What's new

Our India-centric approach

It cuts both ways.. Few bombs went off in Pakistan, extremists picked up weapons on FATA & SAWAT against Pak military, somewhere Sunnis & Shias clashed & Musharaff was quick to point finger at India. It is the same distrust which has fuelled these rancorous feelings for eachother..

Let me tell you its not pointing fingers as soon as an incident takes place just India and its official who do not miss a chance to do so.

Coming to Swat and FATA and sunni shia clash.

Indeed India has stalks in these.
the problem does exist in these areas which is indeed internal resulted outs of US proxies in the past,
But the situation is being exploited to great extend not US but also India.
with changing world, US, India are coming closer same is the situation of US ignoring and looking another way to Indian involvment in sabotage activities in Pakistan specially in Balochistan and now in restive FATA also.
UK had declared BLA (Balochistan Liberation Army a Terrorist outfit) as terrorist organization while US has not done so why?
Despite the fact that now BLA works under the nose of US in Afghanistan being funded by India and also used by US and India collectively.

the recent shia, sunni clashes started on Friday have also are handywork of anti-Pakistan elements exploiting the current political crises in Pakistan.
The elements who had started all that according to Local of Parachinar (and i am quoting them as what they told me and my newspaper) are Afghan bases and being supported by Afghan commanders.
Now what you think in Afghanistan is against Pakistan ???

The Northern Alliance indeed, which is again backed and supported by India.

BTW, my point wasn't that. What I was trying to iterate here was that the author of the article on one hand speaks of alienating the India specific mentality of Pakistan yet he couldn't desist from picking up on India & trying desperately hard to show in the bad light.

Well i cant say about him but being wirter he had to mention all the aspects when argue things.
and its an open fact that India does not have any love for Pakistan.

Overall, Pakistan ranked as the top developing-world arms buyer in 2006 with $5.1 billion in new deals. India, traditionally a purchaser of Russian weapons but now being heavily courted by the United States, placed a distant second with agreements valued at $3.5 billion.

The majority of those purchases are from US aid provided under the WoT are they not?

In that case it would be incorrect to suggest that Pakistan should be utilizing those resources for socio-economic purposes, since the Aid is conditionally military.

BTW, my point wasn't that. What I was trying to iterate here was that the author of the article on one hand speaks of alienating the India specific mentality of Pakistan yet he couldn't desist from picking up on India & trying desperately hard to show in the bad light.

If the author is attempting to draw comparisons between the policies of two countries, and indicate where he would like the policies of one to diverge from those of the other - how can he do that without expounding upon what he sees as "faults" in the policies of India?

I don't see "desperate attempts to portray India in a bad light", but rather simply an analysis and comparison of Indian policies, that he deems flawed, with those of Pakistan.

Let me update you on who is the biggest arms purchaser now. Here, is the link
Arms Control Association: Arms Control Today: U.S. Again Outsells Other Arms Suppliers

Oh realy :)

if my memory is not that bad India plans to buy about US$30 billion worth of military equipment between 2007-2012 and this means INDIA is the developing world's largest arms purchaser.
Discussions are also ongoing between India and US manufacturer Lockheed Martin to buy eight P3-C Orion maritime surveillance aircraft at a cost of $650 million, coupled with 16 multi-mission MH-60R Sikorsky helicopters costing about $400 million. Raytheon is negotiating the sale of its Patriot PAC-3 anti-missile systems to India, too.

While in September India floated its biggest-ever military tender, for the purchase of 126 multi-role combat aircraft worth $10 billion. Lockheed-Martin and Boeing are lobbying hard to sell their F-16 and F/A-18 fighter planes to India.

:WOOT: my mind my dear Bushroda if all above is not false than we can understand who is the worlds biggest arms purchaser

INDIA
there are other deals too if you want me to post these too ;)

Don't you think that given the resources Pakistan has got it is overstretching itself in buying arms when it still has got 23% hungry people. But unlike others, I understand that Pakistan is fighting a war against extremists & needs arms & ammunition.
We still do not have farmers committing suicide in large number unlike India where the poverty level is much much higher rather touches the one of the highest in the world.

Similarly, India is modernizing its armed forces and ofcourse it is justified given that Pakistan did a Kargil fiasco less than a decade back. Morover, India's growing economy needs fuel. A strong military would make sure that India's interest are protected & that it isn't bullied by anyone.

:lol: you mean Pakistan bullied India :lol:

Its india that is bullying small nation in Sub-continent just check India has a conflict almost all the important countries of Sub-continent right from Pakistan to Bangladesh.

So i do not see indian millitary build up as saving her self from being bullied by Pakistan or Bangladesh.
Rather you must accept that all Indian build up is CHINA-Centric and thus materialising Indian dream of becoming Regional Power by surpassing China while playing lap of US.

corruption is everywhere and in every field it is no excuse to justfy the immense level of Poverty in India.

If despite corruption in weapons deal, if the Indian Arms purchase tops the world why not poverty could be eleminated.

You must accept that in quest to become a world Power India is killing its people with Hunger.

?? ITs not like India is channeling funds from Poverty-Hatao programs to arms deals. The two don't have any relation to each other at all..sufficient funds can be allocated for both.

So India isn't "killing its people to become a world power" That idea is completely ridiculous.

Corruption isn't an "excuse", its the "reason" for lack of success in improving standard of living....sheesh...

