What's new

PAC/JF-17 - DxB Air Show 2019

Do you realise following pic which you shared in this thread is the first ever pic of JF-17 with Laser Guided bombs
View attachment 590008
BTW its 'blk-I' Jf-17

Universal standard for Aircraft stores ....
For basic layout and understanding: plz read

JF-17 Blk-2 uses MIL-STD-1553.

But this confirms PAC has the ability to manufacture the fiber optic data bus MIL-STD-1773. Indicating JF-17 Blk-3 will likely be equipped with it.

JF-17 Blk-2 uses MIL-STD-1553.

But this confirms PAC has the ability to manufacture the fiber optic data bus MIL-STD-1773. Indicating JF-17 Blk-3 will likely be equipped with it.
IF I am not wrong
MIL-STD-1553 is for radar and avionics, while MIL-STD-1773 is related to weapon and store management .... and JF-17 program is following these universal standards from the beginning

IF I am not wrong
MIL-STD-1553 is for radar and avionics, while MIL-STD-1773 is related to weapon and store management .... and JF-17 program is following these universal standards from the beginning
Did some searching, all I could find was that application wise both are same and change is just in physical layer. 1773 is just a 1553 where electrical transmission is replaced by optical media for greater bandwidth.
However could be that weapon systems started using MIL-STD-1773 earlier than FCS as they are more bandwidth intensive.
CD vs MP3 scenario, both do the same thing, one is more compact and faster.
Only MIL-STD-1553 acknowledged for JF-17 till date.

Did some searching, all I could find was that application wise both are same and change is just in physical layer. 1773 is just a 1553 where electrical transmission is replaced by optical media for greater bandwidth.
However could be that weapon systems started using MIL-STD-1773 earlier than FCS as they are more bandwidth intensive.

@messiach or another senior member here mentioned about usage of fiber optic cables in JF-17 but I can't remember if it was for flight controls or weapon operations.

sorry mistake at my end.... I mixed up MIL-STD-1760 with MIL-STD-1773, former is related to weapon and store

Inclusion: If anyone interested about MIL-STD-1553 could read about it here and for MIL-STD-1773 plz visit here, and for weapon and for store management MIL-STD-1760 plz visit here

Last edited:
IMG_4876.JPG

Everything is same old except ferry range cAtac listed 3000km with three drop tanks so this must be w/o all external tanks

Can some one confirm at event ?

Last time basic range was 1800 km and with all 3 drop tanks or 2x1100 and 1x 800 liters was 3000 km

So this looks like all internal plus one 800 liter range ? Not sure [emoji848]

Wingspan 8.5 vs ~9.5 for dual seater and block 3 which was confirmed during interview by Chinese so

Last edited:
On the first video, did you take any pictures showing the weapon systems on the aviation research innovation development poster? Correct me if I am wrong, but I can see an Anka like drone, radars and some sort of
RIM-116 Rolling Airframe Missile like weapon system. @Bilal Khan (Quwa)
I read the poster from the video it says
Medium Altitude long endurance drone
High speed target drone
AESA radar
Digital flight control system
My vid is bugging so ask someone else for the rest or look yourself at 1080P video quality

Back
Top Bottom