What's new

PAF and US women pilots and service women

^^ Good opinion but this shall not promote negative opinions about women capabilities.

They deserve an equal chance and very few desire and make to such fields.

I'm sure there are no compromises made in US standards for women pilots!

Actually, that was one of the BIG problems in the early years, the 1990's. The political pressure was on to have female fighter pilots, and the first batch received special treatment and reduced standards. Even today, I'd strongly suspect there are quotas and such that must be filled. If so, that is obscene. Placement into a cockpit should be 100% merit, and if that means all men, so be it.

There are no female Navy SEALs... there isn't a female in the world who could handle the physical requirements for the job. And believe me, while a fighter cockpit isn't a Navy SEAL environment, it is a long way from a video game or simple button pushing.

^^ Good opinion but this shall not promote negative opinions about women capabilities.
They deserve an equal chance and very few desire and make to such fields.

Actually, that was one of the BIG problems in the early years, the 1990's. The political pressure was on to have female fighter pilots, and the first batch received special treatment and reduced standards. Even today, I'd strongly suspect there are quotas and such that must be filled. If so, that is obscene. Placement into a cockpit should be 100% merit, and if that means all men, so be it.

There are no female Navy SEALs... there isn't a female in the world who could handle the physical requirements for the job. And believe me, while a fighter cockpit isn't a Navy SEAL environment, it is a long way from a video game or simple button pushing.

US Air Force during WWII had same opinion about Black Fighter pilots. But once they got chance they proved every one wrong.
I'm bit skeptics about the ability of women pilots but they do deserve a fair chance and ..hell yeah the placement in cockpit MUST be based on merit nothing else.

Back
Top Bottom