What's new

ÖZGÜR-2 Project signed for F-16 Block 30, 40 and 50

OZGUR-2 modernization will be more capable than Hellenic Air Force VIPER modernization

F-16 VIPER Modernization ... Greece ( 85 F-16s )

-- APG-83 AESA Radar
-- Main mission computer
-- Digital Cockpit
-- Integrated Electronic Warfare Suite
-- AN/APX-126 Advanced IFF (Identification Friend or Foe)
-- Link 16 datalink
-- Integrated precision navigation
-- Center Pedestal Display (CPD)
-- NVIS (Night Vision Imaging System)
-- Embedded GPS/INS (EGI)
-- Modern commercial off-the-shelf (COTS)-based avionics subsystem
-- Automatic Ground Collision Avoidance System (Auto GCAS)
-- JHCMS II (Joint Helmet-Mounted Cueing System II)

-- SNIPER Targeting Pod
-- AIM-120C7 BVR Air to Air Missile

NO land attack Cruise Missile
NO RAMJET powered long range Air to Air Missile
NO Instrument Landing System ( ILS )
NO RF expendable decoy

F-16 OZGUR-I/II Modernization ... Turkiye ( 35-150 F-16s )

-- MURAD AESA Radar ( GaN )
-- FEWS Fighter Electronic Warfare Suite
-- Digital Cockpit
-- National Friend-Foe Identification (IFF) System
-- National Mission Computer
-- T Link ... Link-16 data link
-- 9681 V/UHF air radio
-- Night Vision Cueing and Display (NVCD)
-- Multifunction Cockpit Center Display Active Matrix Liquid Crystal Display
-- Fuel Hydraulic Gauge
-- Inertial Navigation System
-- Engine Indicator Display
-- National Sound Safety Device
-- Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing Systems (JHMCS)
-- TULGAR Helmet-Mounted Display System (HMDS)

-- AIM-120C7 BVR Air to Air Missile
-- GOKDOGAN BVR Air to Air Missile

-- ASELPOD Targeting Pod
-- Havelsan EHSIM RF expendable decoy
-- SOM-J next gen stealth Cruise Missile
-- GOKHAN ramjet powered long range networked a2a missile

-- cooperative engagement capability with
Boeing E7-T AEWC , ERALP early warning AESA Radar , CENK-S AESA Radar on ISTIF Frigates

even Turkiye spent $3,9 billion CCIP modernization for 163 F-16 block40/50s

after OZGUR modernization ,
Turkish F-16s will be the deadliest VIPERs in the World

-- MURAD AESA Radar ( GaN technology )
-- FEWS Fighter Electronic Warfare Suite
-- GOKHAN ramjet powered long range networked a2a missile
-- Havelsan EHSIM RF expendable decoy

View attachment 943655

EHSIM RF expendable decoy to provide protection against RF guided missiles
View attachment 943654

View attachment 943652
View attachment 943653

Aselsan TULGAR HMDS
Thanks to its integrated digital night vision capability, it can be used during day and night tasks without the need for a change in the head unit

Color screen and digital night vision technologies ( the first time in the system )
View attachment 943660

GOKHAN ramjet powered long range networked a2a missile

Turkish F-16s will be armed with superior BVR a2a missile to compare with Greek F-16 AIM-120C7

RaMjet powered GOKHAN will be superior to the METEOR in speed and in technological capability with the next generation seeker , two-way datalink , expanded no-escape envelope, improved high angle off-boresight capability , etc
View attachment 943708

SSB President Prof. Dr. Haluk Görgün: (F-16 modernization)

OZGUR-2 modernization will be more capable than VIPER

Ahmet Akyol, General Manager of ASELSAN:

With the F-16 modernization, we will offer our F-16s more than 20 technologies.
Is there anyway that GoKhan missile can be “integrated” onto the PAF F-16s in a way that doesn’t require help from Uncle Sam? Supposedly the PAF F-16s could carry nukes but maybe that was just the toss method of arching a bomb and bugging out and RTB. Perhaps a pylon that makes the aircraft think it’s firing an AMRAAM.

