What's new

Officers Detained at Dulles, Call off visit

In the end it all boils down to this:
boogeyman2.jpg

All thanks to the American media, the bulk of Americans is suffering from xenophobia. however, their paranoia of foreigners is not new -
A phobia is an UNREASONABLE fear. Fearing people whose leaders have declared war on you is not unreasonable, and 9-11 showed that Al Qaeda (which declared war on the U.S. long before 9-11) commands the loyalties of Muslims numerous and powerful enough to commit murder on a massive scale.

...they have a history with racism let it be black people (African americans), Germans, Japanese, Chinese, communists, even Jews at one time, they all have faced the brunt of the American chauvinism & now the Muslims from all across the world are the target.
Note how the race issues declined sharply after external conflicts ceased and internal conflicts were resolved? That means America is pretty much psychologically healthy. A society with REAL problems is one that prefers to promote racism to whip up conflict between peoples rather than recognize a peace that is within reach.

Note how the race issues declined sharply after external conflicts ceased and internal conflicts were resolved? That means America is pretty much psychologically healthy. A society with REAL problems is one that prefers to promote racism to whip up conflict between peoples rather than recognize a peace that is within reach.

Actually far from the truth. even sporadic events such as protesting against a mosque being built, shows that America still has a long way to go before accepting other ppl. Whether such protests are from a small minority of racists or the larger population, they betray the facade of an all accepting America. which is why most american media shows white main characters and "ethnic" secondary characters in an effort to build the mentality that white ppl are the main race in this world even though whites are a minority.

Unamusingly most Americans don't know much about the world outside their own borders.

hmmm I get stuck at airports for hours all the time

General Pakistanis get stuck at airport 2-3 hours all the time

Its about time Pakistani gov takes charge and I fully applaud their decision to walk out :pakistan:

SALUTE TO PAK ARMY OFFICERS who did this THANK YOU ! You made my day

I am saying this for ages this nonesense USELESS Racist interrogations have to stop for civilians of Pakistani heritage we are a Nuclear state and we should stand up for our rights

Civilian state has no balls to protect pakistani citizen's rights

THANK YOU for your decision - respect and dignity comes first

Last edited:
Frankly speaking An Army Ofiicer in Pakistan is truly not accustomed to such awkward checks plus given the state of paranoia due to a constant threat the TSA had to do its job but in a rather polite way instead of acting rude , its the attitude of there low level staff which caused this unfortunate event , However the US officials have expressed apology over this incident .
Nevertheless To say Every body is treated equally in US , i cant buy this BS . I know my cusin was sent back from the canadian border just because he had a beared and was a muzlum , ironically the University of Texas had invited him to attend a conference.

Can you imagine the humiliation of Such senior Members of our Army being off loaded from airplane and then the f-up TSA agents , TSA agents are all drop out by they way , tatooed , and total losers type I would not even hire them for any job if I had a grass cutting business - Their training is based on TREATING the other party as OBJECTS to kick around that is what they get trained on you spot a South Asian/Arab you pressurize them - GOD I would love to SUE them

They type with 1 finger on computers - yeah 1 finger ... :taz: can you imagine their incompetence

One time my brand new Jacket got STOLEN right in middle of 10 agents !!! 10 freaking AGENTS and someone walked away with my $200 bucks jacket ... I was furious like wtf can't you like check your video feed to track who that passenger was who stolen my item

My project Manager (American) was also with me he got a good chuckle out of it
I was like man they can't even catch a guy who stole my jacket how can they catch a terrorist

I believe that the delegation will have the meeting re-scheduled in the end.

Chogy i understand what you are saying. I agree with your points. But shouldnt there be official protocol --i.e. when they arrive, they should be received by officials and not have to deal with customs at all. They are representing Pakistan Armed Forces, they wont be stupid to pose national security threat to U.S.

more importantly, why did the TSA/Airline officials act unprofessionally by listening to pleas from a paranoid (perhaps racist) passenger? If he said ''I think they have explosive shoes'' then does that mean suspicion alone constitutes a crime???

I thought we live in a world where suspicion alone does not constitute a crime; and where institutions like TSA/DHA/etc. do respect the rule of law. I'm not doubting that they do at all, but this particular incident has left a bad taste in peoples mouthes.

I'm sure that this misunderstanding will be cleared out on military-to-military basis (DoD/Pentagon officials did apologize for the incident). Hopefully in the future it would not be repeated.

Chogy --how do you go from flying an F-15 to flying a giant bus? How do Boeings handle compared to the sleek fighter? :D

Can you imagine the humiliation of Such senior Members of our Army being off loaded from airplane and then the f-up TSA agents -
Sure I can. Many Americans have experienced it, too. So if the GoP had hired even a half-competent public relations firm it would have related the story in a way that would have received support from many Americans. Instead we have this awful and unproductive snit.

