What's new

Operation 'Decisive Storm' | Saudi lead coalition operations in Yemen - Updates & Discussions.

Oh so Mesopotamia is now part of your history? What happened to Arabia? I thought that was the cradle of civilization! :rofl:

Are you for real? how ignorant a person can be?

Here's some news for ya. Arab is not a race but a language. Todays Arabs are Greeks Africans Babylonians and egyptions and even Berbers. I'm an Arab for that i speak Arabic but my ancestors have always lived in Mesopotamia and spoke Aramaic and Akkadian before that and we are all Semites.

Let's see how much of a fool you can be.

Here's some news for ya. Arab is not a race but a language. Todays Arabs are Greeks Africans Babylonians and egyptions and even Berbers. I'm an Arab for that i speak Arabic but my ancestors have always lived in Mesopotamia.

OK let's see, today Iraqis, Syrians and Lebanese speak Arabic, so it allows a Saudi to take credit for their ancient civilizations, when they didn't speak Arabic?

With your deductive reasoning, it's no surprise everything you touch turns to sh!t!!!!

Both Farsi and Arabs needs to get through their head, It was the miracle of Islam and Nusrah from Allah Subhan o Tallah that He provided to Arabs victories over Persia and Persian should feel proud Allah blessed them with Islam. Were Arabs able to conquer Persia before Allah sent Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) among people of hijaz ? Islam was Allah gift to both Arabs and Persian. Whatever occurred isn't the birthright of both parties nor they can claim ownership of anything.

For me any arab feeling proud of arab ancesstory and not of islamic ancestory is like saying they are feeling proud of abu jahal being there fore father rather than prophet mohammad (PBUH).

OK let's see, today Iraqis, Syrians and Lebanese speak Arabic, so it allows a Saudi to take credit for their ancient civilizations, when they didn't speak Arabic?

With your deductive reasoning, it's no surprise everything you touch turns to sh!t!!!!

Being a Saudi is not a race either please continue to show how stupid you are. We have Saudis that are Africans. Can not an American Persian be proud of Persia? oh no too bad hes an American

Here's some news for ya. Arab is not a race but a language. Todays Arabs are Greeks Africans Babylonians and egyptions and even Berbers. I'm an Arab for that i speak Arabic but my ancestors have always lived in Mesopotamia and spoke Aramaic and Akkadian before that and we are all Semites.

He does not understand that all modern day Arabs are basically Semites or Hamites (two connected groups of peoples) and that all Semites originate on the Arabian Peninsula. Akkadians, Babylonians, Assyrians all originated on the Arabian Peninsula and migrated to NEARBY Mesopotamia and Levant. There is no such thing as a pure Arab. Never was. We don't even know where the first Arabs appeared other than it was in the ancient Near East. Some say Yemen some say Southern Mesopotamia some say Levant. The first recorded description of the word Arab (about 3000 years ago) comes from an Assyrian inscription in an area between Northern Arabia, Levant and Mesopotamia.

Even the Sumerians (who established themselves in nearby Southern Iraq) are believed to have originated in modern-day Eastern Arabia (google Ubaid period) which is also a stone throw away from Southern Iraq. Those are widely accepted theories among linguistics, historians and geneticists. But let them live in ignorance. We know OUR history better than some outsiders. Even the Marsh Arabs who are believed to be the closest modern day relatives of the Sumerians cluster with people of the Peninsula more than any other. Coincidence? Don't think so.

Serach on "In search of the genetic footprints of Sumerians: a survey of Y-chromosome and mtDNA variation in the Marsh Arabs of Iraq".

Not to say that the first human populations that ever existed in the ME (outside of the ME regions in Africa) many many thousands of years ago before any recorded civilization were found in today's Arabia.

They also don't understand that millions of Saudi Arabians have ancestral ties to all nearby regions and vice versa. DNA have long confirmed this. I myself have Iraqi ancestry on my father's side as do millions of others and vice versa.

@Frosty why do you even bother? Read what I wrote earlier brother. MOD EDIT: DELETED racist comment in otherwise good informative post

Last edited by a moderator:
DESPITE REPEATED REQUESTS AND WARNINGS

certain members continued to exchange expletives and used inappropriate language against each other so I am closing the thread temporarily to clean it up.
other members who want to argue within the civilized manner are requested to bear with me while I delete offensive content and deal with repeat offenders

rest assured I will ensure that people are barred from participating who lack basic social skills and resort to insults to put their point across either to provoke a response or to retaliate to something provocative.