F-35 is like as a flying computer
The internal programming of the F-35 includes more than 8 million lines of code, more than 4 times as much as the F-22

1 .... Mission data loads (MDL)
The MDL has to be loaded into the F-35’s onboard computer before each mission and has to be updated after each mission

Only one location in the US is currently capable of programming the MDL for all F-35s in the World

2 ... Autonomic Logistics Information System (ALIS)
Another major weakness of the F-35

ALIS is a complex computer system consisting of 65 individual programs with 16 million lines of code that continuously collects and analyzes aircraft data

All F-35s must update their mission files and ALIS profiles before and after each flight in the ALIS mainframe in the US

ISRAEL
Israel has a unique position in the project because it is the only country that is allowed to equip the F-35 with its avionics and software

Israel is staying outside the global network with ALIS ,
Israel has installed its own maintenance software
So basically they have “jail-broken” F-35s.

Last edited:
Why would they?

Who told you that?

iirc i recall seeing something similar in a RAF documentary about the F-35, where during a training flight of the F35B, they were unable to get it up and running, so they had to send the camera crew further away from the plane and get one of the yanks in to get it started to which he explained that he needed to reboot it and something about a 'password' they get every time the A/C is attempted to be started, though obviously that was probably a gross oversimplification on their part for the sake of the documentary

iirc i recall seeing something similar in a RAF documentary about the F-35, where during a training flight of the F35B, they were unable to get it up and running, so they had to send the camera crew further away from the plane and get one of the yanks in to get it started to which he explained that he needed to reboot it and something about a 'password' they get every time the A/C is attempted to be started, though obviously that was probably a gross oversimplification on their part for the sake of the documentary
It's a bit ridiculous that they make everything extremely interconnected and I'm not talking about just 6th generation fighter jets,I mean everything.

Anyway that GoKhan missile can be “integrated” onto the PAF F-16s in a way that doesn’t require help from Uncle Sam?

Honestly no - even if the the Gokhan missile can tell the host platform - "i am a AMRAAM missile that you already know about" - that iself is not enough. The lifecycle of handshaking between the host platform and the missile will be protected by intellectual property rights, so while you may be able to overcome the physical and technical limits ( ie by monitoring the datapackets over the mil-bus, and duplicating them for all functional flows to initate missile firing and providing terminal updates to the missile ), you will be most likely end up breaking intelletual property rights that would have been embedded into the end user contract for those functional flows/handshaking protocols. If you do that, then you potentially lose the "rights" of other parts of the contract aswell.

So - permission will be required regardless. Uncle Sam may well give those permissions if turkey asks ( recently defence treaty signed by pakistan/usa in the last few days that was mentioned on another thread tbw so maybe things will get better). However, it is unlikely as it still maintains its veto over the sales of T-129 to Pakistan because of the engine supply (with PAF now potentially waiting for the T929 instead as it will be ITAR free).

If Turkiye is indeed capable of replacing the entire avionics, ew, mission computers of the F16, then i would not mind seeing that being applied to JF17 Block IV - ie a JF17-T ? That will bring more diversity to PAF's fleet with the choice of new munitions and EW assets, and with costs shared by both Turkey and Pakistan for future developments of that new avionics suite. Currently, all costs for the JF17 arre solely borne by PAF and CATIC only provides technology on market terms funded by Pakistan solely. That is why the Block III has taken so long to come to fruition, PAF could not fund its development quickly enough(amongst other issues like requirements creep by the PAF itself).

Last edited:
IMO, if the missile's or armament's interface itself identifies itself to the relevant mission computer as a standard type NATO munition does not, -in principle-, constitute any incompatibility with the aircraft platform's license agreements. With this, there is no configuration changes on the aircraft. If the standard interface is available and the geometry of the armaments are identical to another standard munition already certified for the aircraft, this is not as difficult as it sounds. This is the first method. But the other method is to integrate an additional system into the aircraft pilot surfaces, and to release the missile from the pylon through this interface rather than through the actual mission computer. It is definitely not applicable for all types of ammunition. It was among the topics discussed in forums years ago that Aselsan had a solution in TR in this regard. As far as I know, there is a similar Chinese system, and there may be other examples in the world. This is a bit of a gray area and a last resort.

Thirdly, it is possible to use an ammunition type with a completely unique geometry and interface, with over a unique computer. Integration of this localized mission computer etc may require US authorization. The last one is to request all these integration activities from Lockheed.

Last edited:
It's a bit ridiculous that they make everything extremely interconnected and I'm not talking about just 6th generation fighter jets,I mean everything.
You're just proving that you have zero awareness of modern military needs and war requirements.

You're just proving that you have zero awareness of modern military needs and war requirements.
I'm not talking about Link16 and the like. I'm talking about having to send performance data to LM headquarters and all that fuss. And like I said,I am not talking only about fighter jets,I despise it everywhere. On cell-phones,TVs,other gadgets. Even some tootbrushes have wifi now!