One time my brand new Jacket got STOLEN right in middle of 10 agents !!! 10 freaking AGENTS and someone walked away with my $200 bucks jacket ...My project Manager (American) was also with me he got a good chuckle out of it
I was like man they can't even catch a guy who stole my jacket how can they catch a terrorist
Exactly.

hell --- if i had to work even one shift in a God awful airport; sifting through people's sh*t and asking stupid questions all the time -- I would be a bitter, robotic person too!

i noticed that in UK Heathrow airport, they delegate those jobs to mostly Britisher-born Pakistanis, indian etc.

Fearing people whose leaders have declared war on you is not unreasonable, and 9-11 showed that Al Qaeda (which declared war on the U.S. long before 9-11) commands the loyalties of Muslims numerous and powerful enough to commit murder on a massive scale.
So are you suggesting that the Pakistani, Saudi, Bangladeshi, leaders have declared war on USA? and that is why American bigotry is justified? and just because certain people share sympathies with Alqaeeda so it's necessary that we classify all the Muslims as terrorists................ you see this is what i am talking about Americans are becoming a mob of poor discernment. if such insecurities prevail in America, then why doesn't America bother to break off it's relations with the entire Muslim world? If that isn't going to happen any soon then, in the mean time, they need to learn certain ethics of morality & hospitality.
The treatment of foreign delegates is in no way to be equated with the treatment of your own citizens let it be your president, that is how the norms of International relations are practiced & developed.

One more thing, elections year, anti Muslim slogans, what? Are we dogs that they use us to win the elections? C'mon!

You cannot justify the actions by saying that, MK! It is not our problem that TSA is a pit bull! They have to respect our officials!

Hi,

We are not dogs---but that is the reality---face the reality.

It is not a matter of justifying actions---it is what it is---tsa acts and behaves as such with everybody and more so with muslims---.

There should have been a U S protocol officer accompanying the generals in the u s territory---why did it not happen---is a bit surprising---.

When you are fighting and imaginery war with an imaginery enemy---then you see enemy in every nook corner and cranny.

The TSA does not give no leeway to anyone---and it s agreed that they specifically harsh on the muslims intentionally---personal hatreds and dislike come out like a zit on the face when you give a gun a badge and unlimited power to anyone.

When you are fighting and imaginery war with an imaginery enemy---then you see enemy in every nook corner and cranny

MK, Are you saying that US government is fighting a imaginary war?

So are you suggesting that the Pakistani, Saudi, Bangladeshi, leaders have declared war on USA? and that is why American bigotry is justified?
No.

and just because certain people share sympathies with Alqaeeda so it's necessary that we classify all the Muslims as terrorists.
No.

you see this is what i am talking about Americans are becoming a mob of poor discernment.
You do seem to think of people in terms of mobs.

if such insecurities prevail in America, then why doesn't America bother to break off it's relations with the entire Muslim world?
Because America really does show discernment, perhaps?

If that isn't going to happen any soon then, in the mean time, they need to learn certain ethics of morality & hospitality.The treatment of foreign delegates is in no way to be equated with the treatment of your own citizens let it be your president, that is how the norms of International relations are practiced & developed.
Indeed I would like politer treatment from the TSA, and I do wonder if protocols should be modified so mis-steps are less likely to happen in the future. But I'm not sure if there is a problem with ethics and morality here. Stupidity and bureaucratic inertia matter much more.

MK, Are you saying that US government is fighting a imaginary war?

Hi,

What do you think---they never went in with enough troops to corral their worst enemy---they let the worst enemy escape when he was trapped due to a lack of troops---the special forces soldiers that were their asked for support and never got it---the other incidences when they had the target at hand and in sights---the authorization was not given---the war took a change in direction from the main objective ( Bin Laden )---the primary enemy to an imaginery enemy in iraq---.

This war of 9 years has become like chasing ghosts---a person at time wonders---who's ghosts are being chased and for what purpose.

A reasonable person would think that a country like the u s---who teaches and enforces goal orientation life style for one and sundry---regardless of where you are---would do the same for its millitary objectives as well---but then, when you see the millitary operations---it is like a confusion created in lala land.

This is an extremely prolonged and fearful war---no one knows who the target is when and where and under what circumstances.

There is a spin created for evey spin---there are experts created for every expertise---there are monsters made and created out of ordinary people---.

But if you look at the history of u s warfare other than the second WW---suddenly the u s is without a clue as to what needs to be done to reach the goals in an expeditious manner.

The problem with chasing ghosts is that sometimes you deviate from your original goal and end up in a witch hunt---at this stage the american war is in the mind---one muslim nation has been totally destroyed ie iraq---the other one AFG---how far could they push it into stone age---I guess not too far.

Its not as complicated as has been portrayed in this this thread. Pakistani contingent was invited by the Americans. Americans were responsible for all the proceedings since they were the hosts. Why it happened only with Pakistanis and not with any other contingent? Why were they insulted? Their reaction for calling off the visit was appropriate. If i call you to my place, it becomes my responsibility to look after all the arrangements till you reach my place and conclude the task.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom