What's new

PAC launches updated website: New info for JF-17

mean_bird

Reaction score
Apologies if this has been posted before since I have been away for some time. If that is the case, simply delete this thread.

The Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) Kamra has updated its website.​

Check it out at

Pakistan Aeronautical Complex

Notice the updated information about JF-17 Thunder, particularly the thrust-to-weight ratio which is stated to be around 1.01.

Physical
Length 47 ft
Height 15.5 ft
Wingspan 31 ft
Empty Weight 14,520 lb

Performance
Maximum Take Off Weight 27,300 lb

Max Mach No 1.6

Maximum Speed 700 Knots IAS

Service Ceiling 55,500 ft

Thrust to Weight Ratio 1.01 approx

Maximum Engine Thrust 19,180 lb

G Limit +8,-3

Ferry Range 1,880 NM

Armament

No of Stations 07

Total Load Capacity 8000 lb

NB:(unless this is a mistake) note it states that PAC will have exclusive rights to manufacture 58% of the airframe.

The aircraft will have an edge over its contemporary aircraft particularly Indian light combat aircraft (LCA) in its cost effectiveness, early availability and supportability.

India again and the website meant to JF-17 by Govt of Pakistan!!! :rolleyes:

Cost effectiveness, early availability and supportability don't mean edge.

so it became true.

i know this from dec

it is exactly 1 if the Rd-33 engine thrust is 92KN

LCA is yet to prove its capabilities
LCA is still in theoratical specs stage.

in early availability and cost JFT is ahead.and i am damn sure JFT will be ahead then LCA in peformance too.

LCA is yet to prove its capabilities
LCA is still in theoratical specs stage.

in early availability and cost JFT is ahead.and i am damn sure JFT will be ahead then LCA in peformance too.

why no buyer jet..?

also if you had read the full information , they are calling it a 3rd generation fighter aircraft.

It is better then now written on the site (which is still not professional). I will write the PR manager.

About the upgraded info. It is for the customers. Not for PAF.

Cost effectiveness:
It means it will provide the required support with less resource requirements for much longer time, freeing up the time, material and men to spend it on other vital tasks both during war and peace.
(read more about German Vs Russian designs specially in context to the nightmare job of servicing Panzers vs. T33s and T34s). result was that the Russian weapons spent less time in the repair and maintenance shop and more in the field.

Early availability:
That’s the very essence of running a campaign. No matter how good a system or platform maybe. If its not available in time of need its good as nothing. Early availability of a platform means the commander has the flexibility and choice to deploy it. Its an open secret that both countries only have a flight time of more or less 6 minutes to invade each other’s airspace. Now someone tell me does that leave any room for such a luxury to wait for our aircraft to arrive some time later?
back in 71 we were promised that the 6th or 7th American fleet will come and save East Pakistan from falling. Till today it hasn’t made it to the shores of Bangladesh. No matter how awesome that fleet was, the fact remains that it never in time when it mattered.

Supportability
Since PAF doctrine is mainly based on Multi role jets so it very much makes sense that the proposed aircraft fulfils that role and JF-17 thankfully does it with impressive results. It is not only a very capable force multiplier of our latest additions of Block 52 F-16s but it has the flexibility to also replace both Mirage and A-5s in the air strike role. So on one hand it will be supporting both air force & army against the aerial threat its ground attack role means it will support our artillery and armour in destroying the enemy in either offensive or defensive role.

So in short all these above elements are very much part and parcel of managing an air force. The resources are always limited and so it the time and the military is always trained religiously to adapt, improvise and respond to a changing situation. Specially war itself is a fluid concept. The chest board is not fixed, the roles are dictated by one who takes the initiative and deploys what is available “NOW”. That’s where the flexibility of support comes into play.

Why Reference LCA?
I think Pakistan would compare its first aircraft with the first Indian aircraft for reference and comparison. Patriotism & rivalry aside, any such comparison by either side works both ways and only helps to either raise the bar even further or adjust where there is deficiency. I think Americans do the same when they compare the Russian & European jets against theirs.

All the best

Why Reference LCA?
I think Pakistan would compare its first aircraft with the first Indian aircraft for reference and comparison. Patriotism & rivalry aside, any such comparison by either side works both ways and only helps to either raise the bar even further or adjust where there is deficiency. I think Americans do the same when they compare the Russian & European jets against theirs.

All the best

you guys wont progress if you keep on making such stupid comparisons...

Back
Top Bottom