What's new

Opposition submits no-trust motion against PM Imran

There is a huge difference. At that time, it was PTI's job to produce at least 172 MNAs, to repose confidence in the PM; but this time, it is Opposition's job to produce minimum of 172 MNAs, who vote in favor of the "No-Confidence" resolution.
Not to mention government simply walking out could fail this move

Not good enough. Precisely the same answer I gave back then to people who think that Imran Khan is powerless. He has enough power. He wants to play it nicely according to the rules. That is a joke. You don't apply rules when dealing with thugs and murderers.

Like I said, Imran Khan will find out soon enough what being mr. nice guy means.

I have a great regard for you, and your posts, which I often read; but here you are greatly mistaken. I have closely observed the politics of this country, for the last at least 45 years, and have met quite a number of politicians and political workers, during this period. It is not that easy. IK is a wounded lion, trying to put up a fight. I support him, for this enormous task.

I have a great regard for you, and your posts, which I often read; but here you are greatly mistaken. I have closely observed the politics of this country, for the last at least 45 years, and have met quite a number of politicians and political workers, during this period. It is not that easy. IK is a wounded lion, trying to put up a fight. I support him, for this enormous task.

- I support Imran Khan above any crook in Pakistan.
- I disagree with his velvet glove method to deal with crooks in Pakistan.

It looks like we are in for uncertain period. It does not make sense for PDM to come forward with this no confidence motion.

Possible reasons ?
1- EVMs
2- COAS 2nd extension
3- External influence/motivesbcx of Pakistan's new security policy

We know COAS had done a international trip recently and oposition mebers have met various ambasadors. It will be good to know where China stands in all this and has anyone from PDM had any meetings with chinese recently.

Not to mention government simply walking out could fail this move

No need to walk out. They are not even required to attend the session. It is now solely Opposition's job to produce 172 votes in the favor of the resolution.

- I support Imran Khan above any crook in Pakistan.
- I disagree with his velvet glove method to deal with crooks in Pakistan.

There is no "velvet glove". His constitutional powers are extremely limited. He has virtually no control on Superior Judiciary, NAB and Establishment. There is hardly anything left. He simply can't do much; but still trying to do, whatever he can.

Last edited:
I don't get the idea behind it. if they do these things at unstable times like these people will just think them as traitors. shouldn't they just wait it out?
or is the "establishment" doing this to further discredit the opposition and have an even bigger majority for Imran?

Read all of my previous posts regarding PTI handling of Nawaz Sharif and traitors in general. Every word that I said and every prediction that I made is turning out to be true.

I told you guys. Imran Khan's inability to tackle PPP and PML-N will haunt him. He had a golden opportunity to handout a death blow to PML-N and PPP. Instead he let Nawazoo flee to London. The corrupt gang is challenging the writ of the state as predicted. The Americans and Indians are lending a helping hand.

You reap what you sow. Inaction amounts to complicity. Now I will lean back and watch how this shitshow unfolds. I also have an answer to that, but would rather keep it to myself.
What is the conclusion?

They are offering 85 to 100 crores to any PTI member agreeing to vote against PMIK in this foreign sponsored subversion attempt
that's exaggerate i think 15-18 crore make sense.

I have closely observed the politics of this country, for the last at least 45 years, and have met quite a number of politicians and political workers, during this period. It is not that easy. IK is a wounded lion, trying to put up a fight. I support him, for this enormous task.

With my very limited understanding of ground level Pakistani politics, I get the impression of IK as being well intentioned and not prone to corruption. Although he does give that "boys will be boys" vibe on certain societal issues, at least he speaks his mind.

On India Pak relations I feel we missed the bus. IK was a good leader to deal with on such matters. But then I am not sure how much things are in his control.

that's exaggerate i think 15-18 crore make sense.

Not really .. Even a Senate seat in Pakistan is sold for up to 800 million rupees... Opposition needs just a few more members, they can pay even more than that .. Zardari is very confident that they will succeed .. let's see if the international establishment succeeds against IK with the help of their puppets in Pakistan

With my very limited understanding of ground level Pakistani politics, I get the impression of IK as being well intentioned and not prone to corruption. Although he does give that "boys will be boys" vibe on certain societal issues, at least he speaks his mind.

On India Pak relations I feel we missed the bus. IK was a good leader to deal with on such matters. But then I am not sure how much things are in his control.

Sir Jee: I don't think so. Hindu-Muslim conflict, in this Subcontinent, is a far far deeper issue, with very intense imprints of history and it's factuality, interpretations and impacts on the collective psyche of both elite Hindus and Muslims. Indo-Pak conflicts are mere expression of that deeper cleavage. That perhaps can be dealt in some other thread.

IK is personally a good person but goons he gathered undermined him severely. Shehzad Akbar, Zulfi bukhari and many others did nothing. Firdous Ashiq Awan is another genius.

Back
Top Bottom