What's new

Orissa temple purified after low caste minister visit

Status
Not open for further replies.
and all the pakistanis reacting to this article....read about the steps taken since independence to root out casteism...there have been scheduled lists of low castes...
people form 'lower castes' are given 40%reservation in govt jobs and colleges!

Wow, i think I've touched a sensitive snare... I've always noticed that when such a topic is being discussed Indians usually try to twist and turn. Anyhow, if the Indians believe that this is right, so be it for them.

Its a temple ritual, restricted to the temple premises.

What is so evil about it? Is someone being denied their human rights?

Ever heard about the human rights of equality and being treated as equal ?

These temples are public property and hence public must be allowed and thats what democracy is all about !

Regards

What crap ? Were you alive when God gave you this crapy rules ? These are bad practices and Indian must throw those who practice in jail and that includes you. Neo please purify this website when people post such horrible posts justifying caste systems.

Regards

Always Neutral should realize how social system has built up. its not something I came up with for this website. I am not biased or justifying modren caste system. Common have a wider view of picture; you realize it.

It takes atleast 6-8 years to learn temple rituals. Today only few non brahmins across the country has achieved it and they have been honored. But its true that many brahmins doenst practice..but they get the job as they are the best in local.

What crap ? Were you alive when God gave you this crapy rules ? These are bad practices and Indian must throw those who practice in jail and that includes you. Neo please purify this website when people post such horrible posts justifying caste systems.

Regards

Yes you see, you see, you are from England, you see, this is hindu india... You people often think hindus are very cultured, yes one can be cultured but culture has nothing to do with hinduist approach... you do not know how even Christians are discriminated... just visit india one time and you will find that hinduism is the most horrible and dangerously discriminating ideology.... hinduism is based upon racism...

That is why I said a low caste hindu can enter a Mosque, a Church, but he cannot enter a hindu temple ironically... All low caste members it is my personal suggestion to you, if you want to get human dignity, and still if you want to have a religion.... embrace Islam... because then your Muslim brothers will never discriminate you... never...

Ever heard about the human rights of equality and being treated as equal ? These temples are public property and hence public must be allowed and thats what democracy is all about !
Regards

No one is objected to enter temple. As a hindu anyone can enter. Temple area is restricted to nonhindus and tat also if they find you with your skin or dress. Everyone is allowed.
BUt NO one allowed to touch the idol. DO U UNDERSTAND. ITS NOT DESCRIMINATION> ITS A RULE.

the practice is insane!
for those who disagree...i suggest pick your 7th class civics book and read the chapter on human rights.

Ever heard about the human rights of equality and being treated as equal ?

These temples are public property and hence public must be allowed and thats what democracy is all about !

Regards

Nonsense. Religious rituals are not supposed to be decided by adult franchise.

Who says temples are public property?

In churches, only the Priest is allowed to perform the ritual. Is that a violation of human rights as well? Shouldn't everyone be allowed to deliver the sermon, perhaps turn-by-turn, so that the process becomes more democratic?

The Orissan temples are very orthodox in their religious practices, and as long as the laws of the land are secular, I don't see what the problem is in letting people do whatever ritual they want to.

As long as the temple premises are not being used to propagate any sort of political ideology which could challenge the secular state, where is the problem?

Yes you see, you see, you are from England, you see, this is hindu india... You people often think hindus are very cultured, yes one can be cultured but culture has nothing to do with hinduist approach... you do not know how even Christians are discriminated... just visit india one time and you will find that hinduism is the most horrible and dangerously discriminating ideology.... hinduism is based upon racism...

That is why I said a low caste hindu can enter a Mosque, a Church, but he cannot enter a hindu temple ironically... All low caste members it is my personal suggestion to you, if you want to get human dignity, and still if you want to have a religion.... embrace Islam... because then your Muslim brothers will never discriminate you... never...

hahaha..!
why dont you preach islam right here on defence.pk?if i am impressed i'd surely jump the boat!

hahaha..!
why dont you preach islam right here on defence.pk?if i am impressed i'd surely jump the boat!

Why are you bringing Islam in this discussion? Are you annoyed? Just don't try to justify wrongdoing. We cannot condone wrongdoing. There are certain practices within the Hindu religion that aren't tolerable in a civilized world. Within Islamic countries there are certain cultural practices that are also backward and intolerable. We need to reject both equally.

and all the pakistanis reacting to this article....read about the steps taken since independence to root out casteism...there have been scheduled lists of low castes...
people form 'lower castes' are given 40%reservation in govt jobs and colleges!

So you support caste based reservation....? My God... !!! It is not right to support caste based of reservation, because low castes will never be able develop their merit up to the level of general population... it is a bluff and it is doing more harm to them....

Do you have someone called Moulvi or head of massid??? Why do you have him and he preech all religious stuff???? Why not to you...
You should learn it right??? You have islamic schools to teach the religion

In India govt doesnt run any schools to reach hinduism. PPl with own interst should learn in temples. Those who associated with temples and learn that rituals will become priests and they are allowed to serve god.

STOP your nonsense! Try to become mature and respect other religion. Thats the first thing u should do as Muslim

Why are you bringing Islam in this discussion? Are you annoyed? Just don't try to justify wrongdoing. We cannot condone wrongdoing.

your kid wanted people to convert to islam...i wasn't the one who brught islam into this.

So you support caste based reservation....? My God... !!! It is not right to support caste based of reservation, because low castes will never be able develop their merit up to the level of general population... it is a bluff and it is doing more harm to them....

god...!
you cannot be a communist!!!
more than the bias....the 'low-caste' people had a traditional economic handicap.the steps were to remove that handicap.

your kid wanted people to convert to islam...i wasn't the one who brught islam into this.

My kid? What the hell you going on about? Nobody is trying to convert anyone. You cannot hide the fact that Indian society has huge problems with the lower and upper caste practice. Minorities are treated very badly. I sense you are very emotional and angry at this point. Take a breather dude... We're just having a discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom