What's new

Olympic 2024 Qualification, Asian Men Basketball (Indonesia, India, Saudi, Syria, Kazakhtan, Bahrain), 12-17 August 2023

South East Asians aren't built for Basketball, with that rice dominated diet.

LOL watcher can only watch, basketball is a good sport any body can play. Dont just watch like lady, but play by yourselves.

Basically I have played with good basketball team, watching and playing is really different. The passing is really fast if you have experience playing in high level games. This is can be seen when you see some one can pass to their friend despite the opponent is not too far in national team match level. Professional and university league level can also show that level of intensity and speed, while for high school it should be the selected players from some of good teams in the city that can play like that in real match (not a game between friends that we can find during the school break).

Last edited:
Where Aussie will play ? In Japan or Philippine ?
They play their group stage in Japan.

Ah, basketball, Vietnam is not good in this sport.
I find volleyball to more exciting to watch anyway, rules of basketball is...shaky.
I am quite good with almost all ball sport, I even play NCAA baseball in the US and used to play soccer and 3x3 pick up Basketball every weekend, but for some reason I really suck at Volleyball, I can never spike the ball or serve with Volleyball........ I am not a short dude, I was 186cm back in college and I can dunk on a 10ft rim.

And the rule of Basketball is not shaky, it's just complicated and there are a lot of things you need to follow and a lot of things you can get away with, like travelling or over-and-under

Last edited:
Watched few minutes of highlights.

Lol School college basketball teams need not worry if this is how basketball is played in sub continent .

There are some street kids on the local park who play better

Basically it was shit . 😁

I am quite good with almost all ball sport, I even play NCAA baseball in the US and used to play soccer and 3x3 pick up Basketball every weekend, but for some reason I really suck at Volleyball, I can never spike the ball or serve with Volleyball........ I am not a short dude, I was 186cm back in college and I can dunk on a 10ft rim.

And the rule of Basketball is not shaky, it's just complicated and there are a lot of things you need to follow and a lot of things you can get away with, like travelling or over-and-under

In Indonesia, volleyball is more popular than basketball. I dont know why about the reason. Nice if you can play at NCAA level, it means you can get scholarships as US university is not cheap.

In order to improve the country sport achievement, universities should have sport team and offer scholarships to the students athlete. Despite so, most of Indonesian professional football doesnt continue their education into university level, but basketball atheletes mostly study in university and get the scholarships from some universities in my country that play in university league.

Yep, some European guy that I know are pretty tall as well around 190 cm, but for women (that I know personally) is not that tall, around 165 cm, she is German.

In Indonesia, volleyball is more popular than basketball. I dont know why about the reason. Nice if you can play at NCAA level, it means you can get scholarships as US university is not cheap.

In order to improve the country sport achievement, universities should have sport team and offer scholarships to the students athlete. Despite so, most of Indonesian professional football doesnt continue their education into university level, but basketball atheletes mostly study in university and get the scholarships from some universities in my country that play in university league.

Yep, some European guy that I know are pretty tall as well around 190 cm, but for women (that I know personally) is not that tall, around 165 cm, she is German.
I am American by birth, so college weren't that expensive for me, and my college was already paid for by the US military already as I was in their ROTC (Reserve Officer) program, but yes, NCAA offer a lot of scholarship, in fact, I joined ROTC because I lost the NCAA partial scholarship I had, most people I play NCAA ball with are Hispanic on US scholarship from South America (Mexico, Columbia and Haiti), they would otherwise not be able to study in US college.

It depends on what type of scholarship you get, there are what we called "half ride" and "full ride" half ride is the college pay some of your tuition so you play sport for them, you then have to come up with the rest, full ride is the college cover all your expenses (tuition, living expense and so on) and you play sport for them, the difference between the two is the limits, half ride don't come with a lot of string attached. You need to maintain your class schedule and you play schedule that's mostly it, you keep enrolling in their college and you keep play ball for them, you keep your scholarship. Full ride comes with a lot more strings, beside the class and sport schedule, you also need to keep a certain grade, perform a certain level in the sport team and do basically what the college told you to do, some full ride require the receiver to actually pay back their scholarship once they were scouted by professional team.

Most people are tall where I was and where I am now, I am 6'1 and that's considered medium height here and back home, my wife is 178 and she is swede and all her family, including her sisters are above 6 ft. All my family are above 5'8 my dad is 6'1 my brother is 5'11, my sister is 5'10, my mom was 5'8

1692029482304.png

1692029723912.png

Back
Top Bottom