What's new

Overseas Pakistanis Can Now Be Arrested For ‘Anti State’ Social Media Remarks

Unless you have diplomatic immunity or the golden minority card, Pakistani law would apply to you regardless.
Yeah, also my country s laws will apply on me as foreign citizen. In my country, freedom of speech and criticism of government or politicians isn't a crime. Pakistan being a signatory of Geneva convention also comes under this international law of freedom of speech . If arrested I can take Pakistani government to a court in my country or international court of justice.

Good point.i guess I might have to switch

How?.
Did u get rid of your ID and what was the procedure to do it

It makes no difference; when you enter Pakistan, its laws will apply. The most U.S. and U.K. governments can do is get consular access, if the Interior Ministry allows, to ensure you are not getting beaten down. Even the U.S. Embassy says you are responsible for lawyering up.

My father is in Pakistan right now, and he's not had any issues. After the May 9th round-ups, people are scared to do anything; look at the current situation: IK is in jail, and no one got out on the streets.

Now that politically active people are on the radar, it's a different story entering Pakistan.

It makes no difference; when you enter Pakistan, its laws will apply. The most U.S. and UK governments can do is get consular access, if the Interior Ministry allows, to ensure you are not getting beaten down. Even the U.S. Embassy says you are responsible for lawyering up.
No. If visa agreement is violated the embassy will intervene.
Visa agreement is as per international laws, not local laws.
Freedom of speech is international law.
If I as British citizen gets arrested by Pakistan for a tweet or Tiktok in which I expressed my opinion about Pakistan government or institution, it's my freedom of speech, not a crime .
If I get arrested for this I have the right under Geneva convention to take government of Pakistan to international court of justice

The playbook they are working with is being used the world over in one form or the other. They think this can be fixed in time, people have short memories and can be easily swayed like they have been done before. Problem is they do not have the money to make it work according to their needs. It will be bankrolled by someone else and it will be the investors needs that will be met. What they are expecting is pretty impossible going forward in this day and age. Either way, I dont wish them any luck in what they are trying to acomplish.

Good point.i guess I might have to switch

How?.
Did u get rid of your ID and what was the procedure to do it
You can get rid of Pakistani citizenship by applying for it to Pakistan embassy. They will cancel your citizenship.
Then you can get POC card .
That counts as an entry document, but not a travel document, and you enter Pakistan as foreign citizen.
Even better , go to Pakistan on visa. Once you enter on visa, you cannot be classed as Pakistani citizen, even if you have Pakistani citizenship.

If you enter Pakistan on NICOP , your FCUKD under the current draconian and nonsense regime.
To them we are criminals for having dual citizenship. But their leader operates from our country Britain , and their entire leadership resides in my country of residence and citizenship. That's not bad in their pea sized brains 😂😂

P S. I am very ashamed to write all this, but unfortunately we are dealing with a regime who has no shame anyways.

Last edited:
No. If visa agreement is violated the embassy will intervene.
Visa agreement is as per international laws, not local laws.
Freedom of speech is international law.
If I as British citizen gets arrested by Pakistan for a tweet or Tiktok in which I expressed my opinion about Pakistan government or institution, it's my freedom of speech, not a crime .
If I get arrested for this I have the right under Geneva convention to take government of Pakistan to international court of justice

There are agreements as per the entry and exit of nationals on the international level on top of how visa issuances are done. However, local laws will apply; even the American embassy says so on its website: Arrest of a U.S. Citizen - U.S. Embassy & Consulates in Pakistan (usembassy.gov)

Freedom of speech, being international law, means nothing.

** Breaking visa rules with illegal entry is one thing; expressing your opinion about the Pakistan government and thinking a visa will protect you is a fallacy.

I have already discussed this with one of the top law firms in the U.S. and other legal experts. You can take them to international court, and nothing will happen.

There are agreements as per the entry and exit of nationals on the international level on top of how visa issuances are done. However, local laws will apply; even the American embassy says so on its website: Arrest of a U.S. Citizen - U.S. Embassy & Consulates in Pakistan (usembassy.gov)

Freedom of speech, being international law, means nothing.

I have already discussed this with one of the top law firms in the U.S. and other legal experts. You can take them to international court, and nothing will happen.
You discussed with a stupid lawyer.
Geneva convention applies to all signatories.
Plus USA is part and party of this current tyranny in Pakistan, and the statement on their website is Pakistan specific, as they are pulling the strings.
IK was correct all along.