Ground invasion is becoming likely, Saudis are clearing way through howitzers. @Oscar
seems like only the "non" middle easterns are interested in staying on topic. the real sons of the soil are busy checking the size of their manhood.

I keenly following the Pakistani evacuation, fight PIA flight has taken few hundred stranded Pakistanis and our Naval ship is also on the way. I hope our Pakistanis are safely repatriated and nothing tragic happens to them "forcing"/ convincing Pakistan to reconsider its decision.

I consider both Palestine and Jordan to be brotherly people and countries. I cannot be against any Arab country or people. I am not like certain Arabs that demonize Arabs that don't agree with their political views or whole Arab countries and their people because they are against the rulers of Arab country x or y. I don't care about sects or religion either on this front. It seems that peace between you is as likely as peace in the ME.:lol:
if you could just reconsider your POV re the Persians then that will be much appropriated
Why the heck are the Iranians shipping age old Hawk systems that take ages to set up?
Or perhaps that is all that they can ship with the condition of their own military and economy.
A better option would have been MANPADs or the like.
when you have a clueless Clerics making military and foreign policy decisions then thats the result.

How Yemen was once Egypt’s Vietnam

imrs.php.jpg

On Friday, Yemen's President Abed Rabbo Mansour Hadi arrived at the Egyptian seaside town of Sharm el-Sheik on a plane from Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. The smiling Hadi, who was about to attend a session of the Arab League, now presumably feels safer abroad, among his regional counterparts, than he would in Yemen.

Earlier in the week, Hadi was forced to flee the approaching Houthi rebel forces, who had already taken the country's capital Sanaa last year and were now eyeing the southern coastal city of Aden, where Hadi and the tattered remnants of his government had taken sanctuary.

A Saudi-led bombing campaign against the Houthis has escalated what was a civil war into a regional conflagration, pitting the Saudis and a host of Sunni Arab states against the rebel forces marshaled by the Houthis, who have Iranian backing. Egypt already dispatched a number of warships toward Aden; Egyptian officials have talked up the prospects of sending in troops should a ground invasion take place.

In the 1960s, Egypt entered into a long, costly quagmire in Yemen. The Egyptian president at the time, Gamal Abdel Nasser, a secular autocrat and a champion of pan-Arabism, chose to intervene in Yemen in support of a republican coup led by military officers seeking to oust the country's monarchy in 1962. Nasser himself came to power the decade prior on the back of an officers' coup which overthrew Egypt's fusty constitutional monarchy. Now, he wanted to help a neighboring Arab nation follow in Egypt's mold.

But Saudi Arabia was set against this state of affairs and sought to return Yemen's ruling Imam to the throne, and pumped in arms and money to royalist militias. Ironically, these included many tribesmen from the Shiite Zaydi sect, which now forms the backbone of the Houthi rebellion the Saudis are so desperate to quash.

The tens of thousands of soldiers Egypt sent in as an expeditionary force into Yemen soon found themselves on the front line of a civil war, taking the lead in the defense of Yemeni republicanism. What followed was a long, difficult conflict that ground on for nearly a decade.

According to one historian's account, Yemen proved to be "a hive of wasps" for the Egyptians, who were unable defeat the well-equipped and well-funded royalist forces. The Saudis, Jordanians and the British -- who were still running a colonial protectorate around Aden -- all provided assistance to the royalists. The Egyptians, meanwhile, received tacit support from the Soviet Union.

Western media at the time painted the intervention as a classic blunder in a woebegone, faraway land. Nasser has "lavished ill-spared funds and fighting men on the backward, arid republic of Yemen," wrote Time in 1964.

"In this terrain," the New Republic explained with Orientalist relish in 1963, "the slow-moving Nile Valley peasant has proved a poor match for the barefoot, elusive tribesmen armed only with rifle and jambiya -- the vast, curved, razor-sharp dagger which every male Yemeni wears in his belt."

At the peak of deployments, Nasser committed as many as 70,000 Egyptian soldiers to Yemen. After the war's end in 1970, Yemen remained a republic, but Egypt had paid a terrible price: More than 10,000 Egyptian soldiers died and the country ran up massive war debts. The conflict has been dubbed "Egypt's Vietnam," and is cited as one of the reasons why the Egyptian military suffered such a withering defeat in the Six-Day War with Israel in 1967.

Now, it serves as a cautionary tale more for the Saudis than the Egyptians, whose participation in "Operation Decisive Storm," writes Egyptian blogger Nervana Mahhmoud, "is more a simple acknowledgment that the leadership in Cairo cannot afford to say no to Saudi Arabia." The kingdom has doled out billions of dollars in aid to the government of Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sissi, a military officer who threw out the country's elected Islamists in 2013.

