent and form the best proposal to the VC.

As far as outsourcing of IT is concerned Indians are the best as the chinese are best in the manufacturing sector. Even at the time of recession, companies of my friends were never short of projects though there was shift of market target base from high end customers to low end.

As far as outsourcing of IT is concerned Indians are the best as the chinese are best in the manufacturing sector. Even at the time of recession, companies of my friends were never short of projects though there was shift of market target base from high end customers to low end.

True.

India is becoming the world's office and China the world's factory, although competition is starting to emerge. In Australia, I know two companies who opted for Vietnam over India to outsource their IT operations.

Still, 11 - 14% projected growth is nothing to sneeze at.
Indian's IT sector growth may fall to 5-year low : Rediff Business News, Latest India business news, India Economy news, World Business, Finance news, Latest business headlines, business videos and business articles.

True.

India is becoming the world's office and China the world's factory, although competition is starting to emerge. In Australia, I know two companies who opted for Vietnam over India to outsource their IT operations.

Still, 11 - 14% projected growth is nothing to sneeze at.
Indian's IT sector growth may fall to 5-year low : Rediff Business News, Latest India business news, India Economy news, World Business, Finance news, Latest business headlines, business videos and business articles.

Yes the growth is low but the growth is still there and we are at the top holding the no 1 position. Our expertise, experience and reliabity to deliver on time makes us the most favorable source for outsourcing

Back
Top Bottom