You discussed with a stupid lawyer.
Geneva convention applies to all signatories.
Plus USA is part and party of this current tyranny in Pakistan, and the statement on their website is Pakistan specific, as they are pulling the strings.
IK was correct all along.

You are talking without any substance for the sake of talking:

Your British Embassy in Pakistan is saying what the Americans are saying:

Information pack for British nationals arrested or detained in Pakistan - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

The Geneva Convention mainly applies to active land, air, and sea conflict zones. While there are laws on visas, it's laid out clearly concerning refugees, state-less people, and foreign workers and how things will be processed. However, nothing stops a nation-state from arresting you and dragging your *** to court. Also, nation-states can regulate their freedom of speech laws, and international regulations require local laws to be respected.

Now if you expect to be like that British National Shayan talk shit in London, and get a Visa to visit Pakistan and not have your as*-hole violated, then by all means, you try and let me know how the international conventions will protect you.

@jhungary wife is a lawyer and would be able to know more or explain more.

Last edited:
Yeah, also my country s laws will apply on me as foreign citizen. In my country, freedom of speech and criticism of government or politicians isn't a crime. Pakistan being a signatory of Geneva convention also comes under this international law of freedom of speech . If arrested I can take Pakistani government to a court in my country or international court of justice.

Pakistani law applies in the land of Pakistan. It would be a direct threat to sovereignty of the country if otherwise.

You want to play with fire. Sure go ahead. Don't complain about the burns.

All I can say at this point is that Pakistan has dug a very deep hole for itself. Overseas Pakistanis really don't give a hoot about Pakistan anymore. Just look at the state of this country. It will only get worse.

Pakistan is guilty for many crimes. It is payback time. With interest.

Extracts from a tweet.
(NICOP) Nadra Card/Pakistani passport should be blocked Their entry into Pakistan should be banned Or file a case and share DATA at the airports and they should be arrested at the airports as soon as they come to Pakistan These people have destroyed the image of Pakistan and made the country a spectacle
Nice Joke.
Its Pakistan you are talking about, How about they try doing this on the Afghan border :D Than Fooji ki har cheez kampti :D

All I can say at this point is that Pakistan has dug a very deep hole for itself. Overseas Pakistanis really don't give a hoot about Pakistan anymore. Just look at the state of this country. It will only get worse.

Pakistan is guilty for many crimes. It is payback time. With interest.

Indeed, Establishment will have to pay, the amount of damage they have caused with thier experiments has been a disaster, IK is only the last hope but generals seem in no mood to back off.

Indeed, Establishment will have to pay, the amount of damage they have caused with thier experiments has been a disaster, IK is only the last hope but generals seem in no mood to back off.

We have seen the performance since Imran's departure. So has the entire world. This performance isn't improving anytime soon.

You are talking without any substance for the sake of talking:

Your British Embassy in Pakistan is saying what the Americans are saying:

Information pack for British nationals arrested or detained in Pakistan - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

The Geneva Convention mainly applies to active land, air, and sea conflict zones. While there are laws on visas, it's laid out clearly concerning refugees, state-less people, and foreign workers and how things will be processed. However, nothing stops a nation-state from arresting you and dragging your *** to court. Also, nation-states can regulate their freedom of speech laws, and international regulations require local laws to be respected.

Now if you expect to be like that British National Shayan talk shit in London, and get a Visa to visit Pakistan and not have your as*-hole violated, then by all means, you try and let me know how the international conventions will protect you.

@jhungary wife is a lawyer and would be able to know more or explain more.
There should be a test case in the international court. IK started it, but him being the lobotomous بونگا ended the case before it could start.
What IK forgets is that it's not just about him. It's about the lack of justice in Pakistan and the 11000 innocent people still rotting in prisons without trial or evidence of wrong doing.
Who will give them justice?

About us ethnic Pakistanis with foreign nationality,we are giving up on Pakistan more and more.
Just until 2 years ago, I used to go to Pakistan annually and spend average of 10k pounds in my few weeks visit in tourism , hotels, restaurants, car hire and such.
In essence we are the biggest source of foreign tourism in Pakistan.
But PDM and Asim Munir have successfully scared us away. No plans on visiting Pakistan . Instead will spend money and time on exposing Pakistan and military on social media.

Back
Top Bottom