"Decisive Storm is not an operation to stabilize Yemen," writes Mahmoud. "It is an operation to restore the Saudis’ eroded pride in the face of Iran’s growing dominance in the region." There's no guarantee, though, that the current Saudi-led offensive will bring about the status quo its royals desire.

As has been the case often in Yemen's history, foreign adventures rarely go as planned.

Ground invasion is becoming likely, Saudis are clearing way through howitzers. @Oscar

This will be a very Saudi operation then. I think there is a high chance that Aden may fall to the Houthis so the Saudis(who do not possess an amphibious force or have not planned for one) may be looking to simply mow through all the way from Sanaa to Aden. and remove rebel control from these areas. That way they will not only secure the civilians coming through; they will also secure key strategic points within Yemen.

@Oscar

What Hawks are you talking about? We didn't ship any Hawks to any country including Yemen.

I was mistaken( have mentioned it in a later post). Those were Sa-6 launchers in the picture.

@Horus @Oscar

Today Decisive Storm spokesman said that there is no plan for big ground operation till the moment.
Leader of Pro-President Hadi loyalists in Aden in an interview with Al-Jazeera Arabic today said that most of the city is under their control.

Personally, I don't think there would be any Ground Operation nor should it be at the short term at least.
Let Yemenis defend their country & fight their battle, it will last more time but it is much more effective.

Lol, what a joke, you're dumber buddy, I always had this debate with my persian friends in canada, How the hell can you change the ethnicity of an entire race, Iranians include Persians, Baloch, Kurds, Arabs (khuzestan), Turkmen, Lurs and Turkish tribal groups such as Qashqai, each respective group have their independent identity, Persians are 65% of Iranian poppulation, Persian is an ethnicity, a dominant ethnicity, which had ruled an empire in the past , Iranian is a nationality.

In Pak, there are many more ethnic groups, Baloch, Pushtun, Sindhi, Punjabi, Kashmiri, Saraeki, Gilgiti, Makrani, Hazara, Hindkowans, Potohari, etc to name a few, but Punjabis are 40-50%, this doesnt mean every person in Pakistan is a Punjabi, Punjabi is just a dominant ethnicity.
So its better not live in the past , learn to live in the present.

That is because you are oblivious to history. Pakistan is not a good comparison in this case because it is not as old as Iran.

In short and in interest of thread not to be derailed just a few historical points:

Iran has always been Iran and Iranians have always been Iranians.

But since the antiquity, starting with Greeks and Romans, Iran was called Persia and Iranians were called Persians by Europeans. No body in Iran called himself Persian then and no body calls himself Persian in Iran now. No body in Iran calls Iran, Persia. Not even a single Iranian.

In 1930's Iran tried to correct this European misunderstanding of Iran, by officially requesting European governments and diplomats to replace the Persia and Persian with correct names of Iran and Iranians. Europeans obliged but in their wickedness, tried to show that Iran has "disowned" its historical heritage and old Persia is no more and the new Iran is a new creation having no claim to a past and a glorious history.

Iran then decreed that in foreign relations, both Iran and Persia can be used interchangeably.

The situation has continued till date, until the massive anti-Iran propaganda started in 1980's, so some Iranians in West, in order to protect themselves against public judgement on streets started to use Persia and Persian when communicating with you and other foreigners in order to protect themselves (physically, emotionally, politically, etc etc).

The technique works since most of the world is ignorant and does not know the historical points I have written above.

The same Iranian whom you have talked to and calls himself Persian, when he is talking in Parsi, calls himself Irani.

I hope I have remedied your ignorance on this matter.

PS. Since I do not want to derail this thread, if you want to ask anything more, you are welcome to use, Iranian Chill thread and get help there.

Last edited:
This will be a very Saudi operation then. I think there is a high chance that Aden may fall to the Houthis so the Saudis(who do not possess an amphibious force or have not planned for one) may be looking to simply mow through all the way from Sanaa to Aden. and remove rebel control from these areas. That way they will not only secure the civilians coming through; they will also secure key strategic points within Yemen.

I was mistaken( have mentioned it in a later post). Those were Sa-6 launchers in the picture.

Highly unlikely for such a move to be successful. Zaidis are fierce fighters. They are very much like the Pathans of your tribal areas. Have always fought and always won. They fight slow and long term. An organized military can not match them.

Many have tried in past. Ottomans tried and were defeated. British tried to subjugate them and failed. Egyptian tried and failed. Saudis will fail too.

Back
Top Bottom