What's new

NUST computer project exhibition

Zeeshi

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD:
A two-day computer project exhibition and competition (COMPEC) concluded at the NUST College of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering (EME) on Wednesday.

A myriad of students from 40 universities from across the country participated and showcased their projects which included over five categories including electromechanical system, information system and communication system. The first prize of Rs50,000 went to the “Smart Stealth” project of the EME.

Alongside the exhibition, the third computer and information technology symposium was also held. The students presented 40 research papers at the symposium.

Chief organiser and EME head of Department of Computer Engineering Dr Shoeb Ahmad Khan said that they have regularly been organising the competition for the last 13 years.

He said that they invited students from all over Pakistan to participate in the event.

“We provide a platform to undergraduates from all over Pakistan so they can showcase their talent,” he said.

He said they also invite different software companies so that they can hire talented youth.

Khan said that Pakistan could not progress without technological advancements.

He regretted that there was a sense of despondency in the youth, who prefer to go abroad after completing their education. “It is now our responsibility to stop that brain drain so that these young people could work whole heartedly for the progress of the country.”

Computer Engineering Department Prof Farooqe Azam said, “Our biggest achievement was to unite the whole of Pakistan under one banner”.

Published in The Express Tribune, June 27th, 2014.

10480178_743378289038294_442574644201866287_n.jpg
10462867_743379012371555_3894306900701578593_n.jpg
10329147_743383252371131_8084958420011006874_n.jpg
10440854_743383189037804_7572359131911101008_n.jpg
10440865_743383462371110_2788225657521832181_n.jpg

Last edited:
Such beautiful talent, but shame most of them get wasted because of corrupt & incompetent politicians who don't give these beautiful mind any importance & as a result we lose them.

Like bastard jabroni Gilani said "what's stopping them...." when he was questioned "people want to leave Pakistan...".

some of the brightest minds among these guys will end up working their tails off in some foreign land

some of the brightest minds among these guys will end up working their tails off in some foreign land
some go for further studies but remain many of other student remain in Pakistan. also jobs is another major problem for many engineers in Pakistan.

Why do they have Anza MK II in exhibition?
new modification in it i think so. i will tell u by getting info frm my friend

Such beautiful talent, but shame most of them get wasted because of corrupt & incompetent politicians who don't give these beautiful mind any importance & as a result we lose them.

Like bastard jabroni Gilani said "what's stopping them...." when he was questioned "people want to leave Pakistan...".
jobs is the main problem in Pakistan. No new working projects construction of dams etc .

Last edited:
some go for further studies but remain many of other student remain in Pakistan. also jobs is another major problem for many engineers in Pakistan.

new modification in it i think so. i will tell u by getting info frm my friend

jobs is the main problem in Pakistan. No new working projects construction of dams etc .

Such talent should be taken by the army in their research facilities & they will deliver with motivation from PA & proper facilities.

I was there are a judge as well. the MANPAD was connected to an infrared seeking binocular type thing. The user can operate it from hidden trenches.

Rahi baat paison ki, aapki army thuggne jo bathee hai har jagah so dont be quick to blame the politicians. HEC actually ran out of funding last year in sept. Army is no saint.

--
any of these tech in market place ?
any system for that .. idea to market ..?
any govt funding for projects to go live in market to benefit people?
any previous sucess story from them?

Yes plenty of successes, we even beat out India in the something something robot competition. Also some medical equipment was made which costed over a million dollars and was bein made in S'Pore, Australia and Sweden. These students made them in under $150,000.

Stop being an *** man, seriously.

I was there are a judge as well. the MANPAD was connected to an infrared seeking binocular type thing. The user can operate it from hidden trenches.

Rahi baat paison ki, aapki army thuggne jo bathee hai har jagah so dont be quick to blame the politicians. HEC actually ran out of funding last year in sept. Army is no saint.

Yes plenty of successes, we even beat out India in the something something robot competition. Also some medical equipment was made which costed over a million dollars and was bein made in S'Pore, Australia and Sweden. These students made them in under $150,000.

Stop being an *** man, seriously.
---
dear Ms.
first congrats that you was a judge... cool...
my motive to ask is....
here in india IIT do same stuff...
it was more brain drain ..
now past few years many idea going on market for implementation ...which benefit the common people life ...
50 Amazing Startup Incubators and Accelerators in India | Inc42 Magazine
10 successful start-ups by IIT, IIM & BITS alumni - 10 successful start-ups by IIT, IIM & BITS alumni | The Economic Times
--
if they beat india in robotics cool.. congrtas .. then we have to learn from you ...
---
why you think i am An*** ?
Seriously ? why ?
i was curious query.. that it..
--
Also some medical equipment was made which costed over a million dollars and was bein made in S'Pore, Australia and Sweden. These students made them in under $150,000.
that what i was looking at.....
--
thanks

---
dear Ms.
first congrats that you was a judge... cool...
my motive to ask is....
here in india IIT do same stuff...
it was more brain drain ..
now past few years many idea going on market for implementation ...which benefit the common people life ...
50 Amazing Startup Incubators and Accelerators in India | Inc42 Magazine
10 successful start-ups by IIT, IIM & BITS alumni - 10 successful start-ups by IIT, IIM & BITS alumni | The Economic Times
--
if they beat india in robotics cool.. congrtas .. then we have to learn from you ...
---
why you think i am An*** ?
Seriously ? why ?
i was curious query.. that it..
--
Also some medical equipment was made which costed over a million dollars and was bein made in S'Pore, Australia and Sweden. These students made them in under $150,000.
that what i was looking at.....
--
thanks

You were going there with your connotations. I apologize if i did make a mistake, my bad. And yes India has a bigger knowledge pool than us, no doubt. So you guys will have a better thoroughput aswell. My point being our education funds run out a good quarter before the years end. Even then we do have students who excel/shine. Which was my point. The robot was awesome with its dance moves. Hahah it was fun man, should have checked it out.

And i'm a guy. The avatar is my babydoll Morena Baccarin.

Great job! :pakistan:
We need more R&D institutions in Pakistan. Private and public sector. Govt needs to promote and subsidise this activity whatever way they can. Export oriented r&d institutions should be set up, which provide intellectual, research based services. Just like Indian software exports, we need to help our engineers and scientists work here, and increase our exports as well in this area. We need to develop our information based economy. And that begins with efficient management of our indigenous human resource.

Back
Top Bottom