I'm not talking about Link16 and the like. I'm talking about having to send performance data to LM headquarters and all that fuss. And like I said,I am not talking only about fighter jets,I despise it everywhere. On cell-phones,TVs,other gadgets. Even some tootbrushes have wifi now!
Well, that's true. The US don't just sell you F35s. They also made you accept the fact that they will dominate you and watch over you 24/7. These planes are great but the Europeans are pussies with no backbones. They succumb to American hegemony without even questioning their actions and taking into account the long-term consequences.

The French are slightly more aware of this situation but even they have come to terms with the reality in Europe. Besides, their biggest ally, Germany, is literally a US poodle.

I'm not against the US but Europe acts like a slave of America rather than an ally that has equal rights in the union.

Well, that's true. The US don't just sell you F35s. They also made you accept the fact that they will dominate you and watch over you 24/7. These planes are great but the Europeans are pussies with no backbones. They succumb to American hegemony without even questioning their actions and taking into account the long-term consequences.

The French are slightly more aware of this situation but even they have come to terms with the reality in Europe. Besides, their biggest ally, Germany, is literally a US poodle.

I'm not against the US but Europe acts like a slave of America rather than an ally that has equal rights in the union.
I'm not crazy about the F-35s,but our government is somehow obsessed with getting them. I don't know if it's the Air Force who wants them more or our government. We need to replace the 33 Phantom we have,but getting a whole squadron of F-35s is different. Especially when our navy has fallen behind way too much for a country with a naval tradition.

It's really weird how the Germans have become so weak when it comes to Americans even spying on them. They could have had their own strong military now,but they left everything in favor of economy the last 20 years and depended more on the Americans to protect them from Russia. And even the British!

I'm not crazy about the F-35s,but our government is somehow obsessed with getting them. I don't know if it's the Air Force who wants them more or our government. We need to replace the 33 Phantom we have,but getting a whole squadron of F-35s is different. Especially when our navy has fallen behind way too much for a country with a naval tradition.

It's really weird how the Germans have become so weak when it comes to Americans even spying on them. They could have had their own strong military now,but they left everything in favor of economy the last 20 years and depended more on the Americans to protect them from Russia. And even the British!
Those F35 are a waste of precious Greek resources and I'm not saying this because I'm Turkish. The procurement of F35s are implying a strategy that will never lead to an desirable outcome for the Greeks in a potential war theatre. A country of the size of Greece cannot achieve a sustainable qualitative edge over a neighbor like Türkiye.

Your potential adversary is a country that becomes increasingly self-reliant and technologically mature. Even if you deny the technological advances, the many land, air and naval systems produced in Turkiye are going to stretch out your military. Hint: oversaturation.

To this day I haven’t seen anything in Greece to accommodate this strategic deficit. Instead, the Greek government is blowing out money for shiny toys that won't last long in the Agean. There's a severe lack of strategic planning in Athens.

Those F35 are a waste of precious Greek resources and I'm not saying this because I'm Turkish.
I know what you mean and many have the same opinion here,although others want them.

Personally,I wouldn't mind us having 6-12 of them,but a whole squadron with another squadron after 2030...I don't know.

Your potential adversary is a country that becomes increasingly self-reliant and technologically mature. Even if you deny the technological advances, the many land, air and naval systems produced in Turkiye are going to stretch out your military. Hint: oversaturation.
Yes,that's why I believe our priority should be to solve the Navy's problems (find ships to replace the 9 Kortener frigates,about 6 FAC and finally the majority of the submarines) and Air Defence.

And that's exactly why many insist we should demand partnership in shipbuilding and AA missiles. And vehicles of course.

But somehow...it seems that our politicians are opposing that. Bribes? Deals under the table? Promises of "protection"? Alliances? Debt? I don't know. But for some reason,they seem happy to order and order,than develop and demand bigger participation of Greek companies.

They don't want you doing nothing with that jet that isn't approved by the state dept. lol

If we had a domestic engine that was reliable and gave the performance of the F110 engine, we wouldn't have bothered to upgrade the F16s. We would gradually sell them all to Ukraine and the new NATO countries in Eastern Europe. And we were gradually building a relatively inexpensive 5th generation single-engine aircraft based on the Hürjet. We started this job just because there was no domestic engine.
The fighter version of hurjet will be stealth??

Back
Top Bottom