Oh realy :)

if my memory is not that bad India plans to buy about US$30 billion worth of military equipment between 2007-2012 and this means INDIA is the developing world's largest arms purchaser.
Discussions are also ongoing between India and US manufacturer Lockheed Martin to buy eight P3-C Orion maritime surveillance aircraft at a cost of $650 million, coupled with 16 multi-mission MH-60R Sikorsky helicopters costing about $400 million. Raytheon is negotiating the sale of its Patriot PAC-3 anti-missile systems to India, too.

While in September India floated its biggest-ever military tender, for the purchase of 126 multi-role combat aircraft worth $10 billion. Lockheed-Martin and Boeing are lobbying hard to sell their F-16 and F/A-18 fighter planes to India.

:WOOT: my mind my dear Bushroda if all above is not false than we can understand who is the worlds biggest arms purchaser

INDIA
there are other deals too if you want me to post these too ;)

Plans are plans and can't be held substantial unless they mature. Whereas Pakistan actually bought $5.1 billion worth of arms in just one year. A very huge amount considering that Pak economy is just 1/8th of India's. And even if let's say all these deals go through still India would be spending on an average $6 billion a year. Far less than Pakistan in terms of per capita expenditure. It doesn't make any sense when your own government is busy buying J10s & FC1s & you are here lecturing India for buying arms at the expense of poor & hungry people.

BTW, read that report. It isn't from an Indian source. And as it speaks Pakistan is the top arms buyer currently. What happens by 2012? we can wait & see.

We still do not have farmers committing suicide in large number unlike India where the poverty level is much much higher rather touches the one of the highest in the world.

Who would know that when Pak government has a habit of cracking down on media for anything which is considered degrading? Afterall, didn't Musharaff ban the NGOs saying that they try to malign Pakistan? Didn't he stop Mukhataran Mai from visiting US saying that rape is a tool for them to get quick canadian emmigration.

I came across an interesting article in NGC & I am posting the exert here.
Pakistan - Reza's Field Notes - National Geographic Magazine

Pakistan has a very big heroin problem—the number of drug addicts is very high—and I wanted to photograph this story. Of course, the government does not want this story told, so, in Karachi, I took all the necessary precautions to make sure that the police would not follow me while I was working on this story.

Clearly tells you how things are controlled. How do we know that Musharaff wouldn't try to hide something that would be an embaressment for him & Pakistan(hoping that he actually has Pakistan's interests in mind).

BTW, here are some exerts from worldbank

Pakistan Data Profile (http://devdata.worldbank.org/external/CPProfile.asp?PTYPE=CP&CCODE=PAK)

Mortality rate, infant (per 1,000 live births) 79.0 ..
Mortality rate, under-5 (per 1,000) 99.0 ..
Births attended by skilled health staff (% of total) .. 31.0
School enrollment, primary (% gross) 87.3 ..
School enrollment, secondary (% gross) 26.9 ..
School enrollment, tertiary (% gross) 4.6 ..
Ratio of girls to boys in primary and secondary education (%) 75.4 ..
Literacy rate, adult total (% of people ages 15 and above) .. 49.9

India Data Profile (http://devdata.worldbank.org/external/CPProfile.asp?PTYPE=CP&CCODE=IND)
Mortality rate, infant (per 1,000 live births) 56.0 ..
Mortality rate, under-5 (per 1,000) 74.0 ..
Births attended by skilled health staff (% of total) 42.5 .. ..
School enrollment, primary (% gross) 119.2 ..
School enrollment, secondary (% gross) 56.6 ..
School enrollment, tertiary (% gross) 11.4 ..
Ratio of girls to boys in primary and secondary education (%) 88.7

As for Poverty, take a look here

Global Hunger Index 2007
Pakistan = 22.70 diff= +3.03
India = 25.03 dif = +8.7

Islamabad News

So clearly Pakistan has just as many problems as India has got. Having 2% less hungry people than India doesn't make Pakistan a paradise. By posting all these stats I am not trying to dig up dirt on Pakistan but just to remind you that look into your own sleeves before indulging into mudslinging.

:lol: you mean Pakistan bullied India :lol:

Sorry lady, but by bulling I implied bullying by west or China over the control of oil which is necessary for the growth momentum of economy. Given India's population it would need massive amount of energy resources & somewhere its interests are definately going to clash with the developed economies & China. This is why India needs strong military & therefore these arms procurements are happening.

Its india that is bullying small nation in Sub-continent just check India has a conflict almost all the important countries of Sub-continent right from Pakistan to Bangladesh.

So i do not see indian millitary build up as saving her self from being bullied by Pakistan or Bangladesh.
Rather you must accept that all Indian build up is CHINA-Centric and thus materialising Indian dream of becoming Regional Power by surpassing China while playing lap of US.

Is it India's fault that all its neighbors barring China are countries suffering from internal conflicts, poor administration. Pakistan itself hasn't got very sound relations with any of its own neighbors... India in east, Iran & Afghanistan in west.

You are right atleast in saying that India's buildup is definately China specific. Afterall, they are the most powerful of our neighbors & if we can protect ourselves from them we can do so from anybody in the region.

As for Indian buildup I gave you the reasons.
1) To stop Pakistan or any other country from trying a misadventure like Kargil.
2) To protect our economic interests.

You are free to believe anything otherwise.

The article is clearly meant for Pakistani audience.. to provide them with a sense of hopefulness & instill a feel good feeling in this dire time.

But the fact that the author himself couldn't desist from speaking about India & trying in vain desperation to show India in the bad light all the time itself speaks of how much India centric he himself is.

Perfect response. Thats what I felt after reading this biased arctical. The author has tried is best to make it non-india centric , but hasnt succeded finally coming up with a crap artical.

Back
Top Bottom