What's new

Only 2pc of GDP spent on education

On the other hand govt run schools are free of cost and provide children with books and uniforms besides mid-day meals but the education there
is sub-standard compared to private schools

Same is here,,but india is doing really good in education if you look at the population of india..

Pakistan can go for Midday Meal...a huge hit in India

It is active on a pilot basis in 3 districts of Balochistan and 12 districts of Punjab. Breakfast programs work for primary students in 2 districts of Sindh as well. Mid-day meals will be provided countrywide by the end of 2012.

It is active on a pilot basis in 3 districts of Balochistan and 12 districts of Punjab. Breakfast programs work for primary students in 2 districts of Sindh as well. Mid-day meals will be provided countrywide by the end of 2012.

is that mean "Free meal" that we have in European countries? or is that mean "Lunch break" with paying money from your pocket?

please clarify

is that mean "Free meal" that we have in European countries? or is that mean "Lunch break" with paying money from your pocket?

please clarify

Its a free meal you don't have to pay any money.

Its an incentive for poor families to send their kids to school.

Here, at my place apart from the meal they also give bananas,eggs and milk. I don't know whether it was from the central govermnet or the local municipal corporation.

Earlier they also used to give some kg of rice for each kid to take home every week. But now they have stopped it after price of rice hit the roof.

All the municipal corporation schools provide bananas,eggs and milk in the morning and meal in the afternoon free.

I have studied in government schools and I haven't spent a penny from my family's pocket uptill my MBA.

All books, uniform were free besides I got president's scholarship, scholarships from state government, Ambanis,. It was like I was been paid to study.

Lucky me.

:victory:

Pakistan can go for Midday Meal...a huge hit in India
a very touching video
YouTube - India's Free Lunch

aah, :angel: felt happy, very very happy to see the video.....may be I should donate something for this....this is like a 3 birds at 1 shot malnutrition, education, childlabour. We must feed our future doctors and engineers and feed them well... :)

While our current state of affairs does give some insight into why the the budgetary allocations are as such. I am nonetheless disapointed :(

We have always been in the eye of the storm since our independence and the hostile environment we live in. There has always been this policy, of when things are right/better, we will change... its a horrible approach, and i've never liked it. We need to multi-task, and take things as they are.

We need to spread out our allocations, we are already getting aid (military and economic); infact half the aid was military. I would like to see Pakistan invest at least 4.5-5% on its education (WHO minimum for visible improvement is a 4% investment in Education) as I think the ramifications and results would show immediately in Pakistan and would be reflected in the job market, economy and society as a whole. Furthermore, iliteracy wreaks havoc, as we have seen in Pakistan, many of the foreign inspired militant groups pray on this segment of society knowing they can easily being brain washed. For this reason, schools are being bombed. We need to address this onslaught thru greater investment.

In saying all this, we are not privy to what was going on during the governments many deliberations while making the budget, but I hope this is just a temporary measure, the sub-level of investment in Pakistan's education sector is not helping our situation. Had investment in education and our economy been done with more zeal previously in previous decades (when the same excuses were used not to invest in education), the economy would have naturally grown enormously and the military budget would have been larger (despite being a lower % of our GDP) just by the sheer increase in GDP. A lack of foresight is to be blamed. I just hope we are not repeating it again...

We all know, without beating around the bush, that education is one of the greatest saviour for Pakistan and her people, it will make a considerable difference in our society, our economy, its effects trickle down to all facets of life. Particular emphasis needs to given to female literacy, as studies have proven that an educated mother universally educates all her children irrespective of gender, improves the finances of the household(as she gives more insight on financial decisions) and as a whole is better when dealing with banks then males are and again, improve the economy as well as society.

Pakistan started off with a literacy rate of just 6-7% at the time of independence(Sadly the truth! Unbelievable), we've made considerable strides in this regard, my own family was iliterate 2 generations ago, but we shouldnt lose the momemtum and our focus, as our literacy rate is still very low comparatively speaking especially when factoring in the competitive world we live in.

So, we will wait for the next budget now, hope and pray for some insight, and see whats in store....

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom