What's new

Obama abandons bid to return Man to moon

You are discounting the value of human dreams, Truthseeker. So has Obama. We'll be dismantling Amundsen-Scott and McMurdo next, I suppose.

Furthermore, the Chinese won't be interested in buying Apollo technology: it was all declassified three decades ago, and the Chinese never pay for intellectual property of any sort if they can simply copy the data. As several Chinese students have explained to me, in their view copying isn't stealing if nothing physical is taken from the victim.

So by that thought process, german rocket technology and missile program was not stolen and Americans pay a royalty fee to Germans every year ... frachise fee :rofl:

"McNasa"

I find it pathetic that Obama called off the program as I am avid supporter of space programs and research

You are discounting the value of human dreams, Truthseeker. So has Obama. We'll be dismantling Amundsen-Scott and McMurdo next, I suppose.

Furthermore, the Chinese won't be interested in buying Apollo technology: it was all declassified three decades ago, and the Chinese never pay for intellectual property of any sort if they can simply copy the data. As several Chinese students have explained to me, in their view copying isn't stealing if nothing physical is taken from the victim.

keep your dream to yourself, solo, and i'd love to watch how you are going to gouge each other's eyes out. :cheesy:

So by that thought process, german rocket technology and missile program was not stolen and Americans pay a royalty fee to Germans every year ... frachise fee :rofl:

"McNasa"

what are you saying, without germans, you think they have any ideas rather than the usual crazy talk of: seize the day. guess what, the day has ceased.

by that thought process, german rocket technology and missile program was not stolen and Americans pay a royalty fee to Germans every year -
Not only did that happen, but if I recall correctly the U.S. also paid royalties to some scientists behind the Iron Curtain for their role in developing the U.S. atomic bomb.

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

i love astronomy and wants humans to conquer at least moon, if not the space.

There is a conspiracy theory out there that in one of the Apollo missions NASA discovered an Alien base on the moon and the aliens chased them away. They aren't able to go back to the moon because the alien threat.

didnt u hear? Americans recently bombed the heck out of those aliens in the name of study of water on moon.:rolleyes:

didnt u hear? Americans recently bombed the heck out of those aliens in the name of study of water on moon.:rolleyes:

And that Critical Link also came because of those Stupid Indians make belief of satellite to the moon, I must ADD!!!!!

May I also add: As much as the earthlings are afraind of alians; moon aliens at the same time are afraind of earth aliens. To this day, they are still afraid of touching Americans Lunar Vechicle Module, and seen to this day in space, it still shows off as a tiny, little, dim light of a ... white spot. :azn:

Not to mention that recently a couple unidentified objects crashed on the moon from earth. AND they keep shining their measurement lasers at us!

What are those footprints?

NASA Plans Manned Missions To Mars

Obama's proposed cancellation of Constellation moon program means more money for research into deep space travel, NASA chief says.

By Paul McDougall
InformationWeek
February 3, 2010 09:14 AM

Defending a budget that effectively cancels a program that would have returned humans to the moon by 2020, NASA's top official said the space agency is looking beyond the lunar surface—to Mars.

In a statement, NASA administrator Charlie Bolden noted that the $3.8 trillion federal budget proposal handed down earlier this week by President Obama provides $3 billion over five years in funds "for robotic exploration precursor missions that will pave the way for human exploration of the moon, Mars, and nearby asteroids."

Bolden said robotic exploration is an essential precondition for manned missions to Earth's closest celestial neighbors.

"These missions will inform us of the most interesting places to explore with humans, and validate our approaches to get them there safely and sustainably," said Bolton.

Bolden also noted that the President's budget actually increases total funding for NASA by $6 billion over the next half-decade.

Instead of manned moon missions, the President instead wants NASA in the short term to focus on sending crews into near-earth orbit to continue work on the International Space Station and other, related projects.

NASA Plans Manned Missions To Mars -- InformationWeek

Obama's proposed cancellation of Constellation moon program means more money for research into deep space travel, NASA chief says.

By Paul McDougall
InformationWeek

Defending a budget that effectively cancels a program that would have returned humans to the moon by 2020, NASA's top official said the space agency is looking beyond the lunar surface—to Mars.

In a statement, NASA administrator Charlie Bolden noted that the $3.8 trillion federal budget proposal handed down earlier this week by President Obama provides $3 billion over five years in funds "for robotic exploration precursor missions that will pave the way for human exploration of the moon, Mars, and nearby asteroids."

Bolden said robotic exploration is an essential precondition for manned missions to Earth's closest celestial neighbors.

"These missions will inform us of the most interesting places to explore with humans, and validate our approaches to get them there safely and sustainably," said Bolton.

Bolden also noted that the President's budget actually increases total funding for NASA by $6 billion over the next half-decade.

Instead of manned moon missions, the President instead wants NASA in the short term to focus on sending crews into near-earth orbit to continue work on the International Space Station and other, related projects.

PR stunt. Damage control.

By Paul McDougall
InformationWeek

Still, some lawmakers panned the administration's proposed cancellation of the Constellation moon program . They also rebuked the president for recommending NASA nix construction of the Ares and Orion space vehicles and turn launches over to private contractors.

"The president's proposed NASA budget begins the death march for the future of US human space flight," said Senator Richard Shelby (R-Ala), in a statement.

Shelby also characterized private space contractors as "hobbyists" that lack a track record when it comes to successfully and safely launching space vehicles carrying humans.

Resuming trips to the moon, which astronauts have not visited since Apollo 17's trip there in 1972, was a key part of former president George W. Bush's plan for increased space exploration.

Constellation was expected to create thousands of jobs in various parts of the country, and Congressional members in states affected by the cuts vowed to fight to keep the plan intact.

"Based on initial reports about the administration's plan for NASA, they are replacing lost shuttle jobs in Florida too slowly, risking U.S. leadership in space to China and Russia, and relying too heavily on unproven commercial companies," said Sen. Bill Nelson (D-Fla).

I feeel the pain what a shame - there will be no mars/moon landing in our life time now except if china reaches there :coffee:

There WERE several (6?) moon landings in MY lifetime. I was a 24-year old graduate student at the time, July 20, 1969. Sorry you missed these events. Guess you are just a young whippersnapper.....

There WERE several (6?) moon landings in MY lifetime. I was a 24-year old graduate student at the time, July 20, 1969. Sorry you missed these events. Guess you are just a young whippersnapper.....

Man I wana visit the moon ....all this money being wasted on earth what a sad sad situation ...so much cash in 60's and ambition .. now its just a joke ...sending silly settelites no vision no planning no dreaming ...:lazy: no sense of adventure ...even whe ppl did not had tones of cash of fancy computers they managed space launch and then moon missions , and since then ... YADAH... zilch ...zippp... zero ... we are stuck on this rock planet, why can't we just put a damn nuclear engine from submarine into a old nasa shuttle and get on with space exploration ...

Every thing is controlled by corporations - just no ..vision ...gone are the days of great explorers who roamed the planet in search of new lands and visiting royal courts to tell tales of worlds beyond our own ... ....

Where are all the visionaries gone to ?

Pharos build the pyramids, Akbar built taj mahal , and other civilizations did much more we are content with building 1500 square feet homes even the architecture of past civilization was more advance then what we have now ... silly cities we built that can't even with stand earth quakes or water surges

Not happy with Obama's decision one bit, won't be listening to his speech for few years

I mean how hard is it to send in 50 missions to moon and drop containers , and land them close to a creaters , 40 cabins which can be connected like jig saw to each other compartment ...

Or launch 50 space rockets, and form a ship 10 times size of shuttles and cruise to moon and make a landing - permenent base -

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom