What's new

Now you understand why China will not support....

The keyword is the next 10 years right? Right now your definition of middle class is those who spend more than 2 dollars a day. I just don't see any profit from that.

I would consider India a player when it is already a important market. For now, it is not.

when China got into security council(1971) what was its poverty rate?? what was its economical power?? what was its military power?? and what was its current status now??

and if we assume India gets UNSC seat this December, India is far better than what China was in 1971.
so blaming India for UNSC permanent seat aspiration amidst this poverty, etc are completely baseless.

UNSC seat is not only a matter of power projection, its also builds trust for international investors...

There is no buckshee stuff, you understand it?

now understanding a little what u mean,tell me 1 thing,do u act to b a ignored or was that a genetic gift

Russia and France effectively blocked UN bans against India in 1998,the last time a resolution was brought against India,research more about Indian relation's with the stated countries child

now understanding a little what u mean,tell me 1 thing,do u act to b a ignored or was that a genetic gift

Russia and France effectively blocked UN bans against India in 1998,the last time a resolution was brought against India,research more about Indian relation's with the stated countries child

Now I do not understand what you mean?

Faulty logic. You can't compare India now with China 1971. What is India's relative standing now?

why cant i compare India 2010 with China 1971 only with regard to entry into UNSC??

relatively wasn't India better than China when it got into UNSC??

1.2 billion people,Trillion $ economy, 7th largest nation, 3rd largest Army, 4th largest Airforce, 4th largest navy, 2nd largest market.
is there any better candidate for UNSC other than India in the current situation??

why cant i compare India 2010 with China 1971 only with regard to entry into UNSC??

1.2 billion people,Trillion $ economy, 7th largest nation, 3rd largest Army, 4th largest Airforce, 4th largest navy, 2nd largest market.
is there any better candidate for UNSC other than India in the current situation??

The UN Security Council is made up of the major nations that were both victorious and independent at the end of WW2.

The UN Security Council is made up of the major nations that were both victorious and independent at the end of WW2.

please remember India was offered UNSC seat and by India's rejection of the seat you people got entry into UNSC.
after WW2 India was a independent nation and it had 2nd largest army and the army have very actively participated in WW2 on behalf of Britain and emerged victorious.Indian armed forces participated in war then their Chinese counterparts.

if India accepted the UNSC earlier, the situation would be completely different. we would be in the position of what China is now.

UNSC seat is not just power projection its a trust builder for economic development...

It's quite self-explanatory. I suppose you know what nuisance value means.

nuisance value definition - Dictionary - MSN Encarta

Yes...that makes sense but India has no international presence relative to the other powers and no one has offered India veto power (my original point), so it can be assumed that no one recognizes India's nuisance value.

please remember India was offered UNSC seat and by India's rejection of the seat you people got entry into UNSC.
after WW2 India was a independent nation and it had 2nd largest army and the army have very actively participated in WW2 on behalf of Britain and emerged victorious.Indian armed forces participated in war then their Chinese counterparts.

if India accepted the UNSC earlier, the situation would be completely different. we would be in the position of what China is now.

UNSC seat is not just power projection its a trust builder for economic development...

Indian Internet rumour.

Relative power means you have to evaluate India relative to major powers right now.

(also India 2nd largest market?)

India wasn't a founder but an invitee of the United Nations. The 1945 founders were the United States, Soviet Russia (succeeded by the Russian Federation 1991), Republic of China (suceeded by People's Republic of China in 1971), United Kingdom and France, which ostensibly were both the major victors (except France) of WWII and the permanent members of the UNSC.

You can't really become a permanent member when you were a cotton-growing colony even after World War II... I think Indians were represented by their masters 5000 miles away at both the Nazi and Japanese surrenders. History hurts, and that's why Indians live in the future.

I believe China had the world's 5th largest economy and largest army after WWII and South Asia ruled collectively under Britain had the 6th largest economy and didn't even have an army.

Today?

China has the 2nd largest economy and the largest army.
India has the 11th largest economy and 2nd largest army.

I don't see much improvement.

Last edited:
Yes...that makes sense but India has no international presence relative to the other powers and no one has offered India veto power (my original point), so it can be assumed that no one recognizes India's nuisance value.

I had not made any claims. I just said that getting a de-facto veto is more worthwhile than a formal one. Which is why I am not that interested in this UNSC permanent seat business.

please remember India was offered UNSC seat and by India's rejection of the seat you people got entry into UNSC.after WW2 India was a independent nation and it had 2nd largest army and the army have very actively participated in WW2 on behalf of Britain and emerged victorious.Indian armed forces participated in war then their Chinese counterparts.

I am wondering why that rumor is still circulating on the internet.

Isn't Wen Jiabao running to India this month?? Correct me if I am wrong, why this urgency by China when its aggression is not taken lightly by its neighbors?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom